What is better, battlecrusiors or carriers?

Discussion in 'StarCraft Strategy Guides' started by iamshort, Aug 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phoenix2003

Phoenix2003 BattleForums Senior Member

Antioch, Aiur
    BCs are no better against zerg than carriers. As a matter of fact, BCs are worse.

2. chocolate

chocolate Member!

Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere
    Thats true if the Zerg player has climbed the tech tree fully. deflier is anti-air and if Zerg were to get those, then Air can't win. But the reason BCs are better against zerg is because they don't die by the scourges so easily. 1 Carrier will fall to at most 5 scourges. Lets say zerg does not have deflier, then BCs usually beat zerg, no matter what. If thats not true...then....I need to play SC more. :eek:

3. K0r34n Jja Shik

K0r34n Jja Shik Member!

South San Francisco, Californi
    A hit from a bc kills a scourge. So scourges are not good against bc's. Carriers on the other hand fall easily to scourges. BTW, phoenix, why the hell are you so angry over some game. Shit, do you have a life? I'm just mad at you for being rude.

How unfortunate, this is my 200th post.

4. Renzokuken

Renzokuken Saved

Zanarkand
    That board sucks ass. It's full of people like you who see everything black & white and dont look for the other side of the case. You just flame people for not thinking like you...

That's because you are wrong!

The only dumbass here is the one who has to swear & flame to get his point across...

I dont see any replays supporting the Carrier case. And i logically explained the BC case with facts, yet you still seem to ignore it.

Your ignorance infuriates me...

The Carrier/BC vs Zerg debate is settled with one word...Scourges, even with micro, Carriers fall easily to Scourges, while BCs take one shot & bam, they are down.
    All players get Scourges when Carriers come, they have to look for other strategies when BCs do, because they are slightly harder to counter.

5. chocolate

chocolate Member!

umm...that was my point. What you people have not noticed is this is just a simple rock paper scissors game.
    Carriers>Battlecruisers(usually, when it's 'fair' and has 8 interceptors)>Scourge>Carriers...and on
    There is no better Unit, if you don't agree, your wrong.

I believe there was a replay somewhere in the front, but I never looked at it. So it might be fake.

6. Rayman452

Rayman452 Member!

carriers obvisouly will win...ive tried it on b net all the time....with 2 carriers i can kill 3 battle crusiers(its true). It all depends if ur a noob or not...and remember, carrier is protoss=dark archon=feed back+damage from carrier=u do the math...oops, not part of topic but anyways, CARRIERS OWN

Battle Crusier:tnt :shoot Carrier

7. chocolate

chocolate Member!

feed back on a bc? never thought of that...but if you had a darkarchon, they i'm pretty sure the terran player would have a science vessel....which leads to zero shields. and d matrix on Bcs....which leades to death on carriers and darkarchons.
    this thread is useless...

8. betaalpha5

betaalpha5 BattleForums Senior Member

feedback is greast vs terren and toss. since terren bc would lose so much health and cant us no gun
    toss for ht for they cant storm and heath gets even lower

feddback on zerg isn't that effective since defilers and queens can regenerate the health and defilers can consume to get more energy

9. Phoenix2003

Antioch, Aiur
    Renzo, well, your stupidity infuriates me. Your problem(and everyone else on this this board) is that you listen to reason and wonder why you get flamed. You believe whatever you want even though it isn't true. Whenever I visit battle.net I read things I didn't agree with at first ,but the members reason with what say and it make sense. You have yet post anything but bullsh*t. That's the m o with everyone who said BCs beat carriers with no regard to reason or logic. I have no problem with saying that capitals(carriers or BCs) against zerg is a terrible idea, but whatever YOU don't agree with you post BS and think that everyone is suppose to agree with you. Battle.net is definitely on the level with this particular subject, battleforums isn't.

10. chocolate

chocolate Member!

has no one listened to me, fritfrat, or Rayman452 ????!?!?!?
    I guess not, this thread will soon be closed because of flaming and stuff.:madatu

11. betaalpha5

well at least we can all let our steam out for once. what other nice way to blow off some steam at some1 without worring that they could come over and beat u up in person

12. HydraGyro

HydraGyro Member!

MWAAHAHAHHAHAHAhAHAHAH well if this is being closed THEN LET US SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!! j/k

omfg som1 close this stupid topic its becoming ****in dumb

and btw i think u ppl are hyper idiot retarded n00b fags...... j/k again :lucifer

13. K0r34n Jja Shik

K0r34n Jja Shik Member!

South San Francisco, Californi
    HAHA, YOUR GAY not jk.

Again, 1 bc kills 1 carrier. 12 bc's kill 12 carriers.

About the micro, if the carriers get out of reach, then retreat the bc's and wait for carriers to come back. Duh.

14. betaalpha5

wow i don't think anyone thought of that every1 is thinking that chasing them and try to kill them. butthe way i see it is use the comsat to find where the carrier is going then move the bc to intercept the thing from the side or something. like many ppl say the shortest path is a straight line.

15. princezyph

princezyph Member!

Carriers are only good when they attack the enemy's base, but not when it comes to fighting a group of units.

EX: Carriers vs Photon Cannons
    You can't tell a photon cannon what to attack.. It's auto.. So the Photon Cannon will aim for the interceptors because it cant reach the Carrier.

EX2: Carriers vs BC
    Most player knows that they should aim for one unit then the next. So they'll aim for one carrier at a time.

Carriers and Battle Cruiser both have their advantages.. Blizzard makes each race evened out so that each race has their advantages..

16. Phoenix2003

Antioch, Aiur
    What would retreating your BCs do you? Do BCs have auto-repair or something? As if non-newbies would fall for such a cheap ploy they would have used on you.

You're an a$$hole, and I'm not kidding. More of your BS.

17. Renzokuken

Renzokuken Saved

Zanarkand
    Phoenix, i will warn you now. Quit insulting members over their opinions on strategies. This is your last warning.

And if you did retreat BCs, you would always have some SCVs handy to repair. Duh. It's a pity that Carriers can only repair up to 150 shields. Poor them :(

18. FakeNameHere

FakeNameHere BattleForums Senior Member

who uses shield batterys nowadays? i forgot that building, REALLY I JUST REMEMBERED PROTOSS HAS A SHEILD BATTERY!! u know, shields for the carrier + its free, not bad.

19. JLeeAZN

JLeeAZN Member!

Austin, Texas
    HAHA yea, i really enver tech in that thing.. o well... i always retreat battle cruisers for reapirs by scv...i aint wasting something that cost a lotta resources

~JLeeAZN~

20. Phoenix2003

Antioch, Aiur
    So that the carriers will just chase after BCs while staying out of range. SCVs aren't that efficient. Renzo, you can kiss my a$$. Accept it. Carriers beat BCs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.