Z~Hydra's are the best, not zerglings!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy Demon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hydra'sarethebestnotzerlings!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, there's a thread in this Zerg forum that says Zerglins rule, but I have to disagree. Zergings are the worst, the most crapiest, unit ever in SC. Hydras r much much better. Hey do more damage and can at least attack air!
So there iamshort. Hydra's rule and Zerglngs sux.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
The Hydras have explosive damage, so they make around 3 damage to zerglings.

A zergling full upgraded can defeat an hydra also full upgraded, I think. Last time I checked, yea, but it was a long time ago, might be wrong.

Both zerglings and hydras are good, for the right thing.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Personally, I think Hydralisks suck, they don't even stand a chance against Zerglings.

Hydralisk deals only 5 dmg to Zergling.
And that's why Hydralisks are not used in Z vs Z, because Hydralisks will get owned by Zerglings, and Mutalisks.

iamshort

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been on for sooo long and the moment I come back, theirs a thread dissing Zerglings. Well, Mr. Crazy Demon, why the f**K don't u go and read the thread I have carefully this time.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Going hydras in zvz is impractical. Muta/ling will chew them up. Lings are used in EVERY matchup so I can't see how hydras are "better". And yes, zerglings beat hydralisks unless they're fighting in a confined area.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Cracklings>>Hydras

however,

Hydras>=<Zerglings

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
I think hydras might be better in the begining but down the line lings can do buku dmg when fully upgraded.... well not really but when you got 35+ of them and they surround units and buildings they really go to work and have the hydras attack from the back.

they both support each others weak points.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ZvZ a little group of hydras is good anti air against fast musta.. but ling/lurkis good if your good at it.. burow wars :D good thing sight is early for zerg.

yes cracklings are upgraded lings. fast movement and enhanced attack speed.

mrGroby_tf

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I totally agree, but...

Like I sead, I totally agree, but u can't only play with hydras. Mass o' hydras are very efective, but what do you do when a sum of siege tanks come into play,...? That's the moment when zerglings are bound to come in. U send them like kamikazi chineezez, and spitt with hydras as a distraction, that's a nice combination. Anyway, hydras suck on their own, any unit sucks on their own, so find a nice combo that fits u, and go play! Donnot forget obs.:p

CuteGuyNo.1

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hydra that is used in zvz is made when u see ur oppoent getting a lair, get hydras at this time and use ling to defend ur own choke, research all hydra upgrades including lurk. 2-3 lurk is enough, then mass hydra and get 2-3 queens, get ensare and attack

hydra/lurk/queen is meant for early game vs muta/ling counters, but always make ALOT of lings early on.
To use hydra/lurk/queen effectively, you must learn to use ling to delay thier spire as much as possible

4ero

Member!
Reaction score
i dont think of zergling as units theyre good at start but later they suck so much
but its true a full upgraded zergling can kill a hydralisk but if its a group of hydras vs lings the lings get wasted

aphextwin

Reaction score
cracks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> hydra, make a map with liek 50 cracks and hydra and see who wins

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Metablic boost upgrade is enough to own hydras.
Their speed, cooldown rate, build time, 2ling per 1larv, and their cost...zerglings > hydras

Zera

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
4ero.....ever seen a ling flank?
holy shit man....that happened to me in lost temple. it was early in the game, and i had marines and medics, (about 14 all together). i was in the enemy base, and i was right past their doorstep. i come in, and suddenly, about 12 lings come from the top. usually, medarines in large numbers massacre lings. however, about 8 lings come from the left. i was screwed.
wtf is cracklings? Arn't those lings?
cracklings are lings with full upgrades. and btw, it depends on how you use hydras and lings. if you can micro hydras, they can beat lings (if the lings dont have metallic boost and stuffs). but personally, lings Pwn hydras. --; you rarely see hydras in any matchup except for maybe TvZ

S

SiNZi

are you guys serious? i use hydras in every match i play with zerg, and i rarely use zerglings. i still agree that zerglings would win but only if they were upgraded, otherwise hydras would destroy.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Except for lurkers, firebats with siege tanks behind, zealots, goons and high templars, reavers, etc.

That's why I love this game :)