U~ndead Anti-Casters

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Undead Anti-Casters

Just thought I would ask the peoples oppinions on undead anti-casters.

Banshee AMS: great for units that have been hit with a debuff(farie fire, slow, cripple etc.) also renders units immune to magic attacks.
Destroyer Devour magic:steals all buffs, de-buffs, wards, and damages summonables, and gives the mana to the destroyer. Powers orb of corruption.

Honestly, undead has some good anti-casters, but i still think the get shafted, and doesn't have enough to defend against these spells.

Now tell me what u think

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I still play alot of RoC - I'd say undead anti-caster is very weak. AMS, while does prevent you unit from being debuffed, also won't allow you to buff. AMS can't kill summoned units.

In TFT it's a bit of a balance with devour - though I'd say the elves' spell steal may be a little too good.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
In TFT the UD's anti-casters are really really good. AMS + Devour Magic are very powerful combo. I agree with you pan. I am not sure if they will be shafted though, AMS requires some micro and like shadow ninja said in ROC AMS only did so much (since it can be dispelled). I think it is pretty balanced as is.

Torubu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Honestly, any race can pull off good counters to casters considering there's a tavern on the map. Dark Ranger's silence is hell for someone forced to TP to a town with casters, because they come grouped. Watch for this when attacking a town, and just 1 silence can take out their entire casting army, and by the time it wares off, your spell is cooled down and ready to be used again. This move has saved my 4v4 team in the past, and it's funny.. we had kids screaming "WHY CANT I CAST SPELLS" and we told him it was the Pit Lord. :)

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
In TFT, true, things are much more balanced.

But still, for those who plays classic, the only balance they'll get are WoNs, Undead RoC players need WoNs, other races, it's less strict. NE has detonate and abolish, Orc has purge, humans have dispel.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
UD Anti-Caster is fairly respectable, but they get a double-edged sword with AMS. On one hand, AMS is the only spell that will protect your units from the offensive spells in your opponents' arsenals, a lesson well-learned from the days when Ghouls alone were a perfect army for UD to use if you could protect them from AoE destruction. On the other hand, AMS prevents the casting of buffs, but this is more of a hindrance when you use units higher up than Ghouls (i.e. Fiends, Aboms) and in team games, when your teammates can cast good stuff like BL or Inner Fire.

Buying WoNs is all but mandatory for UD players, but both WoNs and AMS have their own differing uses. WoNs should be more reserved for removing Poly on Banshees (who are your AMS casters) and for removing buffs on enemy forces. Casting AMS on the enemy is more of a hindrance than a help, as you can imagine.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Anti-Magic Shell. It makes the affected unit immune to magic.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wow that sounds great use AMS shell on your weaker units or other casters then use your banshees to take control of theri units. :)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by UltimateJim
the Banshee, you dont see very many of them on b net, how much mana does AMS cost?

nice sigtar NEOxx0
I believe it costs like 50 mana or something. It is reasonably cheap and should be used often. I always make sure I get it since it can mean an early day if the other team has mass casters. Since AMS also protects against MAGIC attacks, all units that have a magic attack cannot damage AMS's units.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah but just get tham and use AMS then use control and get their units that way their ****ed and you can laugh they get pissed then yur done.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Ya that works unless you used up all your mana already on AMS.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
True banshees r easy to kill but it you go into a battle and use hotkeys you can quickly control their whole army without loseing a single banshee that was you get better units and they have non that way u can easily take out theri base before they produc emore people iand if they do just do the same thing again buy more banshees and control their units. I recoment having a few melee to guard the banshees then control from afar.

UltimateJim

Member!
Reaction score
ok your gonna have what 12 banshees? and say they have dryads, what then? your screwed, but i guess that would be a copunter...... what if they r noobs and atack you with like 30 archers, (its happened to me) then you can only control 1/2.... and UD arent good for scouting....

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
UD arn't good for scouting? are you mad boy? Shade is probably the best scout in the entrire game. lets see, permanent invis, costs 90 gold for acolyte fast movement, low food cost, etc. what do the other races have?

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
sentry ward... not AS good, but still useful.

gyros... only if you already have a workshop, make like 2 and scout the map.

sentinel... even worse then the sentry ward.

yup, UD have the best scouting. own personal, legit maphack like you said a while ago, eh pan?