<Resurrection, Animate Dead>
Is better? (more effective??)

(If you vote Animate Dead, would you still choose it
over Resurrection if animated units were
Not invulnerable?)

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ressurrection for sure, knights and priests ftw!!!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ressurect is permanent making it infeinitely better than animate dead

AD is a piece of shit

Bomba923

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Resurrection works Only on Your units (or allies)

But AD units are invulnerable!
And AD can target ANY corpse--

Resurrection will select the most powerful corpses
that belong to you or your allies/

But AD can target the overall most powerful corpses
RegardlesS of alignment in life, and they will be invulnerable
under your control!

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Bomba923 said:
Resurrection works Only on Your units (or allies)

But AD units are invulnerable!
And AD can target ANY corpse--

Resurrection will select the most powerful corpses
that belong to you or your allies/

But AD can target the overall most powerful corpses
RegardlesS of alignment in life, and they will be invulnerable
under your control!
yea yea AD sucks, time limit = gg.

and I think yo ucan dispel them.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
dispel plue limited.

the fact i can ressurect all my knights back, up to 6 is much better than AD. AD never works properly, god sometimes it gets me a peasent. AD units are invulnerable, but thats gay. I liked it when they weren't, because when i had 6 taurens Animated they provided meat for my units, now the enemy will just bypass thsoe units and aim for my hero!

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Ressurection:

Revives 6 units to original forms before death
Vulnerable to attacks
Owner of unit returns to player that built it
Immune to dispel effects
Revives the most powerful corpses first. Eg, 6 knights compared to 6 peasent corpses, the 6 knights come back.

Animate Dead:
Makes revived unit undead status
Dispelable
Invulnerable
Can be death pacted for extra health for your Death Knight
Explode after 40 seconds
Owner belongs to person who cast Animate Dead
Revives regardless of alliancy
Cannot cast the spells it retained in its living form. Eg, cannot cast Slow using ADed Sorceress.
No control over who gets animated, sometimes the units you don't want.

I would say Ressurection is better unless I need life or the cutting edge using my own or the enemy's slaughtered units.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
AD has no use. think about it, if in a abttle you or your enemy lose 6 units, the battle is over then and there, especialy like 6 tauren yor enemy lsoes. that is the idea AD everyone says "what about 6 invul taurens " but at that point, the battle is likely over.

AD time limit is so short, and the units are shit plus dispelable. what other ultimate is dispelable? none! AD is pure shit. plus if you are desperate you need to use AD units to heal yourself, you need help. blowing 200 magic to heal yourself (150 AD + 50 deathpact) you might as well commit suicide. becasue launching a coil and running is far more impressive then wasting 200. better they dead then you without magic

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Especially with regards to the tuaren. If they were allies, your teammate could have cast Ancestral Spirit and brought them back to 100% life and still able to live. If it was enemy tauren, then that's fine considering he cannot revive whats going to blow up in like 40 seconds.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
people use ancestrial spirit? i thought it was a myth.

sure it COULD happen, but in 500 games, never once seen it done. in fact, I have never played with anyone who has had the time to use thier units. not saying they wouldn't, but the etheral units have a habit of dieing first to magic.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Ressurection:

Revives 6 units to original forms before death
Vulnerable to attacks
Owner of unit returns to player that built it
Immune to dispel effects
Revives the most powerful corpses first. Eg, 6 knights compared to 6 peasent corpses, the 6 knights come back.

Animate Dead:
Makes revived unit undead status
Dispelable
Invulnerable
Can be death pacted for extra health for your Death Knight
Explode after 40 seconds
Owner belongs to person who cast Animate Dead
Revives regardless of alliancy
Cannot cast the spells it retained in its living form. Eg, cannot cast Slow using ADed Sorceress.
No control over who gets animated, sometimes the units you don't want.

I would say Ressurection is better unless I need life or the cutting edge using my own or the enemy's slaughtered units.
the moment you said dispelable, you've just confirmed my stand on how AD is totally useless they are.

ancestrial spirit... Ive seen only one person that used against me in Ladder... good strat, Ive never thought of that lawl.

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
AD units are NOT dispellable, however, that doesn't mean they are worth much. You can just run away from dispelled units, and even if the AD units are at your base, you can repair or run your workers. AD is good with Pact or Ritual however. I also agree that the time limit is way too short to make any impact.

The absolutely worst part about AD is how it chooses which units to revive. I mean sure 6 Tauren could have died and they become yours, but on the other hand, if 6 footmen and 6 priests die guess what... You will get 6 priests... with NO spells. I think this should be changed because I'd rather have 6 crappy tier 1 units like footmen, rather than 6 casters that can't do anything.

AD however, is good at countering Resurrection. You might want to consider using necros to steal bodies as well. So in total, I think at level 6, you may want to consider placing it into pact, if you haven't already.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Aura always gets it over AD. Always. lvl 3 aura is just to fast.

I forgot AD used to be dispellable, but now tat u mention it... it was changed? musta forgot about that. Regardeless AD still sucks

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i think AD is better because of the invulnerability. think of it this way:
you animate some dead people, and surround them around your hero or whatever unit you want to protect. ta da! instant wall. if the opposing team has gone all melee, which is really possible. they cant touch whoever your trying to protect, unless they brought some ranged along (i.e. siege)

if you cast AD and say you have a team mate as NE and they have potm, surround the potm and she will be harder to die, unless the other team has some disabling spells or ranged.

BTW. Vengeance's minions are dispelable, so AD isnt the only dispelable ult.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
i think AD is better because of the invulnerability. think of it this way:
you animate some dead people, and surround them around your hero or whatever unit you want to protect. ta da! instant wall. if the opposing team has gone all melee, which is really possible. they cant touch whoever your trying to protect, unless they brought some ranged along (i.e. siege)

if you cast AD and say you have a team mate as NE and they have potm, surround the potm and she will be harder to die, unless the other team has some disabling spells or ranged.

BTW. Vengeance's minions are dispelable, so AD isnt the only dispelable ult.
AD is useless tho, yo ucant even use spells like slow from sorc when you AD them :p

LuNa[eP]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.replays.net
Animate dead
Get a meat wagon, and store corpses from ogre lords and other big ass hp creeps or ccreeps with chaos damage
release them in battle
gg other army =)
well if you can't do this, ressurection is better because it's "forever".. and cuz you can overpass 100 food limit :p

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
LuNa[eP] said:
Animate dead
Get a meat wagon, and store corpses from ogre lords and other big ass hp creeps or ccreeps with chaos damage
release them in battle
gg other army =)
well if you can't do this, ressurection is better because it's "forever".. and cuz you can overpass 100 food limit :p
That sounds plausible, but I think it would require a lot of micro to pull off. You would have to bring a wagon everywhere you creeped and while you are focusing doing that, you may lose focus on other things.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Animate Dead is OK, but it pales in comparison to the other spells the Death Knight has, especially for its mana cost. And it can be quite unreliable.

The fact remains is this: You start a fight with Ghouls and Abominations. What goes down first? The Ghouls, because of their low health. So what is raised using Animate Dead? Ghouls! The weak units of the other team! Ressurection is slightly better in this case because the Human player KNOWS what is gone from his own little army, and can know when to cast it.

It all comes down to the fact that the Death Knight would be better off using Death Coil twice rather than Animate Dead; but it doesn't really apply for the Paladin, where Holy Light may not be as good as Death Coil.*

ChrisH36

Reaction score
LuNa[eP] said:
Animate dead
release them in battle
gg other army =)
Yeah but doing this method you need to keep not only your wagons alive, but you cannot learn Exhume Corpses and that passive helps out necros and cannabalize.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Bomba923 said:
Which of these two:
<Resurrection, Animate Dead>
Is better? (more effective??)

(If you vote Animate Dead, would you still choose it
over Resurrection if animated units were
Not invulnerable?)

Pan is right man, ressurection is by far better than animate dead for all those reasons and like x42bn6 said the other spells of the DK are better than the ones the Palladin has.

But I want to ask u guys are those animate dead units really that dispeallable I think that at one of the patches said that they can not be dispelled, for example a priest can can really make 200 damage to a animated unit at 1.18? If this is true isn't this a problem that should be really fixed with the next patch, because like u guys said those units aren't so great they can not use their spells and don't provide hp for the army and 40 sec is not a long time?