Why halo 2=not worth the money

Nicholas The Slide

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1) i dont want to spend 60$ (over 200 if you buy an x-box to JUST to play halo) for a halo 1 x-pack (and YES 2 is not a sequel..its a big patch, only 2 skins, and oo its on earth!! (big whoop))
2) Its VERY similar to Halo 1...graphics are barely improved, and as mentioned not much new. (oo new weapons!!, after about 1 week the weapons will get old)

Oh and i heard this REAlly funny joke this morinig...HALO 2!!!!

Biske

Reaction score
Yes, I seem to be facing this dilemea. I sold my Xbox about 3 months ago, because I was bored of gaming, but now I'm contemplating buying a new one just for Halo 2. But, I think it might happen. You sound like you're just alittle miffed that you don't have $200 to spend on the Halo 2 experiance, and niether do I. But truth be told, the graphics have been very much improved, as have the over all game play - duel weaponry, online play, almost a dozen new weapons, new vehicles, car jacking, etc. But, there are FPS issues sometimes, including some gliches in graphic popping.

But, this has already been proclaimed the best game of the year, and look at the other things you can do with an Xbox, and the other games coming out for it, including Doom 3, GTA: San Andreas this spring(if you don't own a PS2), and a few more that I can't remember right now.

Point is, Halo 2's biggest improvement is the Online play, buy it for that. So, looks like if I do decide to get it, it'll have to wait for christmas.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I have 3 friends, who have played the game (one skipped school, another left track practise early) and all three of them said the game was complete shit.

reason why Halo 2=not worth the money? its on XBOX

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
not a good answer

it could be better online but some of the sick things are custom skin arrangements/single player is sick/great storeyline/collectors edition has dvd featurettes/you get to see a elite get tortured :)))

IDefy

Reaction score
I waited in line till midnight last night with 2 friends for it. We got back to my friends, played it and wanted to return it. They stole every idea just as they did Halo 1 from Valve. The multiplayer was nothing different, no bots, and the single-player missions dragged on and on with numerous parts seeming pointless. The game got 9.0's and 90%+'s. That's bullshit, huge over-hype and dissapointment, I won't be buying it for PC that's for sure.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
1) i dont want to spend 60$ (over 200 if you buy an x-box to JUST to play halo))
Funny, cuz why would you be stupid enough to buy an xbox just to buy Halo 2? I mean its a ****in awesome game but thats just a waste. Unless you plan on buying other games in the future

(and YES 2 is not a sequel..its a big patch, only 2 skins, and oo its on earth!! (big whoop))
Yes, it is. This is after Halo was destroyed. You have new armor, can contol shadows, spectres, wraiths and the new Warthog LAAV with a cannon on the back.

As for new weapons the br55 Assault Rilfe (replacement to old AR), Magnum <optional dual weild> (replacement to pistol), SMG <optional dual weild>, Covenant Carbine, Particle beam rifle, Brute Shot, Energy sword, and Fuel Rod Gun. Not to mention; the plasma pistol, plasma rifle, and needler are all now dual weild compatible. Don't even get me started with how much you can do in mulitplayer.

2) Its VERY similar to Halo 1...graphics are barely improved, and as mentioned not much new. (oo new weapons!!, after about 1 week the weapons will get old)
Lemme correct that.

2) Its barely similar to Halo 1...graphics are greatly improved, and as mentioned a lot of stuff is new . (oo new weapons!!, after about 1 week the weapons will still be owning ass)
Did i mention there will be missions where you will play as a Elite Arbitur (sp?)

So please, don't speak out of plain ignorance about somthing you know almost nothing about.

And btw, its $50. The special addition of Halo2 doesn't even cost $60. Oh, and what's this a refurbished Xbox for $130 and a brand new one for $150

For those who don't know factory refurbished means there was a malfunction in the factory that is now fixed. If it doesn't work you can send it back and they'll send you a brand new one.

Jessiah

Member!
Reaction score
people have been looking so forward to this game. i unfortunately don't have an xbox, but if i did i know i'd be looking forward to this too just as i was looking forward to San Andreas for the ps2. if this is your type of game then you will have a blast, because from the reviews i have read it's much better than the original halo which i played on the computer. and i must say that was pretty sweet. with FPSs nowadays it's gonna get harder and harder to keep original. i can't say wheater it copied anything but i wouldn't doubt it has copied or has similar stuff. i still want to get my hands on it...

as for buying an xbox to JUST play it....not a f'in chance

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
speedy, when your right your right.

idefy, how does halo2 copy off of half-life? dont give me shit about halo2 copying off of half-life 2 because that game isnt even out yet, so for all you know, valve is copying off of bungie.

oh, and dont forget that bungie has made fps's before and might just be copying storyline and such from marathon.

how so? graphics are barely improved? do you know how bump mapping works?(oh, speedy, have you noticed load times are very short?)

new weapons wear out in about a week...ok? that goes with all fps's, and its not like your going to be playing multiplayer (doi!)

oh, halo2 is on xbox live incase you didnt know it. There will be constantly over 10k people playing halo2 at any given time starting december(just because of holiday season...but i wouldnt doubt seeing it any time soon either) halo doesnt use xbox live OR the massive halo2 stats on bungie.net. Speaking of which, does half life keep tracks of its stats? i dont believe so, and how do clans work in half life? no clue? ok....

and in some places you can get a used xbox for somewhere around $80 and then buy halo2 for $50. halo2 comes with an xbox live starter kit so you can try it out to see if its worth getting. I dont know what you all are bitching about.

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How is h2 copying valve? I don't think half-life is the only fps.

Reasons why halo 2 kicks ass:

1) No more random freezes
2) Greatly improved graphics, esp weapons models.
3) Runs faster (I think its more frames per second?) and smoother
4) Xbox live.
5) sh1tload of new weapons
6) Continues onto the storyline (If you don't get why they are on earth, read the books. Theyre actually great, even if you don't play halo)
7) Sounds are amazing o.o;;
8) New pilotable vehicles, and all old ones are redone (covenant ships have a thruster, for example)
9) The cinematics alone made me cream myself.
10) You get to play as an Elite, too.
11) Longer gameplay (and more difficult...) I beat Halo on legendary, and I've been having trouble on normal and heroic o.o;; From where I am, I estimate a 10 hour campaign gameplay time on easy. Plus Xbox live co-op and deathmatches = pwn.

I own dreamcast, cube, xbox, and ps2, so I'm not biased here. Halo 2 kicks ass.

I just spent four hours on xbox live, playing with freaking chineese people. Normally, I'd be pissed after 10 minutes of "wing ding dong"'s, but h2 kicks too much ass to care.

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
speedy_claxton said:
Funny, cuz why would you be stupid enough to buy an xbox just to buy Halo 2? I mean its a ****in awesome game but thats just a waste. Unless you plan on buying other games in the future

Yes, it is. This is after Halo was destroyed. You have new armor, can contol shadows, spectres, wraiths and the new Warthog LAAV with a cannon on the back.

As for new weapons the br55 Assault Rilfe (replacement to old AR), Magnum <optional dual weild> (replacement to pistol), SMG <optional dual weild>, Covenant Carbine, Particle beam rifle, Brute Shot, Energy sword, and Fuel Rod Gun. Not to mention; the plasma pistol, plasma rifle, and needler are all now dual weild compatible. Don't even get me started with how much you can do in mulitplayer.

Lemme correct that.

Did i mention there will be missions where you will play as a Elite Arbitur (sp?)

So please, don't speak out of plain ignorance about somthing you know almost nothing about.

And btw, its $50. The special addition of Halo2 doesn't even cost $60. Oh, and what's this a refurbished Xbox for $130 and a brand new one for $150

For those who don't know factory refurbished means there was a malfunction in the factory that is now fixed. If it doesn't work you can send it back and they'll send you a brand new one.

i could NOT have said it better. How sweet is it to go invisible, leap across a room, and slice the enemy out, literally handing him his guts to him

shit man, its such a fun game, especially since the ships have thrusters and theres the new vehicles. so fun!

Vic

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
halo 2 rules but only thing i dont like is

single player levels in halo 1 the levels are more memorable then n halo 2

i cant remeber the level names cause i havent played halo 1 in a year or so but this one level had to be the thierd or forth your on a island like a ring its just all beach that was fun to mess aound in but in halo 2 you dont have any levels like that although single player does rule and all but i just am not all that happy wit the levels id love to play through halo 1 with all the halo 2 upgrades though

DarkGhost368

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.xboxarena.cjb.net
halo 2 is a great game however I am disapointed because only 2 of the levels were actually fought on earth... Another Disapointement is there is only 14 missions swiching from the Spartan and this Elite called an Arbitor. There is much more story involved in this one then the first. However when they made halo the most likly had had XBOX Live more thought
I havent played xbox live but I have played split screen the split screen is pretty fun and that means online will be extreamly fun. Also I think Bungie went extreamly out of there way to make The Online Expereience the best they possibly and they should be credited for it.

Plus I heard from people that Bungie will host your own forums if you own a clan. I think that would be cool. Also some other rumors I heared were that Halo 2 & 3 were being worked on at the same time.

Halo 2 Is Extreamly different from Halo 1 and that makes it hard to adjust. For Example, In halo 1 when you entered a vehical you would just have to tap the X button but now you must hold it down. The Hijacking techtice is very fun but there is a slight drawback of it being able to only highjack when they are going at a slower speed. (even though crushing the hatch of a Wratih and throwing a gernade is is quite fun) Things Like this make the Game more difficult however it is still fun.

Overall I believe Halo 2 is a great game and should be valualed for is Strenghts such as its multiplayer feature, nevertheless I look foward to Halo 3.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
DarkGhost368 said:
halo 2 is a great game however I am disapointed because

Halo 2 Is Extreamly different from Halo 1

thats all im getting from you :-/

halo 2 isnt halo 1...so why should you think of it that way? I mean, there are similarities but you shouldnt worry that it wasnt all on earth. In fact, i thought it was better because of the way they took the game instead of saying, "fight on earth, good luck" otherwise it would be totally ghey. im so glad they shifted to another halo and did such and such there instead of all on earth. VERY enjoyable

shimshimheyxD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
omg.. i cant beleive such geeks and idiots at my school..theres this kid who has no life and beat the game in to days.. he never goes outside(thats why hes very pale) omg.. hes weird!

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i beat it this morning :-/ but then again i played coop and normal

Biske

Reaction score
PIsYcoWaLNut said:
he never goes outside(thats why hes very pale) omg.. hes weird!
Hey! I resent/resemble that remark! Though it is not from playing games....my skin has a natural resistance to tanning in the sun...well, atleast I got a scientifically accurate excuse! :p

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
People who have beaten Halo on Legendary or have played 16-player free-for-alls or have read Fall of Reach and First Strike are going to like Halo 2. People who don't like Halo or who don't like first person shooters or who get raped in multiplayer and blame it on the game are going to hate Halo 2. These are the facts of life.

By the way, some of you might have noticed I haven't been posting much in the past few days... well, give me a couple more days. Legendary is really hard.