A~Least-used SC unit?

Ota

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ar.geocities.com
well... I always use Malestorm to pralyse stuff, I've never tried with flying units, but it paralises stuff

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
It only paralyzes organic units, both air AND ground. That's why it works so well against Zerg.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Alura said:
No, you misunderstood. Corsairs, actually do a good job in Air Combat, whereas Valkeryies do not. That's what I meant.
That's now what the question is, it's the most underused, ntm Valks are great AA en masse theyre stronger then corsairs thnx

Terran: Valkyrie
Zerg: Queens
Protoss: Scouts, dark archons
I always use Queens. Renzokuken always uses DAs. NTM Scouts are great.

Still undisputedly infested terrans are the definite most underused.

Ota

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ar.geocities.com
Renzokuken said:
It only paralyzes organic units, both air AND ground. That's why it works so well against Zerg.
I'll remember that, thanx

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Yes, Maelstrom + Storm vs. Zerglings en masse = eat shit Renzokuken :'(

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sakuhta said:
That's now what the question is, it's the most underused, ntm Valks are great AA en masse theyre stronger then corsairs thnx

I always use Queens. Renzokuken always uses DAs. NTM Scouts are great.

Still undisputedly infested terrans are the definite most underused.
Everything you just said is wrong except for the infested terran, queens, and DA part. Good luck going valks en masse against a competent z. Valks are also underused. If I see someone make valks en masse, I just laugh at them and then run them over with hydys/(w/e support unit)

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Everything you just said was ignorant. I said valks are great AA. Valks are cheaper then competent Zerg, so if you get a good mass you can quickly kill devourers and mutas as theyre made, ntm overlords. 6 dmg per rocket with splash, with a LOT of valks = close to 100 damage to every unit thats anywhere near where they're attacking.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sakuhta said:
Everything you just said was ignorant. I said valks are great AA. Valks are cheaper then competent Zerg, so if you get a good mass you can quickly kill devourers and mutas as theyre made, ntm overlords. 6 dmg per rocket with splash, with a LOT of valks = close to 100 damage to every unit thats anywhere near where they're attacking.
valks are cheaper than zerg units(Is that what you are trying to say?)
ROFL. ROFL. You realize that 2 scourge can kill a valk, right?

25/75 >>> 250/125
yep, valks are cheaper. valks do EXPLOSIVE damage, for the record. The ONLY time I ever see them is on islands maps, maybe? or when T goes metal which is also rare. In which case z will just switch to hydys(or switch to muta/scourge) since you'll have less tanks and just run you over. On island maps, z goes muta/scourge which kinda rapes valks. Contrary to what you believe valks are VERY VERY expensive.

Scenario:
I do the standard 2 hatch muta opening while you go for valks quickly.(and you need an armory for them) What do think I'm gonna do if I see you making valks that early? switch to hydys. Then you die since you won't be able to switch to tanks in time.

skyglow2

Member!
Reaction score
Firstly, inffested terran yes because it costs too much, difficult to pull off unless youre on money map then MAYBE, and who the hell wants to go through so much trouble anyway to get these units.

Secondly, about vultures, they are awesome against toss. Get 6 vults and mines rush and the 2-3 goons outside your base will die easy if you have enough micro to mine properly, and they demolish probes as well, fast so they can sneak past units to get to the probes, and if the opponent is newbie and go mass zealots, you can beat the shit out of them too.

Thirdly, about turrets, they should be always used in a tvp becuase the terran push consists of siege tanks, vultures and mines, and you need turrets to ward of obs looking at mines, and also to drop zealot drop on your siege tanks.

skyglow1

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I forgot to add ghosts to the underused list. Only in tvts, you MIGHT see them, I guess.

Heh, I look forward to the "But ghosts aren't underused because they can lock stuff down and nuke" comments.

skyglow2

Member!
Reaction score
Ghosts underused yes, I only get them myabe, very rarely though, if enemy is going bcs.

skyglow1

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Sakuhta said:
this is so wrong...

valks are more expensive than ultras, if you total both the minerals and gas..

and you do realize that with a lot of valks, and lots of units on the map....they won't fire properly

skyglow2

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think you can get that many units on lost temple, which I hope is what we're talking about.

skyglow1

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i don't think a group of valks will fire properly if both players are over 150 supply...dunno about that though

skyglow2

Member!
Reaction score
We played a 7v1 hard computer with about 5 guys, I estimate there were about 500 zerg units maybe, probably less, and altogether the player units wouldv'e added up to about only 100 cause alot were nuking. 2 teams of valkyries I used, and only 1 or 2 rockets came out lol. I think you need big numbers to get that effect like the cannons freezing.

skyglow1