Why does everyone say that war3 sucks?

ConfedMonkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i just bought RoC and TFT a few months ago(a reciept i'll never lose) So i'm relatively new, but i learn fast. The reason i say this is that a lot of people dislike Warcraft 3. I have been playing it, and it seems awesome. i personally like that Ancient Protector of the the night elves, it comes out of the ground. And i think that is just cool. But that is just one thing from one race. And i think War3 is a great game. I think the reason people dislike the controls, or the view, is becasue they are expecting a RTS, but War3 is not an rts, it is a mixture of rts and rpg. A completely different genre.

Thank you for reading, although i doubt many will:)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I love War3x. War3 is ok...but with TFT the game becomes more complete. TFT makes War3 much more like an RTS even though like you said it should be put in its own genre. A lot of people dislike it because it is radically different. Too different for some people who just hate losing. It is not like an RTS because you don't have tank rushes or carrier massing. It is so much different than any other RTS game and it has much to offer.

ConfedMonkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yea, people expected a 3d rts, and when they got an awesome all around game, they were so surprised that they started disliking it.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
The Frozen Throne was just another way for Blizzard to get tons of $. Why the f**k they released TFT as soon as ROC came out.
They could've made 1 complete game. Warcraft III, not ROC, TFT or anything. Expansion only adds few units, tileset, abilities...etc. and it f**king expensive. TFT should be at most $20.00

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by a@...
The Frozen Throne was just another way for Blizzard to get tons of $. Why the f**k they released TFT as soon as ROC came out.
They could've made 1 complete game. Warcraft III, not ROC, TFT or anything. Expansion only adds few units, tileset, abilities...etc. and it f**king expensive. TFT should be at most $20.00
A few additions? lets see, 2 new units for each race, improving the game in areas ROC lacked and just can't make up (Like undead horrible ability at anticasters.) one new for each specific race, and 5 mercinarys, making 9 new heros to choose from. new specific upgrades for existing upgrades (berzerkers) new items and player built and controled shops.

Pretty cool maps, and tournaments. trust me, you'll probably not like it, but you get used to it. After you warm up to the changes, you cant stop playing. go out and get it now.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by a@...
I think when a game has been out in stores for about a year and a half, it is time to put a new expansion in. I have to admit that ROC was unpolished, but TFT makes up for all the balance issues and truly makes it a great game. Better than all that have been made in the past (glares at tainted starcraft), and for a long time to come.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
So basically we spent about $35.00~70.00 (War3 ROC, depends on store, where you live, or special hoilday sales/discount) just to play The Frozen Throne?
Reign of Chaos was for just to make money?
That's stupid. Even though i like Blizzard and Starcraft, Blizzard really should get their f**king act together.

AND PLEASE TELL ME, HOW MUCH $ DOES WAR3: TFT COST?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
TFT and ROC Are to completely ****ing different games. if u actualy played them and didn'y just start accusing blizzard of wanting money, you would realize tft is an entirely different game. big deal, when broodwars came out it was the same ****ing deal, but you don't complain about it now cause it is old now.

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
You can't play The Frozen Throne without Reign of Chaos.
That's what i'm saying.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
your point? not like you need TFT. you could simply stick to ROC. omg omg so hard to do right?

TFT is only 25$ Canadian. CANADIAN? You realize how much that is in american? jesus, where do you get your games from?

a@...

Member!
Reaction score
Let's over this arguement

-I got my games from USA

-No, it's not hard to stick to ROC. I don't even play warcraft.

ConfedMonkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
you don't play Warcraft, then whats up with your avy?

Oh and, i spent 70 dollars on roc and tft, i haven't really palyed them much lately, but i do not regret buying it. Stop avting like its the last 70 dollars you'll ever have, unless your really poor, but if you were really poor, you shouldn't be paying for internet, and should spend it on food, since you need THAT not warcraft to live. :p

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
the ft was maybe so expensive because of all the movies they done for the campaigns and all the 3 new campaings and all the new units and bla bla. i didn't mind paying that much for the expansion coz i don't buy every day a game.

i still like roc(vanilla) better than ft. things are a lot easier and because i played that for so long( nearly 1 year) i know my way around and what to do in all situation. with FT i had a fair bit of troubles to adjust and addapt to all new armour setting and what that new unit does and how to use it and all the new strategies all over again.

I think vannila is better for many reasons than exasion but i have to admit i enjoy playing AT with my friends and play custom games like enfo TS ( man that game is addictive).

I dunno who says wc is no good coz i got plenty of friends that are totally obsessed about it.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Well, don't know bout you all, but I bought RoC aprox 7 monhts after it came out, off of a internet re-seller site for $25(brand new) while it was still for sale everywhere else for $50. TFT I got for $30 new, so I don't know where you guys got yours, but the lesson learned here is, shop around!

yes I got my stuff from USA too.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by VBadGirl
I dunno who says wc is no good coz i got plenty of friends that are totally obsessed about it.
A ton of people thought it was a horrible game because of heros. They didn't take the time to learn it and so now they hate it. It isn't like any other game. It is more challenging and requires a lot more skill.

I hate to admit it but at first I thought heros were dumb too. But eventually they started to become my lifeline in ROC. I knew it would be a good game so I kept playing even if I lost quite a bit. If blizzard makes a game, I know it is probably worth at least giving a try.

ConfedMonkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yea, about heros, when i first heard of that i was like, "wow, finally a new idea" but i wasn't sure how they would fit it in with multi player, and apparently heros can get too strong and can take out s big base. What do you think about heros being too strong, over time?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by ConfedMonkey
Yea, about heros, when i first heard of that i was like, "wow, finally a new idea" but i wasn't sure how they would fit it in with multi player, and apparently heros can get too strong and can take out s big base. What do you think about heros being too strong, over time?
Well it really sucks when heros get too powerful, once that happens the game is pretty much set. That is one thing I don't like about the whole hero thing. If the other person has better heros, he will own you (unless he sucks). I wish there is a way to stop a person with high level heros...but there isn't.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by ConfedMonkey
Maybe a limit?
Well they already did limit creeping to level 5. I thought that was a good move, since it actually forced players to actually fight the other player. I am not sure if there is a way to fix the high level hero thing, the only thing you can do is get higher leveled heros faster than the other guy. ;)

Swordancer

Member!
Reaction score
i think the fact that wc3 has been so timeless for many people is the fact that there are 4 completely unique races but are for the most part balanced (maybe 1 unit per race needs a slight fix but its balanced pretty much)

wheras like c&c and sc and esp wc2 were relatively the same thing in a diff look. sc was close to being different