Why does everyone say that war3 sucks?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Why people hate it? I don't know, maybe they haven't even tried it yet.

One of WC's high points was the fact is was a 3D game, but it doesn't compare to say, UT2K3's graphics. Amazing how graphically-oriented people are nowadays.

I love(d) WC and will continue to do so. If you like the game, don't blame you, but ignore those retards and play yourself.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
u considered heros dumb?...lol i think it's the best pat of wc and i really enjoyed playing with heros through the campaign...i dunno why i like thrall and illidan more than others.

It's like u go to a restaurant and some1 offers u caviar (for example) and u say it's horible when u didn't even taste it. how can u say u like something u don't even give a try. now that's dumb.

anyway i loved it from the first time i played with arthas and i remeber it took me about 1 hour to finish the first mission in the human campaigns...lol.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by VBadGirl
u considered heros dumb?...lol i think it's the best pat of wc and i really enjoyed playing with heros through the campaign...i dunno why i like thrall and illidan more than others.

It's like u go to a restaurant and some1 offers u caviar (for example) and u say it's horible when u didn't even taste it. how can u say u like something u don't even give a try. now that's dumb.

anyway i loved it from the first time i played with arthas and i remeber it took me about 1 hour to finish the first mission in the human campaigns...lol.
Sadly I admit to it, yes I used to think heros were dumb. But what you have to remember is that I came from the world of C&C. I wasn't used to heros or any of that. What is new scares people and unless they try it they will continue to avoid it.

A lot of people didn't like the game (mainly the C&C players) since it isn't a conventional tank rush game. Warcraft 3 was the first warcraft game I played, and I was impressed.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Warcraft 3 is a huge difference from any game i have ever played. I never thought heros were dumb, just overpowered. Boy was i wrong. Heros make warcraft 3 what it is.

although i was kinda concerned abouit the 3-d thing, but that turned out great also.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
Warcraft 3 is a huge difference from any game i have ever played. I never thought heros were dumb, just overpowered. Boy was i wrong. Heros make warcraft 3 what it is.

although i was kinda concerned abouit the 3-d thing, but that turned out great also.
Actually pan, I think that is kinda how I felt too. I don't remember too well since it was a while ago, but I do remember not liking how they were so important. They are overpowered when they get to a high level, I don't know if there is any way to fix it either.

PostmaNPhaT

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No idea. WC3 is my first RTS, and I DID play some Starcraft during RoC and although it is definately a great game, WC3 is just better in most ways in my opinion, especially after TFT.

Oh well, to each their own.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
u know what i was surpised after i finished the campaigns i went eventually online ans start playing ladder...i was absolutelu amaized how fast my heros gain lvls...lololol. I was used with the lvl cap in the campaign.

C&C is command and conquer as i asume..well how very creative massing tanks...lol...u can mass thanks in wc also but u can mass other units to win not just..tanks.

heros are not overpowered maybe they were at first but now they are balanced..if before u could win with minimum units and high lvl of heros now is not possible anymore..and in a way is a lot better.

ConfedMonkey

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How about anothere question:

Why do most people hate/dislike TFT?

Is it because, they changed a lot, and made people have to rework their technique?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by ConfedMonkey
How about anothere question:

Why do most people hate/dislike TFT?

Is it because, they changed a lot, and made people have to rework their technique?
Exactly, what is new people are afraid of. For TFT you have to rework your whole strategy again because it is a completely new game now.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, i definately hate TFT for making me collect 210 ****ing wood. those bastards, war3TFT tier 1 craft my ass.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
Oh yes, i definately hate TFT for making me collect 210 ****ing wood. those bastards, war3TFT tier 1 craft my ass.
That is annoying...:(

I think it is for the better though, since all people did before is just tech up really quick. Blizzard is trying to eliminate the tendancy to tech.

VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
lolol pan havin 7 ghouls on wood im sure 210 wood it wouln't be hard to get. just less than 2 trips for each ghoul :p..stop complaining before i start about the crappy wips that do only 5 wood ><!.

D.F.I.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by ConfedMonkey
Yea, about heros, when i first heard of that i was like, "wow, finally a new idea" but i wasn't sure how they would fit it in with multi player, and apparently heros can get too strong and can take out s big base. What do you think about heros being too strong, over time?
Technically, any hero can beat a Lv 10 hero. Just need good micro....and at least a Lv 6 hero. And good items. Yeah.....that's what you need. And over time, the other guy's heros would be stronger over time......if he has same amount of skill. And is the other guy has only ONE (!!!friend had ONE!!!SHOCKING!!!!) Lv10 hero, and you have 2 Lv6, you've won.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by D.F.I.
Technically, any hero can beat a Lv 10 hero. Just need good micro....and at least a Lv 6 hero. And good items. Yeah.....that's what you need. And over time, the other guy's heros would be stronger over time......if he has same amount of skill. And is the other guy has only ONE (!!!friend had ONE!!!SHOCKING!!!!) Lv10 hero, and you have 2 Lv6, you've won.
One hero is really bad, if you don't get at least 2 heros you will lose...

eSc0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i was turned off by the hero thing at first (plus my other computer couldnt handle running the game smoothly either) but when i started playing again (when i got my new computer) i thought it was a very good game and warcraft 3 then went into a somewhat different type of genre for me.
i dont really like rpg that much but war3 doesnt have enough to really bother me anymore.
but i still like starcraft better because i like the whole futuristic thing more than magic.

ClanGoH

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's hard to believe someone could say War3 sucks. If you don't like the real game, so what, lots of people don't. That's what custom games are for... they're great and there's tons of them so you would never run out of anything to do!