Zelda - Please explain

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
I've got Zelda: Twilight Princess and quite honestly think it's a heap of shit. What is the whole thing with Zelda? It's just a stupid, cheesy platformer to me. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think the only reason people say they like it, is because everyone else says they like it.

Instead of getting angry at me (which I'm sure many of you die-hard Zelda fans will), please explain what is so freaking awesome about this series. Maybe I need to play it more, but it's quite dull thus far. I've never played a Zelda game before this.

*SPOILER WARNING*

I'm up to the bit where you have to battle the big burning monster of doom. Just so you know in case it gets more fun later on.

*Update*

Holy Shizzle. I've just looked at a walkthrough of Zelda (not to ruin anything) and it has about 20 sections to it. The Goron Mines are about section 5..This game is so long! Could this explain why I'm still finding it boring? I've been playing it for about 15 hours now and still have barely got into it! New hope has arrived..I think. Still answer my above Q please! :)

TroiK-

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I've got Zelda: Twilight Princess and quite honestly think it's a heap of shit. What is the whole thing with Zelda? It's just a stupid, cheesy platformer to me. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think the only reason people say they like it, is because everyone else says they like it.

Instead of getting angry at me (which I'm sure many of you die-hard Zelda fans will), please explain what is so freaking awesome about this series. Maybe I need to play it more, but it's quite dull thus far. I've never played a Zelda game before this.

*SPOILER WARNING*

I'm up to the bit where you have to battle the big burning monster of doom. Just so you know in case it gets more fun later on.

*Update*

Holy Shizzle. I've just looked at a walkthrough of Zelda (not to ruin anything) and it has about 20 sections to it. The Goron Mines are about section 5..This game is so long! Could this explain why I'm still finding it boring? I've been playing it for about 15 hours now and still have barely got into it! New hope has arrived..I think. Still answer my above Q please! :)
Yeah hes right im at the goron mines also and looked up at the 20 secions and freaked but the game is pretty dull its like copying the ocarina of time how ****ing gay is that.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm further than the mines, and I'm going to say the game really does start off slow. IT's starting to pick up a bit, but there are to many cut scenes, like they tried to add to much of a story to it :(

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's addictingly annoying - that sums up Zelda. The bosses can get very difficult and sometimes you want to throw the Wiinote at the television after a puzzle cannot be solved. It forces you to try everything.*

Jenny!

Public Relations ADDministrator
Reaction score
I haven't had any trouble with it. It's been really really fun and intriguing. After you get to the point that you no longer have to collect the light stuff as a wolf it gets 100% better. Being the wolf is boring. The bosses really aren't hard at all though. Fun though.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Despite the limitations of the wolf, I thought being the wolf was partially fun.

Jenny!

Reaction score
How far are you? I know i didn't mind at first, but it started to become a headache. The music in the twilight area is also a headache. It's much better when you can freely change between forms and rarely have to be a wolf. We got to the Temple of Time and no wolf needed there. It was delightful.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'm about to the Sky Temple, and I'm having a blast. I don't know what it is about Zelda games, but they usually make me drop every game I'm playing to focus on them. I was playing FF XII...until I got Twilight Princess. I also tend to like randomly swinging the Wii-mote around when I'm facing certain baddies or groups. You don't really need to, but it's just kinda fun.

The bosses feel easier in this game while the dungeons seem harder. I like the horse battles.

McGorilla

Member!
Reaction score
Thanks for that guys. I was expecting more "omfg u ***en gay noob zeldaisliek the bset game eva!!!!11"

It is kinda fun though, I must admit, but those Goron mines are ridiculously platformer oriented and got really frustrating having to get the angle of my jumps perfect. I'm out of those mines now though, which is good. Its not as boring as I made it out to be, it just gets kinda dull doing the same thing over and over again. I'm up to the bit where you find Ilia now. I just jumped off that burning bridge of doom (the one with oil on it ..The Hyrule Super Bridge or something). Hopefully it gets better. I wont give up on it, but currently I'm more interested in playing Tony Hawks thing and Wii Sports. Anyway I'd still prefer more feedback on this matter. Thanks ^_^

Jenny!

Reaction score
If you got annoyed by the Goron Mines wait till the Waterbed temple. It took me, like, two hours to figure out where the **** I was suppose to go to begin with then it was fairly smooth sailing. BTW, don't forget to get both heart pieces in each temple.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
We Zelda fans aren't like FF VII fans, so don't get us confused ;) *notices cheap shot*

In all seriousness, I know everybody has their own tastes. If you ever have any problems with flaming, just tell a moderator. We try our best to keep the balance between and honest argument and outright flaming, so you should find it fairly safe to say what you want as long as it's not over the top.

Hehe. In any case. The Water Temple is confounding. I think it and the Ice Temple are the hardest two. They really like to pick your brain. The boss puzzles are interesting in this game. I think their among the best ones yet. I just need to find time to finish hunting down the Sky Temple's entrance...

Anyway. The Ilia event has some annoyances to it. It's fun...but you've got to take care of certain things in such a way that it is literally one, big multitasking event.

The-Resistance

Member!
Reaction score
Im really hating this game right now but for some reson I cant stop playing it.
Zelda games have that effect on people. I've beat all Zelda games except "adventure of link", and i'm workin on Twilight Princess.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what game you're playing, but this is the best Zelda yet. It kicks so much ass.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I'll say this. As of the ending of Twilight Princess, I cannot decide which game I like better between Ocarina of Time and the aforementioned. Directly after them would be Wind Waker and A Link to the Past, in an undetermined order. I dare not wager my likings after that point... They run too close, so I might slip up in saying. Whatever the case, those are definitely my top four.