Ultralisk

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The only thing unrealistic about Starcraft is the size of units in relation to the buildings. Otherwise, Blizzard went for a more realistic feel compared to the warcraft universe. Compare the concept arts for the units, the portrait (especially the portraits), the amount of details in-game put in any individual units and in the environment, the coloration, everything you want. I'll also point out that starcraft is less cartoonish than warcraft 3.
all and any in game detailing in starcraft is a direct result of the contrast between a game made in 1995 and a game made in 1998.

A SC unit flaps it's wings to fly in space...

1- Doesnt take away anything from my argument; the new ultralisk is different and uglier, and the classic, canon 2D version worked better.
2- Yes, its a different game, that doesnt take anything from my original argument.
3- The fact that its a change doesnt automatically mean its a good change you f.ucktard. What sort of logic is this?!

I never complained about Starcraft II bringing in differences, I'm complaining about the differences not working well for the Zergs. Can you see the subtle nuance here? Got any other strawmen for me to take down?
Once again it sails right over your head. although i like how it went from "the ultralisk doesn't look right in comparison to SC", to "I just think it is ugly".

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
all and any in game detailing in starcraft is a direct result of the contrast between a game made in 1995 and a game made in 1998.
Doesnt change anything to my argument. It fits right in with it actualy. Blizzard's art is heavily influenced by the limitations of the game engine, and this serves as a basis for my original complain about the Zergs in SCII.

A SC unit flaps it's wings to fly in space...
Suspension of disbelief regarding the questionable physics of the Starcraft univers isnt the same thing than the artistic look of it.

Once again it sails right over your head.
No it doesnt, my orignal argument still stand, while you've got nothing.

although i like how it went from "the ultralisk doesn't look right in comparison to SC", to "I just think it is ugly".
The new ultralisk being ugly and also being different from the original version are not two mutualy exclusive concepts. I can argue for both.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Who uses ultralisks that much anyway?

B~E

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hah. The marine is surprised at the wimpiness of his foe. Hes saying to his squad leader "What a noob, my gawd fisher, its a living cartoon".

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Hey, cool! Nothing's changed at all since I left! We still bicker like little girls!

I love the idea of a more beasty ultralisk, but I have to say the currently-released model looks pretty damn cartoony. I have to recognize B~E's argument here about the inherent issues with using a 3D engine, as well as the legitimacy of his remarks about simply critiquing the aesthetic state of the Ultralisk.

Pan, shove off. =D