Your feelings about *Death*

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
What do you feel when you hear the word death? I mean, don't think about video games, but how does death affect you? When somone you know dies, does it affect you badly? Do you think there is a place after death? Why do you think when someone dies it is hard to get over it?

Well, I hate death and I wish it never existed, but it is part of nature. When one of my family members died, I show that I don't really care, but when I start to think about how I will never see them again, I begin to feel sad and sometimes I cry. I hope there is a place after death, that is nice, and there is no place called Hell. It is hard to get over it because you begin to realize that you will NEVER see them again and you will NEVER hear their voice in person again.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Originally posted by Andrew.
When somone you know dies, does it affect you badly?
No shit sehrlock :D.

Originally posted by Andrew.

It is hard to get over it because you begin to realize that you will NEVER see them again and you will NEVER hear their voice in person again.
Unless you got a webcam :D. Really though, my feelings toward death are just like yours, except I think hell should exist. I mean if you raped 67 woman, why would you go to a good place after you die? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Forged

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I see death as part of nature, it will happen to you at some point so there is no need to fear it. I fill sad when a family member dies obivouslly, but in all my family's case it has been for the best as all the deaths I have been around have been old and decrepied grandparents. Mean I know but honest...

I think I believe in some kind of reincarnation but I am not 100% on that one.

Gedrin

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ah finnaly a meaningful topic. Many thanks. I was getting really tired of the politics, and gay marriage stuff that of late are annoyingly popular topics.

It is one of those things in life that eventually happens to us all. I miss those who have left me, and it will be many years until I get to see them if ever.

Personally I repress my feelings about these kind of things. It is not like I want to, it just happens. When my grandmother died, she was first betrayed by her youngest son. She was sick for over a year, and then she died. A year later my grandfather died. I'm not sure if I could have handled that all at the same time back then.

To tell you the truth it hurt more to see them sick and betrayed than to have them die. When someone is dead they can't suffer anymore.

It seems to hurt less when people live long full lives, and then die suddenly in their sleep.

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
Death depresses me. I think it's one of the only things I fear..

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Undead Cheese
Death is the end. There is nothing after it.

Have you died before?

When a close family member dies, I get really sad. If it's someone that is close to my family but I don't really know them too well, I get sad but not really that sad.

I strongly believe that there is life after death. Wouldn't it suck just floating around or just laying in your cold, dead, decaying body?

X

xjMaN88lx

i see death as the end ... once u die ur gone till the end of time

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't know about this "death" thing, doens't it usually end up with somone dying?

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
when your dead as far as im concerned you cease to exist... its very sad seeing people you love die and knowing you will never get to talk to them again, but im not afraid of dying myself.. if i die i feel no pain, i miss nothing, i am not sad. i simply am gone. thats fine with me, the problem i have is feeling so sad when people you care about die. it would suck if you died before you got to do anything with your life, but what are you gonna do? how bad can it be? do oyu still have a conciousness after death? who the hell knows.. just live it up while your around and never be mean to your parents or grandparents.. when theyre gone youll wish you were nicer to them.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
I'm not afraid of death; it's just part of nature. It's immortality that I fear. I consider death to be a gift. It's simple and easy compared to life.

I have to admit that I'm really not all that sad when a family member dies. I mean the event itself may be tragic, but it's death and it happens. No amount of tears will change the fact that the person is gone, so you might as well be content to celebrate who they used to be rather than mourn the fact that they are gone.

I think that for the most part, it is hard when someone dies due in part to our own selfishness. The first thing that comes to mind when you think of someone who died is how you will never see them again or anything. You miss them, and that's what makes you sad....

I don't know what comes after death. I believe in some version of Heaven and Hell, as well as reincarnation. I don't know where the people I know who have died have gone to, and I don't know where I'm going (assuming Heaven and Hell do in fact exist).

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
If in a few years, we have the technology to live in Mars, then in a few years we should have the technology to make people live longer...
I don't believe in after life. You have lived your glory momments and sad moments on Earth. Why should you get rewarded to Heaven after life or punished to Hell after life?

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Undead Cheese
Death is the end. There is nothing after it.
You forgot decay and decomposition. According to some there is an "afterlife" or somewhere for your "soul" to ascend to.

Dark Exploit

Member!
Reaction score
Website
legendsofAsheron.org
shit.. hope theirs games and hott chicks in heaven...

oh yah.. I don't know if theirs an after life... why the hell do we even exist.. unless maybe were being prepared for the next life..? ok i will just shut up.. obviously i am to tired to talk about this.. man wtf am i smoking ok whatever i am leaving now