Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Are you a red or a blue? :D

Let's look at them from a 'cool' stance.

Allies:
Advanced Defence (imagine having Prism Towers Guard YOUR BANK.)
Nifty Bonuses (Spy Satellite uplink anyone?)
Cool Tanks (Mirage Tanks are awesome, enough said.)
Tanya is estrogen overload. ;)

Soviets:
Crude, but awesome pre-cold war and modern stuff, such as nuclear reactors.
Russian Lingo is the Best. COMRADE. :D
The whole apocalyptic feel...nukes, demo trucks, desolators...
Crazy Kirov Airships. o.o

I'm a Soviet. XD

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Soviet Power Supreme, says the Apocalypse operator.

They have the powerhouse units, a more efficient navy than the Allies from RA1, and they do well against most of the allied units they send. The only con is thier defensive structures kinda suck. Compared to Prism Tanks that is.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
They destroy structures, light vehiciles and infantry with relative ease. They outrange Prism Towers and Tesla Coils. But they cannot really destroy heavy armored vehiciles or air units too well (unless you have lots of them and they are all Elite). And French Grand Cannons mop the floor with them.

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh man i just thought about the voices of apacolypes on yuris revenge. they sound dangerous. but i gotta say regular ra2 game play > yuri's.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
RA1 Allies or RA2 Soviets.

Allies got pussy in RA2.
Ra1 Allies if you played the expansion and had a killer navy.

L

Laharl

I'm still trying to decide which I'd prefer, could you guys please post strengths/weaknesses of each?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I'm still trying to decide which I'd prefer, could you guys please post strengths/weaknesses of each?
RA1
------

Allies have 3 units of navy. Soviets only have subs, which are easily destroyed by Destroyers and a large amount of Gunboats. Cruisers just pwn bases from the sea.

They also have mechanics and medics to heal thier forces.

Soviets practically have everything else. 2 Superweapons, Mammoth Tank, you name it.

Expansion: Nothing much changes, except now Allies have the game's most cowardly abuse. DEMO TRUCKS + Chronosphere.

RA2
------

Allies have powerful base defenses and Prism Tanks and the most air units. However, their navy relies too much on air and most of thier units are poorly armored.

Soviets still have the super tank (Apocalypse), Kirov Airships, and now have mind control Yuris. In the expansion, they lose their psychic technology and they become the power house race.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
RA1
------

Allies have 3 units of navy. Soviets only have subs, which are easily destroyed by Destroyers and a large amount of Gunboats. Cruisers just pwn bases from the sea.

They also have mechanics and medics to heal their forces.

Soviets practically have everything else. 2 Super weapons, Mammoth Tank, you name it.

Expansion: Nothing much changes, except now Allies have the game's most cowardly abuse. DEMO TRUCKS + Chronosphere.
You forget a couple of units which made me love the allies. Spies, Thieves and mine layer. spy = sneak in and uncover information. thief steal half the credits available in a refinery or a silo. Mine layer. Perfect against soviets. Soviet power lies in tanks, and the anti-tank mine layer removes some of that power. Sure soviets have anti personnel mines, but that isn't the same. Allies were hardcore unique.

Also for that soviet superweapon, Allies recieved the chronosphere, and while not billed as one, the GPS satelite is hardcore, especialy with a faction with Gap generators. You can see the whole map, your enemies are shrouded in darkness. Perfect.
Additionally, allies Navy is superior to any force the soviets can muster. Even the subs can be sniffed out with a sonar pulse which shows the location of every sub on the map.

Mechanics were part of the expansion to help ease allies with their tanks.

L

Laharl

Not yet, but I'm probably getting it for my bday next month, the whole set of twelve games :)

Clearcast

Member!
Reaction score
Yay for the comunists! Although the tesla tank is pretty much useless.. But surround their island with subs, get some flak infantry, scatter some dogs randomly around your base to take care of the chrono infantry and spies etc, destroy their source of income and sit there starving them to death! I havn't played that game for a couple of years now but lemmi know when ya'all get it and i'll play ya a little.