A few things that migh make u wonder what you did wrong

Romanian

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.romanian.vze.com
Ok, we'll start with hyper, there are quite a few types of hyper trigger but only 2 that are important, There is the 0 ms hyper which is good for making explosions that never stop, and there is the 1ms Centre vis for computer one which is better for stuff like touching a unit.
A thing that you have to remember is that if you want to use a hyper, first of all always make it a switch never just a normal trigger and make sure that you start your map with hyper because even 0 ms hyper changes the time on explosions for example. So if u r making a bound, first make hyper and then make all the rest of your Timed triggers according to the resulted timing when put together with hyper.

Roaming doesn't work? a lot of people wonder why their units won't Roam, well remember this, only computer and Neutral units can Roam, u can't make a human player's units Roam.

Recall won't work? For recall you need to have arbiters, You need to make the Special ability researched and set it on low energy.

Broodling keeps dying? The only thing that you have to do to it is always set it's energy to 100% and it won't die.

Can't use the nuke? For nuke, you need cc + nuke addon and you also need to make nukes for it. I'm not sure if theres an AI trigger that can do it but i know theres the Modify Unit Hangar Count.

You tried to make your own P12 triggers with Trigger Compiler but u always get an error in perl? Try before saving the triggers to disable them (Untick the box next to the action and the triggers).

You made the right trigger for cloaking a unit but it keeps crashing? Don't forget not all units can be cloaked, i think i saw a post with a list of all the units and buildings that can be cloaked.

You have no idea how 2 make AntiHack? Not that hard, you put an independent CC ontop of a rock where no player has vision and if someone is using maphack and looks over there starcraft will crash (Warning, make sure theres no air units or n e thing that can get vision ontop of the rock and ScXtra doesn't have independed cc. Don't try cloaking units that can't be cloaked because they will crash starcraft wether or not you are hacking.

You are making a map that needs to use more then 1 timer @ 1nce and it keeps stuffing up the other? Not so hard, use a trigger such as:

Trig 1
COND: Always
ACTION: Add 1 Custom Score to player 1
ACTION2: Preserve trigger

Trig 2
COND: If player's score is @ least 10 Custom Score
ACTION: Create 5 Marines (Or what ever)
ACTION2: Set Custom Score to 0 for player 1
ACTION:3 Preserve trigger

Or something like that, i hope you get the concept, after 10 bw seconds (I said "Bw seconds" Because Wait 10,000 Ms isn't really 10 seconds it's a bit less) it will create 5 rines and start the countdown again. (Thats how the sniper anticamp is made if you were ever wondering)

You used StarForge on a map and you can't create the game? Make sure that you didn't add Sprites or well SOME Sprites on the map cos they can be the cause of not being able 2 make a game.

You made a defense game and you want after a number of kills the player to get minerals but after that number of kills they keep getting minerals instead of stopping? Well you have to make an individual trigger for each time you want them to get money Example: 10 Minerals after 5 killz, 10 after 10 kills, 10 after 15 kills and so on. Theres a program that can ease your pain, it's called SCTrigger it does about 100 of em in the blink of an eye.

Aaight well thats all from the top of my head, i can't think of n e more right now (Maibe 6 hours of sleep in 3 days and 3 nights can explain that).

Now, if u help with something specifically, u can post here or look for me on UsWest (Username = Romanian.) With the Dot.

If i said something wrong go ahead and correct me

If you have some other things to add, go for it!

GaZoLiNe

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Romanian

If i said something wrong go ahead and correct me

If you have some other things to add, go for it!

Yup, actually theres a much nicer way to do the "Earn money 4 kills-triggers"

Example:

Player1
---------
Kills and Razings Score is (Number)
---------
Set minerals; Add 200 Vespene gas (for example)
Remove (Number) Kills and Razings score.
Preserve Trigger

Voilá! ;)

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
[COLOR=33DD33]That's a good list of stuff! Good job, I can't see anything wrong with it. I skimmed through it but I don't think there's anything wrong with it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=004400]-[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]M[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]a[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]tr[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]i[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]x[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]-[/COLOR]​

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Broodling keeps dying? The only thing that you have to do to it is always set it's energy to 100% and it won't die.
Just create the broodling from trigger. It will create the broodling with 0 energy and it will never die.
I'm not exactly sure from my memory but I don't think setting the broodling to 100% in energy works.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Master Virus
Just create the broodling from trigger. It will create the broodling with 0 energy and it will never die.
I'm not exactly sure from my memory but I don't think setting the broodling to 100% in energy works.
Actually if you do preserve trigger setting energy to 100% works fine.