Why not USA?

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Why does it seem that all the "best" WC3 players are from Eurasia? Players from the US of A get looked down upon simply because of their location, believed that they cannot possible beat the best from Korea or something. Why?

It seems that way in tournaments, too. The winning players are all from Europe. Do people from the Americas all have some gene that makes us lesser at RTS games? Or do all the good players simply migrate to Europe on principal?

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
umm Yeah well i think its the gene cuase i dont know anyone that is really really good at any rts (unless its me in red alert 2 but thats just 2 ez) i think that over in europe they have more time to get better (expecally the adults cuase you work less hours over there and get paid the same as in the states) We just dont have a winning attitude really cause if we loss to one korean we are like thats it i cant beat him and then we dont try

Xenoce

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Not everyone gets so discouraged so easily. There are some really hardcore US players, that simply don't seem to make the ranks. The shorter work day might be something, though.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
well deadman, aether, and wizard are all from the u.s., so is rice and many others, not sure if he is american, but he plays on the USEast server.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Because Koreans are ahead of us and practice way more :-/.

Biske

Reaction score
Amen. Koreans live, breathe, and dream video games...kinda sad, if you think about it.

Lone_Wolf

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Prox
Amen. Koreans live, breathe, and dream video games...kinda sad, if you think about it.

lets make ourselves feel better by putting down a different culture....

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
The main reason why they do better is because in there little sociaty, its cool to play these games... They play on lans and stuff with there friends..... The only thing thats keeping us playing.. ( well atleast most of you guys ) are the comunities built up on te internet like these forums... Which isint a good thing....

I actually think that most of you guys would actually have less of a life then some of these "korean gamers" .... They play games while you play a bit and they chill with friends while you chat on forums....

Biske

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lone_Wolf
lets make ourselves feel better by putting down a different culture....
Amen! I have no life! I spend 30 minutes a day sending messages on this forum! OMG! I haven't played any game related to this website in almost a year! WTF! Why am I even here!

Oops, sorry, don't want to get yelled at for...um, what was it last time? Splitting the thread or something?

So, BOT, yeah, I believe FleshRipper has a point, it is a big part of their society over there, hell, they give big cash prizes on tournments that they have every other day. I was incrediably impressed with the Japanese though, Tokyo has an ENTIRE DISTRICT devoted to video games. The District next to it I think is junk food related, coincidence?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
The Eastern markets have excellent exposure. Japan and South Korea have much wider penetration of the market compared with the relative ratio in the USA.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by NeverGoingBack
well deadman, aether, and wizard are all from the u.s., so is rice and many others, not sure if he is american, but he plays on the USEast server.
AHAHAHAHA. HAHAHAHA. ROFL DEADMAN AMERICAN? HOLY SHIT IS THAT FUNNY.

1. He lives in Moscow.
2. He speaks poor English.
3. What possibly made you think he's American?

Aether, RushWizard, Suboshi, and Skyward are probably the best from this side of the world. Of course other top Americans would be Tazz, Newbiee, Qazzi, Perfume, Shortround, Raz, Sabre, Psion, Incinerator, and a few others I'm too lazy to recall.

SoNiC_tHe_IgEl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.kotzwuerg.de.vu
thats why u have so good stats on the us gateway ... cuz their are so many noobs ^^

I am on europe (only server without lag) and have to play against all the progamer so i dont have a chance as middle skilled :/

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by SoNiC_tHe_IgEl
thats why u have so good stats on the us gateway ... cuz their are so many noobs ^^

I am on europe (only server without lag) and have to play against all the progamer so i dont have a chance as middle skilled :/
US gateway isnt filled with n00bs...

It probly lags because you live in Europe, Europe gate ways have european servers.. US gateways have US servers...

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Well, the fact that Koreans are good gamers is a stereo-type, I know plenty of Koreans who don't play video games....much.

-Frank :cool:

SoNiC_tHe_IgEl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.kotzwuerg.de.vu
Originally posted by N_
US gateway isnt filled with n00bs...

It probly lags because you live in Europe, Europe gate ways have european servers.. US gateways have US servers...
i just said it cuz i would play on us too. just to bash the noobs there but its to laggy so have to play against pros :/

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You make it sound like all of Europe is pro, which it damn well isn't. Americans have alot of top contenders, but they don't get a large showing because of the lack of enthusiasm shown about gaming in America. Look at GGL's showing in the WC3L qualifiers, their 2s teams went 5-0 in the matches they played, none of these players are considered "pro" by the Eurpoean gaming standards such as Grubby, Heman, FaTC, etc.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Its a stereotype. There are good gamers around the world.

Although I am going to say this, Canada and America Spawn more noobs than anyhting. why? becuse we dont have the seriousness in video games. there are things called school, and jobs, and work, and war that Americans dream about that keeps them occupied. Games arn't a large part of our lvies. there are the shut ins who are godly (a kid from my school went to a tournament in some country for quake 3 or something)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
Its a stereotype. There are good gamers around the world.

Although I am going to say this, Canada and America Spawn more noobs than anyhting. why? becuse we dont have the seriousness in video games. there are things called school, and jobs, and work, and war that Americans dream about that keeps them occupied. Games arn't a large part of our lvies. there are the shut ins who are godly (a kid from my school went to a tournament in some country for quake 3 or something)
I agree, most of my friens around arent so into gaming, they jsut play it for fun

And Sonic, it lags because you live in Europe, US gateway server is in US, thats why it lags for you -_-