What do you think is the best terran rush

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Golaiths, but then they do 1/4 on mutas.
Air-wise, mass BCS or even wraiths/valkries

But always have science vessels handy for these rushes.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ever heard of nuke rushing? You get like 6 ghosts and you nuke various spots i the enemy base and then BOOM. You wipe out many structures and units in the fray. But 3-12 sets of M&Ms do the trick.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
That's suicide! You nuke from far away if you are planning on doing that, or you'll take some telephatic good men with it.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
or make 8 rines with 4 medics. have a few groups and they would be strong just upgrade the armor a bit nad it sould be cool a few bts won't hurt thou

tiggy mofo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only way the nuke strategy would work is if u wer against terran and they wer a newb cuz protoss would make photon cannons and zerg have overlords and sunkens.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nukes are too much of a gamble. Anyone who doesn't have enough detection by then, deserves to have a nuke dropped in their base. Question: Who goes ghosts against the zerg, anyway?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
For the first time, I will have to agree with you. Ghosts do not do much to the zerg since only drones, mutas, and lings can get full dmg of them. The rest do 1/2 - 1/4, no point in doing 3-4 dmg to a 400 hp ultralisk, unless your a n00b and you want to do that. Besides, if you try to nuke with a ghost and no backup, it will get killed when seen by the many overlords the fly around (unless you find a weakspot where there is nothing.).

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I wish I could agree with you on anything.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Np, I shouldn't worry about the smallest things. Besides, who'd send ghosts on protoss exactly?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
They will be a hassle to command, only reason to use one is to nuke. But I usually never nuke, I go for rushy type attack forces.
Its better to command the guys to attack then to just let them sit there and use 100 energy to immobilize a mech unit.

TossEater911

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
first of all the only map i ever play with now is fastest possible cuz they are long games.... the best rush that ive seen is a isht loads of wraiths.... and battle and a few sci. vessles (against the protoss):lucifer :lucifer

forgotmypasswd

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
anything after simple mech units in my oppinion should be considered an attack, I thought "rushing" was to attack early. You cant rush with bc's or nukes.

tiggy mofo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my favorite rush against terran and zerg is marines and siege tanks. with 6 barracks and 1 factory. If they defend u can go defensive while u make either mass air or goliaths with siege tanks

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by TossEater911
first of all the only map i ever play with now is fastest possible cuz they are long games.... the best rush that ive seen is a isht loads of wraiths.... and battle and a few sci. vessles (against the protoss):lucifer :lucifer
Nukes against toss? You'll never pull that off against a competent toss player. Stop playing newbies.

ReiGn

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nuke rushes are risky. if you decide to do a nuke rush, your base will be open to all attacks because you've spent all your minerals to tech up to nukes.

M&M's are the most common rush for terran. try the triple factory rush/Vulture/siege rush