Worst thing about WoW?

Oath

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
uh i have a question, how are the payment methods going to be? cuz like i dont have a credit card, so im hoping its like the sims online where u can go pay 30 bucks for a card at target and get 3 months

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
They are still thinkin about it, but I think they will have more than one option. You can use a credit card, game cards, and probably other things. Don't worry.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I'm thinking Credit Card, Game Cards, Paypal, or "cash"

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think they willhave *cash* b/c it seems hard to do. How would you do it?

GotCraftian

Member!
Reaction score
Ya, they better have more options or probably much less people will get it because of no credit card... but i guess the monthly fee will be reasonable even for me..

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Cash is refering to Money Orders...I used em for DAoC for a while...but they dont work good

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess money orders would work. If they don't have money orders, i'd be surprised.

Sky_dragon

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Pay to play sucks, I get about 15$ a month so that's to expensive for me. But after reading your opinions I must agree, pay to play is for the best (holiday job here I come ;) )

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
EQOA got boring to me in about 15 min. Game cards should include the option for buying a certain amount of months, like 2 months, or 7 months.

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I don't think blizzard really thought about how much this will be costing people outside US. The exchange rate can make it pretty hard for some people to play. They probably will make enough money off of game sales to run it anyway, I don't see why a monthly fee needs to be over 10$ (it will be).

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
EQOA is crap. Go out and play the real EQ...Most people here havnt ever played an MMO so they don't know the real cost of keeping all the crap up to date, so I'll let it slide when you say "I dont see why a monthly fee needs to be over 10"

Stryder

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by icastbigspells
whats a gamecard?
Lik a phone card, u can buy if off games stores n use the minutes/days on it, till it expire.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by TreeFrog123
Well think about how many people play, and how much they will make from the initial sales.
True, many people will buy, but also true a game of this calibur is very expensive to have the people to run techsupport, to actually make the game, and GM's in the game to make sure everything is fine.

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Worst thing, I believe, is not on there. The worst thing would be that I would have to sleep occasionally to stop playing.

evilblanket

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am old, so I know what kind of crap goes into cost of gaming.

You have to think backwards then forwards.

Backwards: how long did they take to develop it? How many people worked on it? How much will it take to market/ distribute it? This costs money, called overhead, which goes into the price of the product and the service.

Forwards: How may people will sign up? They have to accurately guess that based on the number of sales in the game genre (MMO) and the number of sales in their proprietary base (D1, D2, Warcraft, etc). This also costs money to calculate, so that goes into the price of the service.

Add all of those things together, and you get your monthly fee.

It sucks, but thats the cost of business.

Oh, for all of those threads that rate WoW vs. EQ2, here is a simple way to finalize it. THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG, ONLY OPINION.

Sorry for the caps, but no one will agree when they are biased, so stop trying to make your point, the other person will not agree no matter what you say.

For me, I am going to play WoW, since I like Blizzards stuff.