U~Frost Wyrms

Discussion in 'Warcraft Strategy Guides' started by Emperor Pan I, Nov 26, 2002.

1. IHATEMRJONS

IHATEMRJONS Member!

OK I LIKE TO GO GHOULS AND FROST WYRMS, GHOULS CAN TAKE OUT INDIVIDUAL UNITS AND FROST WYRMS CAN TAKE OUT DEFENCE, BUILDINGS, AND HEROS VERY QUICK. SO WAT I DO I MAKE ABOUT 12 FROST WYRMS WHILE I CREEP AND KEEP MAKING GHOULS AND THEN WEN I GET FROST WYRM BUILDING I MAKE ABOUT 5 OR 6 FROST WYRMS AND SO IF MY ENEMIES ATTACK ME I WILL HAVE GHOULS AND DEFENCE UP(SINCE U UPGRADE UR ZIGGURATS) AND A LEVELED HERO

wOrKs FoR mE

2. Master.America

Master.America Premium Member

San Jose, CA
    Frosties rock. They make great support creatures. But...as a main attack force? Laughable. Frost Wyrms are not intended to be massed, and if they were they would probably be lower in the tech tree or at least cheaper. When I get Frost Wyrms I get them for three reasons: to soak up damage from enemy archers so that my Ghouls and Gargoyles can take them out, for freezing buildings, or as a diversion, making the enemy create anti-air units, when in reality my strategy would be Necromancers + Ghouls or something along those lines.

But mass Frost Dragons? Who would do something so stupid? Well, if you're up against a guy that'll sit and rot in his base for 10 minutes while you build up your masses then maybe it could happen.

3. JaDyMa[pd]

JaDyMa[pd] Member!

hah, chances are, now im in his clan lol thats kinda freaky out of all those ppl on b.net?

4. FleshRipper[pd]

FleshRipper[pd] Member!

Ontario Canada
    Hey Pan, I realy did get disconnected out there. I realy did have to go somtimes. THeses are all just coincedences. Hey and if you dont think im good, check out my new account "LagMaster[pd]". I got 5 wins in a row in A.T with "Sticky[pd]" A.K.A "Adhesive[pd]. But afterwords I got a loss.

5. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    Cool, i got 9 wins in a row on my name Pan_the_man2, but my last two games i got disconeccted then my comp froze. i almost had a perfect record.

6. IHATEMRJONS

IHATEMRJONS Member!

know i dont like to go with so many Frost Wyrms now, now i like to go mass gargolyes with about 4 or 5 Frost Wyrms, Frost wyrms are perfect with taking out defence

7. Masta

Masta Member!

likes PC's
    with wut strat?

8. Masta

Masta Member!

likes PC's
    pan_the_man2.....u got 9 row kill with wut strat?

9. Skipper240

Skipper240 New Member

Frosties are only good with UF (Orcs) or AMS (HU). A straight tech to them doesn't work because you need to quick exp to even have a chance at getting a decent number of them out + a few casters. Watch the replay, Frosties rape... and the Orc's not a noob obviously.

10. RageWinterchill

RageWinterchill Member!

In the freezing wastelands of Northrend
    You're screwed if you go straight tech Frosties. There's only so much a UD hero can creep by himself. Going dual hero Ghouls and then working your way to Frosties can be good, though. Frosties can ensure that nothing gets away from the Ghouls. ^_^

11. x42bn6

x42bn6 Retired Staff

London, United Kingdom
    Frosts suck. pan means it. Gargs are better than FW, Archers take out FW, and Even GR of the Humans are better than FW.

12. Beef246

Beef246 Member!

i think frosties r alrite ive won a few games by goin for mass frosyies but only afta creein wif ghouls ssuprisingly iv won 3 1v1 games an a few team games usin this strat also with unholy frenzy , the others go ground wile i go mass frosyies and ensure that no1 escapes lol

13. x42bn6

x42bn6 Retired Staff

London, United Kingdom
    Against buildings maybe. But the cost is FAR TOO MUCH.

14. Emperor Pan I

Emperor Pan I Respected Member

Canada
    you ccan barely even have 7 frostys with 2 heros. it is stupid that frostys cost so much, since they suck.

15. x42bn6

x42bn6 Retired Staff

London, United Kingdom
    On the Undead campaign "Siege of Dalaran" I once made 7 FW with Arthas and Kel'Thuzad (59 upkeep), 5 Acos (64) a Shade (65) and 2 Ghouls on lumber (69) leaving 21 upkeep for an army. And where I got the gold from I have no idea.

16. LiQuiD-OnE

LiQuiD-OnE Member!

Toronto, Canada
    i agree frosties suck when massed alone but mixed with ghouls and necros they own :)

necros for unholy frenzy (imo skellies suck 1 WoN and poof all gone)
    ghouls for chipping off health

seriously WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD MASS FROSTIES? thats just plain stupid

17. x42bn6

x42bn6 Retired Staff

London, United Kingdom
    Not necessarily. The Gold and Lumber can be sacrificed for a few Ghouls, but the Upkeep can't. 7 upkeep? You can have plenty for that.

18. Biske

Biske BattleForums Senior Member

Nineveh
    I won a few games going mass frosties. They were team games, so my allies protected me while i teched, but by the time I had 4-5, my allies had already beaten up most of the creeps, and only one other player was left, so I rarely got any action with that strat...but they aren't made for massing me thinks. They are like the Battle Cruiser off of SC, they are Heavy Aerial Support, not Heavy Aerial Assault.

19. x42bn6

x42bn6 Retired Staff

London, United Kingdom
    FWs are surprisingly weak for the cost and amount of damage. Sadly. Whenever FWs do come out you aren't necessarily rewarded; rather you're left wondering if it was worth the cost.

20. phreakerhaxxor

phreakerhaxxor BattleForums Addict

De_Dust2
    i say fully upgrade gargolyes and mass em, easy, and affordable, if u cant do it easy and affordable, thats just downright sad, bah to you :mad: