...and I Return a Man

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
False Hope said:
No, but many people in my family and close friends are / have been. And they all say the same thing. It's not hard, you just need to have self discipline, and you get through it.
Okay, Ill take their word on it.

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
So why the hell did you join the Army of all things?

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
XxSworn_EnemyxX said:
First off, congrats on your choice, I just hope you thought it through.
As a army person, I must ask you. How did you like that damn ASFAB test? Ask me it's worse then the SAT's.
Its ASVAB, and no its not much different than the SAT's or ACT's. Its like both put together. And unless you didn't go to school, you SHOULD score above 60 which helps get your bonuses.

Lastly, what is your MOS. I'm gonna guess from the clearence you are .... 31U (signals). Am I right? Enjoy the Victory Wall.
MOS: 18xray. I will enjoy the victory wall. :)

Oh and keep this in mind when in basic training ... when you get anything to eat with baked beans your going for a surprise ... hope you can hold your breath.
I've already had my taste of the army beans. Christ.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
I've already had my taste of the army beans. Christ.
I was referring to the gas chamber LOL. Beans .... gas .... gas ..... chamber.
Military life is not hard if you are in the mindset and have proper discipline.

As for the pay, since you WILL be deployed to iraq since we are still at war. The pay is nothing. You get about $3.80 hr. Of course you won't need it since everything will be given to you.

ASFAB was a grammer error, like I do alot sorry.
A bit of a heads up (nothing new to you probably) but memorize the alphabet and the steps to safely shooting a bazooka, you will get drilled on this alot.

Victory Tower is a big jungle gym, it was so fun, wish I could do it again.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Yeah, everything is paid for. And no, the cash isn't super awesome, but I don't see anyone here making tons of greens.
Plus, you got me on the Beans. Yeah, the gases will be sweet. But jumping from planes. That's kickass.
I have A LOT of memorize. The Alphabet, ranks, and we cannot forget the motto's.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, Im glad Im not going into the army.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PauseBreak said:
Yeah, everything is paid for. And no, the cash isn't super awesome, but I don't see anyone here making tons of greens.

That's because I don't like to brag.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, since you're still entusiastich, I won't comment on this.

I just hope it's something you like, rather than something you need.

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
Jason said:
The army? I'll never understand why people go into the military other than selfish reasons.
I don't see why not. Maybe some people believe in whatever causes the military's engaged in, Iraq, relief missions, etc? Because even if you don't like the military, we still need an active, standing army?

I might consider the military when I need to make the decision, but I have a bunch of medical problems that might bar my entry into most branches.

XxSworn_EnemyxX said:
As for the pay, since you WILL be deployed to iraq since we are still at war. The pay is nothing. You get about $3.80 hr. Of course you won't need it since everything will be given to you.
He still could be deployed elsewhere, though. The Army has a ton of other deployment places, right?

Well, good luck with it PauseBreak.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
as my fathers a lt colornel serving in iraq, i'd like to give a big shut the hell up to false hope.

grats pause, the army is a great career and i speak from experiance. lets just say my house is worth well over a million, and while my mom does work as well, my pop brings in the good dough. Just be glad you dont have to go trhough ranger training or green beret shit. my pop was both of those, seems like it was hell?

edit: a lot of times people get deployed to korea, germany, kuwait or w/e its spelt, ect. it all depends on your unit, and what you'll be doing and trained for

Gimmi

Eric
Reaction score
Simple Guide to not Getting Deployed in Iraq:
In Basic Training Throw the fake grenades at your fellow cadets.
"Shoot" as many americans as possible
Twitch. They arent going to give a gun to somewith with a twitch.
Finally;speak broken english.

_JaKE

Reaction score
pausebreak, i guess you wont be posting here that much, or anymore right?

PauseBreak

Reaction score
@ B)ushid(o,
Thank you :)

crap said:
Just be glad you dont have to go trhough ranger training or green beret shit. my pop was both of those, seems like it was hell?
Ha. You didn't see my job I picked did you?

teh_gimmi said:
Finally;speak broken english.
LOL

_Jake said:
pausebreak, i guess you wont be posting here that much, or anymore right?
I'm not leaving for a white yet. Starcraft: Ghost may come out before I leave (Maybe 0_o ) Until I leave I'll still be here on my free time. Which I have a lot of because I'm not really doing anything yet. I still have work, but now I'll be have to exercise more (I mean to say start) so yeah.

Venice_Native said:
I hope you die tragically.
If I die it will be a bang. As in like, posting pron bang.lol

Гражданин СССР

Reaction score
Wait, so did you enlist or volunteer. Meaning, are you gonna go for an officerial rank or not? Also what part of the army?

TheJanitor

Aka ORC-r0x0r-ROC
Reaction score
Why didn't you leave it there? You haven't experienced the army fullstop. Congradulate him or tell him how hard your marching band is.

Good job pausebreak, as much as I dislike the American Army, I hope you get a chance to serve your country in battle.

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I, on the other hand, really hope you never get a chance to serve your country in battle, mr. Pausebreak. I hope you stay alive and serve the developement of yourself rather than the questionable foreign policy of your country;)

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Galatia said:
questionable foreign policy of your country

Or foreign policy isn't questionable. Now, what's questionable is, is your intelligence or lack thereof.