U~Is DK + fiends better than DL + ghouls

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
is DK + fiends better than DL + ghouls

I notice that instead of having ghouls with DK they make fiends and heal them and use rod of necromancy.
DL + ghouls it doesnt work against AOE spells and grunts.

Especially for AT games what is better for undead to have from these 2 (having to fight against hunts,grunts,footmen and riflemen,other fiends/ghouls).

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Yes, that is an extremely common strat nowadays. Where have you been?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
He was in a wash room

anyhow, i get pwned by DL + Ghouls then fast GArgs sometimes, but good thing it was in custom 1v1... :D

But i can beat Fiends... MGs can pwn them when u get all the upgs and dyrads and bears. Not to mention Warden lvl 5

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
DK fiends, teching to frostys and abombs is about the only strategy I can pull off now with Undead. I suck with ghouls, they just die so easily to entangle, and water elementals. MG's can counter the fiends, but I can hold them off long enough, they have to be tier 3 to be a real problem, and then I can get abombs and frostys =)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by AHappyChineseBoy
just to let ya know, upgrading isnt that important versus having another unit =)
More units is better than extra armor or attack.

FunK

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It's all in the micro. I think if I had to choose I would pick DL + Ghoul but it also depends on the abilities and stuff too..

War_enforcer

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aragorn7
More units is better than extra armor or attack.
Well, i dunno man. If you have upgrades, 1 unit = the power of 2-3. So, it depends. For rush, ya, more units are better. But, you still wanna get those upgrades. :shoot :scary

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
dl and ghouls are really good if u have lvl 3 vamp andfrenzy, and u could get dk with lvl 3 unholy too

side note:rads ur sig pictures are too big, u should get rid of both

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by War_enforcer
Well, i dunno man. If you have upgrades, 1 unit = the power of 2-3. So, it depends. For rush, ya, more units are better. But, you still wanna get those upgrades. :shoot :scary
No attack increases by 10% for each upgrade, that means that each unit is 10% more effective at attacking. As opposed to a whole other unit that can do 100% extra damage. The only time upgrading is efficient is if you have more than 10 units of the same attack type.

Armor is a 12% increase in damage reduction. Armor is good on units with no armor at all, but other than that, it just acts as a "micro" buffer. Armor just helps people with bad micro perform better because the units don't die as fast.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
And if u have amazing micro, adding 10% or 15% improves your micro. Not to mention all your units recieve the bonus of an upgrade. instead of one more mouth to feed, u improve all ur units. Top level players get upgrades early

v2.0
~Pan~

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
And if u have amazing micro, adding 10% or 15% improves your micro. Not to mention all your units recieve the bonus of an upgrade. instead of one more mouth to feed, u improve all ur units. Top level players get upgrades early

v2.0
~Pan~
I have seen only a few top players get upgrades in solo. Usually they get them later on in the game or really early in the game. Upgrading ghouls armor and/or attack is important if you actually plan on using them.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
i hate mass ghouls because he can sleep u then easily surround, its annoying really

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by uFOO
i hate mass ghouls because he can sleep u then easily surround, its annoying really
Yes, it is a very useful strategy. I use it occasionally when I have ghouls laying around.

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes!!!! fiends + dk is much better!!! first of all, fiends have much higher dmg and more hp. ghoulies die too easily. use them for wood, thats about the only thing they're useful for, except a very early game rush. then don't get them unless for wood.

gl hf

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
In ATs with my friend i do rifles others whatever i feel like doing and he uses DL+ ghouls.I noticed that ghouls are owned by grunts even they have the aura.This leaves riflemen without defense on the front.So against 2 orcs for example does an UD have to use ghouls or fiends ?