U~Is there anyway to defeat the Chim Menace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Is there any way to defeat the Chim Menace?

I just want some of you guys' opinions on this one. How do you defeat this NE combo of units:

6 Chims

10 Dryads

3 Dotts

6 Hippos

2 Lvl 6 heros

What is nasty about this combo is the fact that AMS will NOT work. It will kinda work but then the dryads will just dispel it and you have to reAMS all your units, while the Chims eat u up. Is there any way to beat this?

Edited to make food limit realistic.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
EDIT-Sorry, wrong race discussion. :eek:

-Frank :cool:

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas other than frank :D?

Chims just seem a bit over powered....that is why I posted this.

EDIT: I just lost twice to chims....two times in a row I was owned by Chims in FFA, it is sickening. It almost requires no skill at all to get them either. Dryads with Chims is an unbeatable combo.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Gargs, Statues and Ghouls should do pretty much fine. Statues prevent the DotTs and Dryads from making Ghoul bait while Ghouls rape the Dryads. Hippos aren't such a problem against Gargs.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
The 8 gargoyles for sure.They will defeat the chims,what is so 'scarry' for dryads-use any 6ghouls or ground unit.Dotts-ok the 5 statues,hyppos-again gargs,statues and cr fiends.
For the heroes use DK +sleep(Dl)and mostly skeletons-actually the best vs driads are 5-6 necromancers with 12 skeletons.

And you play roc or tft x42bn6?I thought you were only roc pl.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
The 8 gargoyles for sure.They will defeat the chims,what is so 'scarry' for dryads-use any 6ghouls or ground unit.Dotts-ok the 5 statues,hyppos-again gargs,statues and cr fiends.
For the heroes use DK +sleep(Dl)and mostly skeletons-actually the best vs driads are 5-6 necromancers with 12 skeletons.

And you play roc or tft x42bn6?I thought you were only roc pl.
The only thing that might work is necros. Other than that, all your ground units are screwed. You have never seen chims in action. They are a deadly combo. And the reason why dryad suck so bad is because they have magic immunity and dispelling. Ghouls would die instantly, against 6 chims....so would your heros.

Originally posted by x42bn6
Gargs, Statues and Ghouls should do pretty much fine. Statues prevent the DotTs and Dryads from making Ghoul bait while Ghouls rape the Dryads. Hippos aren't such a problem against Gargs.
I have tried this before...mass gargs. It doesn't work, because of all the anti-air the other guy has. Even with a few frosties in there it doesn't work. Dotts, dryads, hippos rip up air while chims and heros rip up ground. In theory craft your strategy works, but for some reason in a game 6 chims is unstoppable without AMS. Dryads make AMS useless so you are pretty much screwed.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I actually went quite a bit over...the night I wrote this I was mad because soooo many people get chims in FFA, and I haven't beat em once.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I play RoC but have some FT knowledge. Actually, I play none now. Exams.....

Whoa, Aragorn, try Fiends then. Fiends with Web should be different, unless they make Hippos in the way for Dryads.....

Don't autocast and bring down the Chims manually before hitting with Ghouls. Lose some Gargs in that case.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Why because you are bored?

Originally posted by Aragorn7
I actually went quite a bit over...the night I wrote this I was mad because soooo many people get chims in FFA, and I haven't beat em once.
I always get mad.I was once attacked vy 10-11 chims(roc)and I was so angry-I made some gyros and killed many but the other of the team helped him.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
The problem with gargs is the fact that they have so much anti-air. Dryads/Dotts/Hippos rip the gargs up. Especially the dryads.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Fiends, abombs, destroyers and banshee. first off, the fiends do piercing, and is the only vs. air unit that does piercing for undead. so we got piercing vs. dryads and DOTT and if u have web, hippos. since those three units have unarmored they take crazy damage. now abombs whould try and absorb the chims damage, as well as the others as the fiends web the chims and hippos. banshees AMS if u can take out the dryads early, thus leaving your army immune to the chims and Dott. destroyers for devour magic against fairy fire and cyclone.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I like that pan. I actually did just that in a solo game a while ago. It worked very well. In FFA the problem is the sheer number of units that you have. It is crazy. Most of the time you have 100 food armies. It is hard to control such a big army...I will have to get better at it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Well I have encountered that force before, except i think they had MG instead and less of the others. now MG with that is hard, but i still won, the reason was i had an expansion that game and he didin't. Actualy after that battle i had nothing but my heros and he just had nothing and gave up.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
On to the next question, who thinks that Chims are overpowered? It takes only a bit of skill to get an army like that. And once you do, most of the time the NE wins. Should the chims be toned down a bit in the next patch?

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I think they're owned so bad, no offense, but unless they can attack air they suck, even with NE's mass AA and all that. Maybe I didn't play enough FT.....

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Chims arn't overpowered, they in reality suck. they arn't worth getting honestly, and i dont know why ppl get it anyways.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I guess lately I have gotten used to chims. They aren't as hard anymore, but a lot of players get them in FFA. They seem like they suck but in FFA they cause lots of problems. The main problem I can think of with them is the long range siege attack. All the other flying juggernauts have to attack from almost right next to the building. Chims have crazy range when attacking buildings. The other thing is their splash damage, it is double of the frost wyrm.

Grimace

Member!
Reaction score
Dunt forget the Starfall/Tranquility Combo, that sucks heaps!

I have nothing much to comment, but just try to hit the hippos b4 they kill all ur gargs. (It sucks! Hippos are so much better and the same food cost!) After hippos are gone, just get mass fiend, i guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.