Xbox fans, skins, and stuff

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
Do any of you know of a website or somthing that sells neon lighted cooling fans, or differant jewels or differant colored xbox cases? I have been to a website that has somthing to do with that, I just don't have it anymore. Do you know of one?

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
Most replacement cases are not to good, they are of bad quality and they crack ez. For different jewels go to www.craxtion.com (i think) and for the fans just go to ebay. Dont buy skins, dont be a pussy and paint your xbox.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Whats wrong with a painted XBox?

How is it pussy?

-Frank :cool:

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
actually im thinkin of painting my xbox lee! >.< theres nothin wrong with that, ima have a neat picture airbrushed around the jewel...just havnt decided what yet...

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
why didnt my post from like 5 hours ago show up X| anyways, painting = good, skins = bad. xbox-scene is where i learned all my shit, but u dont buy stuff from there =/ cept for B/S/T, but i would rather go to a more secure place like ebay or something.

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
Oh.. ok I was going to buy a light moded fan from them. Do you think a local computer store will happen to have some light moded, 80 mm fans? lol

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
more than likly, worst comes to worst, see how much they are at radio shack. If you want a 80mm fan, ur going to have to cut up the hdd tray and take out the metal shilding (its useless anyways).

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
to take out the metal shilding? or to cut up the hdd tray? the shilding you just unscrew, the hdd tray, you can cut it other ways too :p

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
How about light moding your Xbox? I think Iam going to polish up the Xbox jewel and then put some LED's in the Xbox case. Then I will light mod the Madcatz Microcon, and my Xbox will be pimped! Thats a good idea, but it will take some time and a little bit of skill.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
How are you with soldering? I still believe you should take out the shilding, i took them out of all of my xbox's and most other people do to, better cooling, doesnt get in your way, ect ect...but DONT CUT IT, if you cut it, it will cut you back a million times worse,believe me, and everyone at xbox-scene, u WILL get cut. Remember to use hotglue for the led's, and get high mcd leds, like 6000 or 5000. Higher the mcd, brighter it will be. For my first led job i put them in the front grill underneath the face plate, and it looked quite good, but it didnt have light anywhere else, so i pealed off my jewel, cleared it, and never got around to putting it back on,lol....ive done other stuff, but i dont feal like going on for an hour here, gotta talk to tha gf X| lol When you clear the jewel, try to get it either as clear as possible, or as foggy as possible, other wise it looks like shit. It is ofton better off to buy a new jewel from craxtion or no_remorse. make sure to use a 2" hole saw when your making the hole under the jewel, it will make a perfect circle, and nothing else will. Well, gottta go, later.

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
I can solder, my dad kind of like passed it down when I was like 12, lol. I liked to expariment on old computers. Im going to get a second Xbox from a second hand store and try stuff on that so I dont ruin mine. Im also going to try a controller. When you said you had put leds underneath the faceplate, were the control ports glowing or somthing? Also a cool one is where you turn the green light around the eject botton red.

COTA-GoD

Member!
Reaction score
i changed my green led's to blue and made them turn on when there is hdd activity. My leds in the face plate were facing down, making a underglow, but i also had the jewel led's. My gf came over and we were watching a movie (yes, we were accually watching it,lol) and the xbox got in the way, so i put my sweater over it, then it over heated X|

Patrick_A

Boss D.J.
Reaction score
Underglow, eh? That sounds awsome. The leds got in the way? how many did you have, like 8?