What is better, battlecrusiors or carriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
BC's own carriers. their faster, can live longer than carriers and more powerful. if the player isn't stupid enough they will attack the carriers , not the interceptors. plus BC's have Yamato cannon.

Miss

Member!
Reaction score
Dam I'm going BC because i just think terran is cool lol

Skyhr

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by ReiGn
BC's own carriers. their faster, can live longer than carriers and more powerful. if the player isn't stupid enough they will attack the carriers , not the interceptors. plus BC's have Yamato cannon.
I don't think BCs are really faster... even if they were, suppose one attacks a carr, it would stop for a sec, during which the carrier would stay out of the BC's range so that the interceptors can attack while the BC cannot. Attacking interceptors then would make the protoss player replace them or fully repair them by stopping for a while (maybe an opportunity for BC to attack, but carriers would still win in the end)...

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
this thread should be closed. all it is are pointless posts saying that one unit is better than the other even though they are pretty balanced.

eh?

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
More of your theorycraft huh, Renzo? It's easier to replace interceptors than to replace BCs. If your using BCs as part of your regular anti-carrier strategy and winning, then you need to find more competent opponents. Your BCs will die trying to kill interceptors.

Cangiz

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
[Glow=Teal] If a Batllecruiser has 3 armor +2 Upgraded a carriers interceptors only do 1 damage which would mean from each interceptor they would have to attack the bc 62.5 times ,but if the bcs armor was not upgrade each interceptor wouldhave to attack it 20.833333333...... times, so the conclusion is it depends how each player has upgraded his/her carrier/Bc in a way in whinch it would defeat the enemy BC or Carrier [/Glow]

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Assuming both are fully upgraded, again, carriers would own BCs if BCs can't attack the actual carrier(due to micro). There's no way the BCs can shoot the interceptors fast enough before getting themselves killed, big time. Really, this has to be the only board that thinks BCs beat carriers. The rest of the sc community most definitely say otherwise.

Cangiz

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phoenix2003
Assuming both are fully upgraded, again, [blue=glow]carriers would own BCs[/glow] if BCs can't attack the actual carrier(due to micro). There's no way the BCs can shoot the interceptors fast enough before getting themselves killed, big time. Really, this has to be the only board that thinks BCs beat carriers. The rest of the sc community most definitely say otherwise.
[Glow=red]I agree Matriach Bc's would be owned by Carries if they were bothe fully upgraded[/Glow]

Cangiz

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cangiz
[Glow=Teal] If a Batllecruiser has 3 armor +2 Upgraded a carriers interceptors only do 1 damage which would mean from each interceptor they would have to attack the bc 62.5 times ,but if the bcs armor was not upgrade each interceptor wouldhave to attack it 20.833333333...... times, so the conclusion is it depends how each player has upgraded his/her carrier/Bc in a way in whinch it would defeat the enemy BC or Carrier [/Glow]

Tiger_shark

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol..itz all about the micro...itz how good u can use those units to their full potential

Both can win

If carrier uses hit and run...bc can retreat and be repaired with scv

If bc uses yamato gun well and focus fire on the carriers, then carrier doesn't stand a chance. If carriers retreat when this happens, retreat and repair!!

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well carrs can't really repair but they could get their shields back up which would be good. or better yet mc a bc :D

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
Mmm... its all about the mirco. Direct your bc's fire at one carrier at a time. And what kind of noob goes straight carriers/bc's.

BTW, i played this one game where a protoss player went all carriers. I was zerg, my ally was terran. I plagued him, he EMPed him. Ownage. BTW, its way easier to kill carriers with scouges if you have a distraction. BC's kill scourges with one hit, (assuming they're upgraded)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well yeah bcs could kill some of them but if they come ina very big group scorges alone could hit their mark. a bc fires 1 shot ever like what 1.5 seconds so 2 scourges ever 3 seconds. if there are lets say 6 of them they could kill a bc. interceptors could attack scornges whle the carr starts to run. but evne they can't outrun them so unless the scorges was never commanded to attack the carrier personaly they might try to attack the interceptors and get killed since they are faster

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
More of your theorycraft huh, Renzo?
Whatever works...

It's easier to replace interceptors than to replace BCs.
Well, duh. But in the heat of battle, (Lets say, 6 BCs VS 6 Carriers) it takes BCs three shots to kill one Interceptor. So thats alot of dead Interceptors fast. (Usually the strategy of killing Interceptors should be tackled when you have about 8-12 BCs)
And even if you didn't want to attack the Interceptors, the only micro needed to attack Carriers is an easy right-click.
It takes 17 hits to kill a Carrier from a BC (Lets assume all upgs), and with 6 BCs it would take about 5 or 6 seconds to destroy one BC.
And with 6 Carriers, it would take 28 shots from each Carrier to kill one BC. And that takes about 10-15 seconds.
So, you could kill at least two Carriers in a 6v6 battle before even one BC is dead. And if it's 6v4 or 5v4, it's all downhill from there, BCs win that match.
And since both units are mega slow, it'd be too hard to just micro yourself around.

If your using BCs as part of your regular anti-carrier strategy and winning, then you need to find more competent opponents. Your BCs will die trying to kill interceptors.
I dont use BCs against Carriers. Hell, i dont even use Terran, i use Protoss. And to combat Carriers then, i use a mixture of Dragoons + Scouts + PSI-Storm.

Assuming both are fully upgraded, again, carriers would own BCs if BCs can't attack the actual carrier(due to micro).
And why can't they? We ARE talking about B.Net gamers, not the computer...

There's no way the BCs can shoot the interceptors fast enough before getting themselves killed, big time.
Again, three shots and an Interceptor is down. One BC could kill about 5 before it dies (Against 6 or so Carriers).

Really, this has to be the only board that thinks BCs beat carriers.
This is obviously the only good SC Forum on the net then.

The rest of the sc community most definitely say otherwise.
You assume too much.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Renzo, go to Battle.net and say BCs beat carriers. It will be entertaining to see another dumbass like you getting flamed for being so stupid. Go ahead. This is the ONLY board that thinks BCs beat carriers. BTW, The Battle.net board isn't the only one that agrees with me. While your at it say that BCs can shoot down interceptors before they get killed. I'm sure you'll definitely get flamed off the board. Oh and this applies to human players jacka$$.

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
Damn Phoenix, shut your ****in mouth up. He supported his opinion with valid facts. I only see you calling ppl dumbasses or sumthing of the sort.

Edit: OK, i did a test.

1.) One BC killed one carrier.

2.) 3 BC'S killed 3 carriers

12 b/c's killed 12 carriers with 3 bc's left over. All upgrades were upped by three. BTW, all the interceptors were killed once the bc's killed 5 carriers and i let them attack on their own.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maybe you need to shut the **** up. I supported my statements with solid facts and I was ignored. Again, shut the **** up. This is between me and that dumbass. Everyone who said, carriers beat BCs either provided a replay or logically explained why that is the case. Everyone who said BCs beat carriers gave bullshit, like you.

chocolate

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by fritfrat
it doesn't say who would win, it said who was better! my god. it is BALANCED!! did anyone ever think of that? ... because I think ur arguments are stupid
Umm...yes, what he said. you guys arguments are dumb and NOT supported with facts (unless you play fastest possible, but thats dumb right?) BC's are good, but not very good, just like Carriers. However, Carriers will beat BCs when microed, for those who don't believe this, then you have not played SC long enough. LIke fritfrat said, the game is balanced, who ever has more micro in a 'evenly' match will win. with out micro, Carriers usually win, because BCs spend all their time attacking about 130 interceptors with their slow attack rate. and it takes 4 hits to kill one, while it takes seconds to replace it. I'm not saying Carriers are better, because they're not. BCs are good against zerg, while carriers are not, because they can't attack mass units fast enough to kill them. If you see a Player going Carrier against zerg, then he's an idiot. well..thats it, my second post on battleforms.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.