Adminmod or amx?

always confused

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For a server I am debating whether to get adminmod or amx? I have noticed that amx has some better plugins but adminmod looks more solid and doesnt take as much time. I also could not find any regular commands that come with amx. Correct me if I am wrong but which is better adminmod or amx? thankz guys bye!

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well amx is the most popular and there are a lot of plugins out for it. im not hosting a server myself, all i know is that amx, for me as a public player, seems reall really good. it offers a load of funtions/plugins for all type of situations, say u host a awp map server u can install a plugin for spawnkill protection so all ppl will get an awp after 5 secs and so on. its pretty good i would have to say

always confused

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Are there any commands that u get when u download it? Or do u have to plugin all the commands. I cant find any of the commands that come with downloading amx? can u put a link out here? thankz!

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
as i said im only using it as player but some commands for players are /hp, /rank etc..

X

xjMaN88lx

amx is for the pub servers that has pubstars etc. a headshot on amx mod is when u shoot someone in the neck. on an amx mod server u can use fun maps and favorites

admin mod is for the more 1337 servers for people in CAL and u should use the basic maps on it such as CAL maps and the standard CS maps.

thats how i see things

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Well, since I've been an admin for both AMX and adminmod, I'd say rcon rules all sicne you don't gotta' install anything, ha ha!

On a note of seriousness, much like xJ said, AMX is mostly for the more popular fy_ maps, awp maps, and also has a lot more plug-ins available for it. As far as admin commands go with AMX, you get mostly the standard stuff, amx_kick amx_csay amx_tsay amx_ban, and it has a nifty easy-to-use menu you can access by binding a key to 'amxmodmenu' in console, which makes everything much easier.

Admin Mod has mostly the same commands, but once again, like xJ said is mostly for servers which don't play fy_ or awp types maps, mostly for regular maps, as admin_mod doesn't have a neat little menu, at least as far as I know, and it doesn't have the felixability that AMX does. It's built for the basics, kick, ban, and a neat little function the server I play on uses called admin_llama, which basically truns a spammer into a Llama (Changes his name), and every time he types it says 'Ooorgle!' ior something similar. very funny to atch these people start shouting at you on the mic because they're spammers.

So, choose accordingly.

-Frank :cool:

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
" a headshot on amx mod is when u shoot someone in the neck"
no.

and amx has a cool plugin that will spawn the italy chicken and attach it to a camper and run after him or awp user etc which is pretty funny for regular publics to even out the teams etc..

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Man I love that chicken thing. Especailly when you have 2 campers and they're ttryin' to walk the corner and a T is camping behind some boxes and he sees this chicken run by, and he shoots the chicken first and the CT (Or T) sopins around and starts spraying at random.

-Frank :cool:

X

xjMaN88lx

i was a chicken once in militia.. i was hiding in the sauna thing and i was massacred...

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I've always used adminmod...it seems to be a little more professional and is a lot easier to work with.