A Better AI?

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Are there any versions that gives a very good enemy computer players? If you do know please give me the info. Thanks!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, as far as I know, if you make a map and choose a computer player, you can select the insane AI, then go play it as Use Map Settings.

Checking it, seems to be as a Trigger (you need to create a Location first), Always condition, Run AI at Location action.

Dunno how well it'll work :D

Edit: Adding a map I've just done, it's you versus 7 computers, all in insane mode.

Have fun!

Attachments

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Ok then can I edit one map to set the AI skill of that particular map? If so how can I do it? Oh by the way Great Fart Lord I am humbled by your presence. It has been years since you have made contact with hot peasants such as myself. :D

But Tronga seriously thanks a lot. I'll try this one. Because I'm playing Starcraft against computers and they're just plain Gay. Zergs sometimes doesn't do anything but gather, other Protoss bases are too occupied building canons to make any units rather than Zealots. I want my AI to be pretty bad ass offensive. How am I going to play with your map Tronga? I'm gonna go to use map settings? Am I suppose to put this map in the use map settings folder?

MGCImtR

eSports Player
Reaction score
internet + non-original keys = garena
internet + original keys = garena + bnet
internet + single player = shit

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ok then can I edit one map to set the AI skill of that particular map? If so how can I do it? Oh by the way Great Fart Lord I am humbled by your presence. It has been years since you have made contact with hot peasants such as myself. :D

But Tronga seriously thanks a lot. I'll try this one. Because I'm playing Starcraft against computers and they're just plain Gay. Zergs sometimes doesn't do anything but gather, other Protoss bases are too occupied building canons to make any units rather than Zealots. I want my AI to be pretty bad ass offensive. How am I going to play with your map Tronga? I'm gonna go to use map settings? Am I suppose to put this map in the use map settings folder?
Simply go to Custom, BroodWar maps, WebMaps, BigGameHunters2.scx, and check Use Map Settings.

You'll be allowed to choose a race, and then you'll face 2 terrans, 2 protoss and 3 zerg. If you want to choose any of this, you have to go to your map editor and edit it out.

It's easy if you know what you're doing.

ANd you're the fart!

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Can't I play that on Top VS. Bottom mode? Only in Use Map Setting? How about Team Melee or Team Free For All?

By the way your memory is clouded. I'm the handsome Samurai remember? And you're the fartlord. :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Nah, Use Map Settings only, I'm afraid there's no other way to change SC's bot difficulty.

And of course I know who you are, you Samurai X fanboi!

CerebralChain

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Isn't there a map called '5v3 insane computer' or '3v5 crazee computar' or something? I know I've seen it on bnet from time to time.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's just like this. If you want, I can change the map to allow 3 humans to enter it, and fight 5 computers.

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
I transferred player 1's location to the the lower left corner of the map. What I can't understand is sometimes when the game loads only one computer is actually fighting me and the rest just keep gathering minerals. I've attached it here Tronga, is it possible for you to fix it please? Thanks my Mosquito brother!

Attachments

mortalko

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Well, as far as I know, if you make a map and choose a computer player, you can select the insane AI, then go play it as Use Map Settings.

Checking it, seems to be as a Trigger (you need to create a Location first), Always condition, Run AI at Location action.

Dunno how well it'll work :D

Edit: Adding a map I've just done, it's you versus 7 computers, all in insane mode.

Have fun!