Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Animate Dead

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
TheoStormhawk said:
Pan is right man, ressurection is by far better than animate dead for all those reasons and like x42bn6 said the other spells of the DK are better than the ones the Palladin has.

But I want to ask u guys are those animate dead units really that dispeallable I think that at one of the patches said that they can not be dispelled, for example a priest can can really make 200 damage to a animated unit at 1.18? If this is true isn't this a problem that should be really fixed with the next patch, because like u guys said those units aren't so great they can not use their spells and don't provide hp for the army and 40 sec is not a long time?
A revived unit by means of Animate Dead recieves Undead/Summonable status. You can dispel them if you can do the damage to overcome them. In some cases, you might need units liek Dryads or Shamans to make it effective.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
A revived unit by means of Animate Dead recieves Undead/Summonable status. You can dispel them if you can do the damage to overcome them. In some cases, you might need units liek Dryads or Shamans to make it effective.
So they can be dispelled like any ordinary sumoned units (corresponding to their hp of course).
It was always hard for me to choose for DK at lvl 6 between aura 3 and animate dead but from now on it's the aura.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I think you are better off maxing Coil/Aura first before getting animate dead. Sometimes, I get death pact so I don't get t3 hero nuked!

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
I think you are better off maxing Coil/Aura first before getting animate dead. Sometimes, I get death pact so I don't get t3 hero nuked!
Yes of course now death pact becomes an alternative,but that aura at lvl3 combined with blight is like fountain of health (not to mention about the area healing statue). I prefer the aura because I micro the DK alot and I don't use him much in direct fighting I use him more like a sustaining hero.
Wow I never thought that I'll see the day when a level 1 ability could stand against an ultimate.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Revelade said:
I still find it ridiculous how many people don't know this:

You can NOT dispell animated dead units; they are invulnerable.
Sadly true. The only exception to this rule is the Vengenace avatar. Killing the vengeance avatar dispels all summons caused by it. The only way invulnerable units are affected is by custom and setting Allowed Targets to include Invulnerable and Vulnerable units.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hes right...
OFFICIAL ANIMATE DEAD INFO:

Animate Dead Information

It is important to pick the right time to cast Animate Dead. The best time to use it is when there are at least 6 dead units that are very powerful such as Knights, Tauren, Abominations, Huntresses, or Bears. Another possible option is to collect powerful Creeps in a Meat Wagon then unload them in a battle and cast Animate Dead.
Up to 6 units can be resurrected. The spell will choose the most powerful corpses to resurrect if there are more than 6.

Animate Dead will raise dead enemy units or neutral units as well as your own.

Units raised by Animate Dead are invulnerable to dispels as well as damage.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Eitherway, they are only good for few moments.. Revive is better I'd say :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Ressurection for getting men back. It will revive the powerful first! Animate Dead will just randomly pick units and revive them, regardless of alliancy.

Icedragon

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
yeah but there might be 3 knights then 3 aboms in there so its not all bad

Revelade

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hellwolf_36 said:
Ressurection for getting men back. It will revive the powerful first! Animate Dead will just randomly pick units and revive them, regardless of alliancy.
Units picked aren't random... It goes from Tier 3 melee units, to casters, then to secondary units, and finally the units made at barracks... the bad part is that casters can't cast any spells period. I'm talking about Animate Dead here.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Revelade said:
Units picked aren't random... It goes from Tier 3 melee units, to casters, then to secondary units, and finally the units made at barracks... the bad part is that casters can't cast any spells period. I'm talking about Animate Dead here.
exactly, whats the use of having casters when they cant cast spells?

ChrisH36

Reaction score
To do magic damage and cause heavy armor to fall faster. But if that was the case, revive Spirit Walkers. They do the most magic damage, but I am not sure if they can be revived in Corpreal form for that matter.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
To do magic damage and cause heavy armor to fall faster. But if that was the case, revive Spirit Walkers. They do the most magic damage, but I am not sure if they can be revived in Corpreal form for that matter.
its pretty much random, and I think by the time you animate Deads, you'd probly have their heavy armor units dead...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Which is why you revive when you have powerful units to revive instead of shitty ones. But even that is unlikely... depends on the size of the deadlock and where you are fighting.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
It seems I was right Animate Dead cannot be dispelled ( as I recall 1.14 was the last version in wich animated units could be dispelled). Animate dead is a super ultimate spell , but compared to Ressurection it has a small shortcoming, ressurection is better for the only reason that it provides hp in battle.
The type of units that are revived is not a problem because this game is very well balanced, it's impossible to get level 6 on a hero and your base and units as well as your oppnent's units to be tier 1.
Animate Dead has its advantages : for example you fight in open field with someone , u defeat him and he retreats with few hp in his fully towered base the animated units will finish the job because they are invulnerable, another advantage is that it animates enemy units too.The animated units are one certain damage machine, their invulnerable status makes them imune in front of any effect I mean for example if u have an animated rifleman you know for certain that he will provide continuus damage to your enemy no matter what for 40 seconds, the ressurected units are not spell free .

mjohnson

Reaction score
You can't dispel animate dead.
in case of Human versus Undead.
Animate Dead can steal the corpse of Human while u nid a minimum of 6 units of human especially knight in order for resurection to be more effective. Plus, being invulnerable is great. retreat your army and harm the enemies unit for 2 mins. then go back and let the scourge exterminate all enemies.
Plus, undead can harrass other enemies by resurecting some ghouls(upgraded) in the graveyard. Move the ghouls to the mine of the enemies. and poof. Chaos is reign!! The throne had overheat with blood.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Animate Dead cannot be dispelled, unless thier lifespan is elapsed. I would use it on more meaningful units like T3 melee, knowing that I would have to be careful considering there are other corpses nearby.