40-49 BG vs. 50-59 BG

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Due to my stupid friends dragging me to ZF one to many times, I'm now level 50.

The problem is, I was having fun in the 40-49 BG's, even with the twinked out frost mages and warlocks.

How different is the 50-59 BG's compared to the 40-49? Obviously most people have their capstone talent, but is it really all that different?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Yes .

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Sounds really ****ty, that's why I never took my twinks out of Org when I did that.

Honestly, you're going to be spending way more money on reupgrading that character all over again, getting people to run you through stuff, and finding even higher level enchants. I'd only consider going to the 59 bracket if you've really got a ton of gold to burn.

Otherwise, grats leveling another twink, hope you've learned your lesson this time around. :)

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Me? I'm still 52 heh, but i'm gonna be the most selfish bastard you've ever met. Gonna stay some lame farm spec, not raid, 5man very little. All until i get my epic flyer!

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Sounds really ****ty, that's why I never took my twinks out of Org when I did that.

Honestly, you're going to be spending way more money on reupgrading that character all over again, getting people to run you through stuff, and finding even higher level enchants. I'd only consider going to the 59 bracket if you've really got a ton of gold to burn.

Otherwise, grats leveling another twink, hope you've learned your lesson this time around. :)
See, that's the problem. I'm not a twink, but all my friends are. So when they drag me to ZF or wherever for their stupid twink items, I just grab whatever is better then what I currently have, and suddenly I have items that don't totally suck.

Re-upgrading isn't a problem. What I'm asking about is the actual gameplay. What classes should I look out for? What retardation from the opposing team can I expect?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
What's your class and race? Or faction, whichever you prefer.

Can't really say who are your nemesis unless you're a shaman, and in that case everyone's your nemesis!

@ Ranzo: Enhancement Shaman is the best grinding machine in WoW. No downtime, heals self, doesn't spend bullets.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score

Can't really say who are your nemesis unless you're a shaman, and in that case everyone's your nemesis!

@ Ranzo: Enhancement Shaman is the best grinding machine in WoW. No downtime, heals self, doesn't spend bullets.
Hi2u dr00ds farm bettar. And mages kill faster.

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score

Undead subtlety rogue.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Hi2u dr00ds farm bettar. And mages kill faster.
Maybe druids can beat shamans, yeah, but not mages. Mages have loads of downtime, believe me, I got one at 70 >> Hate farming with the bugger.

Rogues still need some downtime once in a while. Only 3 or 4 classes don't need, druids, enh shamans, affliction locks and hunters, and maybe elemental shamans with the new buffs to water shield and mana spring (but they eventually need to drink). Out of all those, enh shamans have the most burst damage, although uncontrolled.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Then you suck with your mage. I was rocking 5 or so mobs at a time that were 69-70 and sitting down for 15 or so seconds inbetween pulls, or one at a time killing them in 4 hits with downtime every 4 or 5 mobs.

You must be doing something wrong if you have loads of downtime.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Then you suck with your mage. I was rocking 5 or so mobs at a time that were 69-70 and sitting down for 15 or so seconds inbetween pulls, or one at a time killing them in 4 hits with downtime every 4 or 5 mobs.

4 or 5 mobs and then drinking is what I call a huge downtime. Believe me, those I said about never, absolutely never, have to stop except to throw a heal once in a while. Then they go again.

If you were trying to impress me with your mage skills, you completely failed :p

Btw Sean, a raid should have two shadow priests, one in healer's group, one in caster's group. With that, and the buffs to mana gems (mana emerald now has 3 charges and gives about 2.5k mana), and evocation (gives 75% of your mana poll, so swap some int weapons, evoc, and off you go), mages do not run out of mana that easily anymore. In that case, Molten Armor is unarguably superior to Mage Armor.

Although it has been a while since I played my mage on raids, I only go to Hydross to AoE the adds and Lurker to sheep the adds, and while in Hydross I use mage armor because AoE is a pain to mana, I can use molten np at Lurker.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score

Sitting down for 15 seconds? That's called downtime. Too much downtime. On my 53 Shaman i've only ever had to drink water from a vendor or mage about 20 times. I don't have downtime unless i accidentally pull more than 3.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
At 53, gz. He makes it seem like he's drinking/eating after every fight 1v1.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Thing is, as you well said, mages kill things in 2 seconds, then drink for 15 seconds.

50% of the time I'm farming with my mage is spent drinking, 50% is kinlling 10 mobs, the rest is being bored while the gnome drinks.

Where did I say anything about drinking after 1v1? :p

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You didn't, but the way you were *****ing about how mages suck for farming made it seem like you were/