Why do so many people like the zerg

Status
Not open for further replies.

exobyte

Member!
Reaction score
I like Zerg the most because they were the simplest race for me to pick up my first time playing the StarCraft campaign. One root building does most of the work, every other thing is tech, defense or a nydus canal.

Plus, big armies.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Prox said:
um.....so, a Marine owns a Zealot?...ya....better check that, Bahamut.
there's micro arena game where you have to kill a lurker with one marine.

Hacking_Beast

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizarddragon.tk
N_Edd said:
there's micro arena game where you have to kill a lurker with one marine.
Taking out a lurk with a rine is easy...

Brandon

Member!
Reaction score
Protoss acculy if the fastest production, because 1 lil guy can make like 49082309482 building with out stayign at them, btu i like Terren the most.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hacking_Beast said:
its hard when lurks stay burrowed.

and I never said its hard, god, stop making shits up.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Jiggy said:
I love it when a huge horde of zerglings come ruching at you and youve got alot of siege tanks... RARWARWRWRAR bye bye zergling masses...
Rofl, Zerglings are one of the basic anti-siege tanks. Your tanks will probably fire into and kill half of about the first 6 Zerglings, because theyll almost all fire at the same ones, and any smart Zerg player will send no less than 2 groups, so youll kill like 6 Zerglings, then the rest will be on your minimum range tanks before you can even fire again.

Hacking_Beast said:
Actually, to anyone with a brain, it's impossible. It only takes 2 hits with the lurker to kill the marine, idiot.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
It's actually easy, sak. You can avoid the lurkers shots. With the marine. And you just get out of range. Then the lurker unborrows, you go with the rine. It borrows, you run away again avoiding it. It is actually quite easy.

Sakuhta

Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
It's actually easy, sak. You can avoid the lurkers shots. With the marine. And you just get out of range. Then the lurker unborrows, you go with the rine. It borrows, you run away again avoiding it. It is actually quite easy.
It's actually impossible. The lurker has longer range than the marine, so when the marine attacks he just doesnt unburrow. And if the marine tries again he just dies.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
As I said, you can avoid the lurker shots. If you walk more or less diagonally, and keep moving direction.

MyLastSCV

Reaction score
Sakuhta said:
It's actually impossible. The lurker has longer range than the marine, so when the marine attacks he just doesnt unburrow. And if the marine tries again he just dies.
Its impossible with a Marine with no Range upgrade, but If you get the marine Range upgrade it's possible, but being able to do it depends on how well you can time when you attack and run away.

SmN-Bahamut

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Prox said:
And splash damage, well, that says it all right there....poor lings...
maybe so, but their rate of fire is slow, so just send in a few lings to make them fire, then send in the rest, and buh-bye tanks, cause they won't be able to get another shot off before the lings get inside their range

Hacking_Beast

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizarddragon.tk
N_Edd said:
its hard when lurks stay burrowed.
Really? DUH!!! :grunt

N_Edd said:
and I never said its hard, god, stop making shits up.
You said it right up there :D

Wild.chilD

Member!
Reaction score
re: such and such

A quick rundown on the races.

Zerg:
Advantages: Low Costs, floating supplies, this guy :grunt , easy to mass units, life recharges, fast units, easy to rush with, capable of having 400 units.
Disadvantages: You lose a builder/miner every time you build something, the first ranged/air attacker doesnt do full damage to organic units.

Protoss:
Advantages: Strong units, the energy shield,carriers take, this guy --> :halo , care of comps np, arbiters and dark templars, mind control, capable of 800 units (400 zerg, 400 terran and toss combined).
Disadvantages: all units but 1 take up more than one psi, difficult to rush other races before they rush you, high costs, slow units, this guy --> :yum

Terran:
Advantages: balanced costs and strength, The first attacker unit is usefull throughout the game, medics ;) , spider mines, nukes, Emp shockwave and irriadate and d matrix, this guy --> :shoot .
Disadvantages: this guy --> :wasted , more suseptable to being overpowerered, they dont have the strength to counter the numberes or the numbers to counter the strength ( especially in beginning of game ), "he's dead, jim", the wraith pilot, immovable heavy attacker ( when in siege mode ), that feeling when you needed 1 more second to drop the nuke but u got killed.

Anyways, the zerg are techinichally and on paper the best race. Theya re great for noobs and experts. however the race doesnt matter its how it is used. That makes the rundown, a complete waste of time. F*ck.

Hacking_Beast

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizarddragon.tk
Wild.chilD said:
A quick rundown on the races.

Zerg:
Advantages: Low Costs, floating supplies, this guy :grunt , easy to mass units, life recharges, fast units, easy to rush with, capable of having 400 units.
Disadvantages: You lose a builder/miner every time you build something, the first ranged/air attacker doesnt do full damage to organic units.
I hope you had fun writing this but, what do you mean by: the first ranged/air attacker doesnt do full damage to organic units? Hydralisk = Explosion attack. Organic units can be large armored so Hydralisk = Full damage to Large armored.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
TrongaMonga said:
No it isn't.
First, you need stim and range( and even then lurks outrange marines.)
Then you need medics since your rines will, infact, die without them.

If you think you can scan, stim, a-click the lurker, then stim run away to dodge the lurker spine really quickly(and EASILY)then by all means, post a replay.

Don't get me wrong. I have heard it was done before, but neither of us are anywhere NEAR his level of play or creativity.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, all right, after trying it, I admit it to be not so easy. It is easy in theory, but in the game it isn't as easy. And, then again, not even pratical in a normal game ;)

I'll leave the map I made if someone wants to try and post the replay :D

Biske

Reaction score
Is it just me, or have we kinda gotten off track?

Hacking_Beast

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.blizarddragon.tk
That's the goal of forums ;)

SmN-Bahamut

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
is it true? is that REALLY the goal?

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, more or less, yes. It's not even off topic, we were discussing part of the topic, the lurker. He's a zerg unit ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.