What is your Favorite Dreamcast Game?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I have to ask this. Mine is PSO, but there’s another title that I'm missing, and I really can't place my finger on it....

Wait!

Marvel Vs Capcom 1 & 2 both rocked Dreamcasters for days on end. I used to be really good at those fighting games, despite their fast-paced moves and combos. (I'm not used to that stuff!) But I still managed. PSO Was just my RPG-filled part for Dreamcast, and everything else went MVC2.

However, one game conquers all these hands down for me: Record of Lodoss War. That game would take up all my time between PSO for RPG Wise, as it was highly addicting and very awesome with anime style CG's and the like. The way it was displayed was sort of a crooked overview mode, and you were naked at first but gained armor and weapons as you went along. Did quests. God it was so fun! :)

RoaCh of DisCord

Premium Member
Reaction score
[rain]I never got to really play with the Dreamcast much ;(.

However, I do remember trying it out..and I believe the game was 'Crazy Taxi 2'. The console itself looked nice..can't really remember of the controllers..

..but yeah, the graphics looked pretty nice...but I only played a few games on it.[/rain]

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I consider Dreamcast to be the best system there is still, even compared to the upcoming mini-computers being developed for the next generation of 'consoles'. The only reason PS2 is better isn't because of the system, but because of the games. The incredible lineup of PS2 games is just something the Dreamcast's limited line of games isn't up to par with quantity wise, but can easily blow away quality wise.

As for some of the best games I ever played on Dreamcast, there is, of course, Sonic Adventure 1. The second one I didn't consider to be as good as the first, although it was really good. Then there was Shenmue, Power Stone, and Soul Calibur. These games all demonstrated the sheer brilliance of the system, and of Sega as game developers.

Honestly, if you ever find a Dreamcast for sale, I recommend picking it up, because it's a console that won't let you down.

Zerglite

Reaction score
nights into dreams...

very trippy game..

either that or Panzer Dragoon

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Shenmue. great story and characters. i think it's available on the xbox now. Also power stone, the 4 player versus mode rocked :p

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia for me. Tough choice.

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Good god! Not enough people here liked Powerstone!

I -loved- that game, the first was a superb one on one 3d fighting game. The second took it a step farther into a four person 3d fighting jam, a loverly item creation system, with plenty of unlockable characters and items, it never got old.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
B)ushid(o said:
Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia for me. Tough choice.

Amen to that lol add in Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Capcom vs SNK those two games were great too... and well if you like fighting games look into Virtual on:Omega Tengram it is really good to play with a friend

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
OpIuM of MaGGoTs said:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Nba2k2
I fixed it for you. 2k2 > 2k1.

IceDevil9

Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
PowerStone or Sonic Adventure 1. Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was also an amazing title.

-Frank :cool:

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i was never a large fan of the dreamcast...like xbox...its controler scared me off from the beginning, thign is, xbox turned out to be comfortible and have great graphix, i just dispised about 90% of the dreamcast =/

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
It was Choa. The little collectable dudes on Sonic adventure 1. You basically raised em and shit. Dunno why though, never got around to that part.