U~ndead Anti-Casters

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by UltimateJim
ok your gonna have what 12 banshees? and say they have dryads, what then? your screwed, but i guess that would be a copunter...... what if they r noobs and atack you with like 30 archers, (its happened to me) then you can only control 1/2.... and UD arent good for scouting....
Oh, don't get 12 banshees. That solves the problem.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
12 banshees are way to much. no one whould have more then 6 banshee and 6 necros. casters should never be massed alone, that is what peopl learned against me with destroyers and AMS. not fun to have none of ur units able to attack.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
12 banshees are way to much. no one whould have more then 6 banshee and 6 necros. casters should never be massed alone, that is what peopl learned against me with destroyers and AMS. not fun to have none of ur units able to attack.
Ya, AMS = Ownage. I use it quite often in FFA's.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I know you, you like Bei and i have seen Bei use AMs so much. people who mass casters wyrms chims etc. cant even attack you with AMS. Makes undead the greateest

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
And p***es me off so bad when that happens. The great part is that it's only Adept training, which is great facing other Adept/Master casters. Too bad they die easily though. o_O but that's what Possession is for.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
I know you, you like Bei and i have seen Bei use AMs so much. people who mass casters wyrms chims etc. cant even attack you with AMS. Makes undead the greateest
You know me too well pan...lol.

AMS is really nice to use on heros that are casting a spell that can be interrupted. Some really good NE players use an Anti-magic Potion on their Potm so that they are magic immune. Then they cast starfall, unless you have dispel, you might as well be screwed. I was owned by that a couple of times tonight... :(. Get AMS it will save your a$$ many times over.

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
IMO, AMS should be researched as fast as possible. It's the only thing preventing your heroes from getting nuked. Spells like Banish, Bolt, FlameStrike, Entangle, Shadow Strike, Mana Burn, Forked Lightning, etc - they're really bad. AMS protects from all this.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The problem is, when i face people who use AMS I get mad cause i know they know what i was going to do. one thing i do hate is getting ams dispelled when i thought it couldn't be.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
The problem is, when i face people who use AMS I get mad cause i know they know what i was going to do. one thing i do hate is getting ams dispelled when i thought it couldn't be.
The only thing is that it can be dispelled by dryads and priests very easily....that is why it isn't best to get it unless you are scouting the enemy a lot and know what they are building,etc. AMS is very powerful when against spellcasters with no dispel.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
So in other words, orcs and undead, and NE. most NE players never get dryads anymore unless they know that i am getting AMS, plus dryads have a low mana so i can recast it and they run out

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
So in other words, orcs and undead, and NE. most NE players never get dryads anymore unless they know that i am getting AMS, plus dryads have a low mana so i can recast it and they run out
Can you cast anit-magic shell twice on a unit (if it is still on it)? That would help me in being able to recast it since i will most likely miss a couple of times...lol. And when you are UD you usually have gargs and those always are in the way of your units, making you unable to cast it efficiently. I wish there was just a button that gave 6 units AMS. It would save a ton of time.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
And you'd make several players angry by doing so. Let's have a mass banishing by Dryads as well! Take out all effects in the whole area!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
And you'd make several players angry by doing so. Let's have a mass banishing by Dryads as well! Take out all effects in the whole area!
what the **** are you talking about?

and as for AMS, i tend to have the banshee and a few gargs in a control group, cast ams, then reselect my groups. it is easy to cast it in the command group

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
AMs would be cooler autocast then curse. think about it, as soon as a magic unit attacks, or a negative spell is cast, the banshee auto casts AMS dispelling it. that would be annoying

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It'd considered to be too easy. AMS is supposed to be a double edge sword. If it were an autocast, then Blizz probably won't let us coil units inside AMS anymore.

What's so hard ?
Use the grid key shortcut customkeys.txt and all you need to do is have your banshees selected, then press x while clicking every unit you own.

They have abolish ?
Then use a protection scroll to let the pesky dryad run out of mana.

They have dispel ?
Possess them priests - or carrion/nova them if that's too difficult.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shadow_Ninja
It'd considered to be too easy. AMS is supposed to be a double edge sword. If it were an autocast, then Blizz probably won't let us coil units inside AMS anymore.

What's so hard ?
Use the grid key shortcut customkeys.txt and all you need to do is have your banshees selected, then press x while clicking every unit you own.

They have abolish ?
Then use a protection scroll to let the pesky dryad run out of mana.

They have dispel ?
Possess them priests - or carrion/nova them if that's too difficult.
If you have like 24+ units then you need to press the "N" hotkey a lot. I play FFA's and you need to have lots of units fast...

And...umm...autocast would be extremely nice. It would be way better than the stupid "Curse" which isn't a very effective use of banshees. If AMS was autocast however...it would a balance issue I think. AMS is powerful as it is and if they made it autocast it would be very hard to stop.

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Well, you don't have to AMS your entire army. Just a few here an there - just make sure AMS is on your heroes.

They made it non-dispellable once - it was far too powerful. Ghouls were unstoppable. Autocast would definitely make it just as powerful.

Curse is very nice. It's like level 3 Evasion for your entire army (from the cursed unit).

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I would have to say that it can help. However, it doesn't really cause damage or protect very well. AMS needs to be on an entire army to be fully effective. If you don't want the enemy to be able to attack you with magic, you have to go all out. AMS your whole army, however just AMSing your heros can be effective against Storm Bolt, Entangle Roots,etc. An AMSed army is ownage against casters....