Anyone Have Any Site Design Advice?

The Iconoclast

Member!
Reaction score
Here's my website: www.mukund.tk

Yes, I know that the ad at the bottom is screwing with the text, and yes I know that the LINKS DON'T WORK...its a layout...

(Sorry I've shown this to people and thats what EVERYONE tells me...)

I plan to add a background midi, and its so simple because its just my portfolio to be...

Sicloan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
the white line at the right seems a little odd. maybe try and get rid of that. use an iframe for the links so people wont have to load the top every time. put a nice graphic on the top. center the whole thing with <center> tags. (will look nicer on larger screen res)

for the midi file dont do something to dramatic. cuz that would drive people away!! also if you want people to comment on it, add a shoutbox for entertainment and suggestions.

The Iconoclast

Member!
Reaction score
I'm at a thousand something by seven hundred something screen res...and I'm newb to site design...so keep that in mind when I say the following..

I'm using flash and when I upload the last button, it automatically creates the line...now I can't get rid of it because I don't know why its there...it has something to do with the size of my canvas in Flash...is there a way to crop ALL layers of a Flash document so that the white line is removed? (I don't wanna dig through like 20 layers for one little millimeter resize)

Whazzat? And IFrame and is it just a normal frame? If so, can I change it so that, instead of the friggin gray bar, I put in some nice blackish bar instead...just so it fits with the design?

I have a nice, calm, cosmo canyon theme in midi planned for the background noise...I don't want a shoutbox...its nice, but I'm probably going to start a forum for C&C

I like the picture at the left...it was my intention, can you send a screenshot or something to see how it is in your screen???...I see maybe 2.5 inch margin at the right of the banner...which is fairly ok...

The Iconoclast

Member!
Reaction score
What javascript effects???

:rofl2

Its called Flash!

Anyways, yeah I'll tone it down and see how that looks...

I like the way the links are...they have the black and white glowy theme running through it, so I feel its got a pattern to it even though they're not the same...

If more people start complaining about the size of the buttons, then maybe I'll size it down...

The Iconoclast

Member!
Reaction score
You beat me to the post by like 2 mins Sicloan and now I have to look like an idiot by double posting so I apologize all...

Hmm...thats weird, I should change the scripting for the banner... I DO have a banner for the site and it looks like this:

Thanks everyone who's already helped...keep em coming :D

The Iconoclast

Member!
Reaction score
:D :D :D :D

Well first off, the banner is crap because it obviously doesn't work with some computers/browsers...so its a big red X to some people (or rather small actually)

Well the banner itself...the lightning effect was a brush...I used it at 30% opacity a couple times...

Actually most of it was just brushes I've made using google image search and the edit>define brush tool...

I will increase the glow...glad you like it! That means a bunch to me :)

(The key to the brush is increasing the opacity as you get closer to the middle...that way, when you apply it at 30% opacity twice or thrice, the middle is REALLY bright and the rest sorta fades...useful indeed)