Drug

Reaction score
Who else has seen it, and agrees that it is one of the best movies that Warner Brothers have come out with in a very long time?

I personally thought the movie was amazing. The Spartans definitally gave me a reason to go to gym haha.

X-soldior

Member!
Reaction score
aw man i wanna see that so bad. wasn't it a remake of an older movie because i heard about 300 and the plot sounds really familier.... i could be wrong tho.

Drug

Reaction score
Not that I know of.. But maybe.. lol I dunno the movie was sick though.. If i was you I'd find one of those theatre that play old movies or rent it right away when it comes to blockbuster/netflix. :)

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Good movie but so unrealistic.

COMMON GUYS LETS GO TO WAR DONT FORGET YOUR SPEEDO AND A CAPE.

THEY GIVE US THE POWER TO BLOCK THOUSANDS OF ARROWS WITH OUR SHIELDS!!!!!!!1

besides stuff like that, good movie.

The Sweet Love

Never Say Never
Reaction score
It was okay. I didn't like the horse getting it's leg cut off or that Xerex's looked like a drag queen.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
aw man i wanna see that so bad. wasn't it a remake of an older movie because i heard about 300 and the plot sounds really familier.... i could be wrong tho.
the battle has been referenced in some movies like Last Samurai or other media.
The movie is a adaptaion of a graphic novel that was based on a 60's movie called the 300 spartan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ1j9BYZljk lol a clip)

i could handle the monsters but the goat thing was just too weird

Carbon

Battle God
Reaction score
did anyone else here about that girl that got kicked in the theatre?

supposedly she got up in the movie and said "this movie sucks" and some guy got up and said "this movie doesn't suck! this is sparta!" and kicked her down the stairs.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
it wasn't based on the 300 spartan, it just served for inspiration. It's hard to do a remake of a movie, which is rooted in history.

and for the rest i iwll quote myself

The movie is historical fiction really based on a graphic novel. Obvious blaring historical inaccuracies: (Sparta had 2 kings, There were around five thousand Greeks at Thermopylae , 700 Thespians aided the 300 Greeks, No mention that at the same time the Greek fleets battled the Persian navy and inflicted heavy casualties). Also I would like to know, did they start with 300 spartan, or did they die as 300? Because all things considered, several Spartans were killed during the battle.

In the end it really doesn't matter. I'm surprised no one really realizes this, but it's when you really look at the movie, the entire thing wreaks of bias. Who narrates the film? Dilios, a Spartan. Think about it he is retelling the story throughout. You aren't witnessing the actual events, you are taking a journey through a story told by a good story teller. Thats why the 150,000 Persians became a million. That is why Persians are "monstrous", and the Spartans are heroes. Of course only the Spartans would appear as courageous and the rest of the Greeks cowardly. The only Spartan depicted as being deformed was a traitor. It's a movie about perspective, with some really cool ****ing battle scenes, and is in no way a "documentary". As the director said, He(Dillios) knows how to tell a story without throwing in facts to make it boring.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm like the only person who has not seen it. I might download it on torrent instead of seeing it in theaters, but that would such compared to the big screen. Meh.

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
great movie and agree

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
spartacus is better.... woo hoo jan 27th new season

CrazyKooK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen spartacus despite being told to many times.