Zerg Section Is Here Kekeke

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Yeah seriously, took them long enough.

So it turns out that every Zerg unit was basically a race of something else gone psycho thru assimilation and mutation... Good job Bio-Borgs.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
When I bought SC, I didn't really get a multi-page manual, so the backstory behind each unit wasn't available for me. So its pretty much new to me.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
When I bought SC, I didn't really get a multi-page manual, so the backstory behind each unit wasn't available for me. So its pretty much new to me.
the whole Zerg infestation thing didn't tip you off that Zerg were a race that just took other biological entities of it's own?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The backstory is on Blizzard's website for the original SC. Its similar.(if not exactly the same as SC2's version)

There's a little description for each unit as to how each of them were assimilated into the zerg swarm.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
I'm really digging just how much more the Zerg seem to be a swarming race with higher quantities of units massing all over the place. In the Hydralisk action shot it unleashes a total horde...makes me happy inside.

I'm also much thankful that they got rid of that irritating spitting sound Hydralisks used to make when they attacked.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
the whole Zerg infestation thing didn't tip you off that Zerg were a race that just took other biological entities of it's own?
I knew it was a hierarchy system, with regards to Overmind -> Cerebrates -> Lesser Minions. And I knew they were created somewhat the same way Protoss were.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah I know that stuff, but not the fact their units are an assimilation of other species.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
In case nobody said this: you didnt knew about it? really?
*Know.

Failx2.

@Vadriel: When i saw the hydras in action i was like "wtf is my sound not working? WHERE IS THE SPITTING SOUND!?!" Yeah, i miss the spitting sound :(

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
very impressive i cannot wait for them to show what the zerg are capable of. the big units seem very powerful i wonder what special moves they will have. also anybody noticed they changed the colossus attack?

XGhozt

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
Website
www.XGhozt.com
very impressive i cannot wait for them to show what the zerg are capable of. the big units seem very powerful i wonder what special moves they will have. also anybody noticed they changed the colossus attack?
Yeah, I like the moving while burrowed part. :)

Because that is just someone talking into a mic, before all the effects and **** are added.
Shouldn't that have been added for the "grand opening"? I'm pretty sure that was part of the video and not someone talking into a mic while it was playing.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't that have been added for the "grand opening"? I'm pretty sure that was part of the video and not someone talking into a mic while it was playing.
If they cared about the presentation the video wouldn't have been rendered in game, they would have had a real cinematic. IT is just a voice recording p;laying over an ingame video. Likely when and if it is ever released on the SCII website it will be cleaned up a bit, like when the other videos are ported over there.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
In case nobody said this: you didnt knew about it? really?
Does that honestly matter up to this point anymore? I said I didn't know till now, and now I do. Stop bringing it up.

Vadriel & Renzo said:
When i saw the hydras in action i was like "wtf is my sound not working? WHERE IS THE SPITTING SOUND!?!" Yeah, i miss the spitting sound
It was probably not included into that video. After all, we are only seeing the beta stages of what's to come. And the Zerg section was released recently.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
See I thought I could hear a very faint sound(but was definately overpowered by other sounds in the game.) So probably the Hydras attack sound is either not finalized, or it simply isn't loud enough to hear.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
My guess is its not finalized yet. Almost all the attack animations have sounds.

Then again, it may have gotten blended into the Battlecruisers and Vikings that were being destroyed.