Xbox 360: what do you think of it?

Th3 Sly 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
The Xbox 360 has been out for 2 months+ now. How many of u guys have one, and if u don't have u played one? what do you think of it? just sum questions, i want to see if my opinions aren't shared or are.:tnt

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
No good games out for it, no reason to have it.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
It's alright, but not worth the 600$ that my brother dished out for it. He even had to buy the slimmed down version that was going to be 399$, but he couldn't find one cheap.

The only game he has is PG3 which is cool, but it doesn't look as great as I would expect from a next generation console, it's probably because he has a crapy TV. I've heard that the 360 looks great on HiDef, but shit on regular.

I'm going for meh.

Sly

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, I dont really think its worth it other than having the chance to say you have a 360.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I really wasn't that impressed by it, it seemed rushed out the gate to me, which is backed up by the reports of the things over heating so quickly.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It is far to similar to the dreamcast. Seriously, everythign is reminisent of 5 years ago when the dream cast came out.

1. White console following an ugly black one.
2. Rushed to beat the sony consol (DC -PS2 & 360 - Ps3)
3. Both debut at MTV.
4. Both displayed at E3, only to have a Metal Gear solid trailor take away alot of the hype for it.
5. Did not support the new DVD format (DC only had a special type of CD, Xbox only has normal DVD not HD)
6. Few games at launch, with many consumers holding out to wait for the next consol.
7. Both Follow a big online hype
8. both played previous games under emulation
9. Oddly enough, DC first party racer, is the same company that developed the 360 first party racer PG3.

There were a few other wiered similarities.

Th3 Sly 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
srry check this site out, it seems to not have posted the correct one http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1412/Xbox-360-Glitch-Claims-UnfoundedOr-Are-They/p1
this may or may not answer many of ur questions, if it doesn't, ask me, i have one, a projector, and 6.1 surround and all i can say is it kicks major butt.
and Beck, in response to what u said, ur brother should have waited, the $600 he paid was not really worth just the slimmed down $300 version.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
You've got a projector? A friend of mine says the 360 doesn't look that great at high resolutions on big screens with HD. He says it looks pixelized, as though there was no antialiasing applied. Is that true?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
SOME of the release games have little Antialiasing, yeah. It's kind of annoying actually

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Master.America said:
You've got a projector? A friend of mine says the 360 doesn't look that great at high resolutions on big screens with HD. He says it looks pixelized, as though there was no antialiasing applied. Is that true?
I've heard the exact opposite. My brother told me it was made for 1080P(True HD) and looks bad on regular TV's.

I've noticed it's hard to see some upcoming turns on PG3 because of the TV, but I'm not sure if it will be better with a HD TV.

Krovvy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ReiGn said:
Doesn't feel next gen enough.
That will come with newer games. Oh, and does anyone know if the 360 will support DX10 fully? Please god say yes.

Th3 Sly 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
The system doesn't look bad on normal TVs, it depends on what tv u have and its quality. The games and everything looks AMAZING on the projector, and the surround sound adds to the effect. Sorry Beck, don't know about DX10 yet, but i will keep u guys posted!!! check out 1up.com for games and other stuff. Keep the questions coming!!! im glad to answer them!!! plus i want to increase the xbox community:)

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
lso remember the full ability of the 360 hardware wise is not even close to being utilized to any great degree. The games were rushed to meet the launch anyways, so if you expect any reallly good looking games ,your going to be disapointed. Like ALL systems, you only get the best looking games usualy 2 years into the system.

Th3 Sly 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Halo 3 all da way!! but ya gottta love "Gears of War" and "Elder scrolls:Oblivion"!!!!