U~Frost Wyrms

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Frost Wyrms

Ok, i have seen this alot with alot of races. People try to Tech straight to frost wyrms. Who agrees with me that this is a realy stupid plan. Think about it, you won't creep and even if u get around too it the opponent will already be ahead of you. You can't build to much defense because the bone pit is the same cost as a Necropolis, and each frost wyrm cost like 400 gold along with freezing breath and full upgrades. Combine that with a 500 gold extra hero. That is expensive, lengthy and all out crappy. Who here goes straight for the last unit in their tech-tree? i have seen it happen with orcs and going straight for taurens and shamans. I have seen it with NE where Chimeras are their main concern and the same with gryphons for humans.

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
I am a great undead player (at least I think I am)?? And I think this is a true "NEWB" strat. I have a way cooler strat then this.. I dont even get Frost Worms.

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
I get a variaty of units and go slowly up the tech tree. this way I can have my Basic / Piersing units and never the less spell casters (necromancers). You dont need to waste all your money on frost Wyrms when you can beat your opponent wi'll getting a variaty of units. These are the units and Heros that I get:

Units:

Ghouls (collects Lumber and good for rushing)
Necromancer(Raises Millions of Skeletons)
Crypt Fiends (Great For Anti Air)
Abominatoins ( Brutal!!)

heros:

I get the DreadLord and the Death Knight as my heros. I get to have 2 auras this way (the Vampiric Aura and Unholy Aura)

BigBrownBear

Member!
Reaction score
I think teching to frosties will only work if your in a team game and your ally is an orc. So he can go ground and protect you will you tech. And frosties will work better if you have a Death Knight with a few necros.

PsYcHoTiC

Premium Member
Reaction score
Frosty's are hugely strong, with splash damage and about 150 average dmg w/ full upgrades. Teching to them is foolish, yes, but mixing in 2 or 3 with your army can easily win the fight. Anyone who goes mass wyrms isn't likely to win. Unholy frenzied frost wyrms will tear apart any unit one on one

FP.Terion

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Frosty's are booring and expensive THEY SUCK HARD...!!!
Go whit Ghouls and Necro.s it's rules for a while then get abbs and Banshee... (FULL UPGRADE ON BANSHEE ONLY)

SEE U

The Lich King

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I like to make a fleet of them, but i know this is costly so I get my defenses up first and haunt a second gold mine. then i get some frost wyrms and attack and watch frosties die

jadyma

Member!
Reaction score
Fleshrippa (da pd guy) what is ur strat? u never responded!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
That guys afraid of me, he keeps saying that he wants to play me, yet hes always too tired, or quits when we start. I think hes scared to face me, i don't see why.

JaDyMa[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah I agree that like one frost wyrm with cold breath and no upgrades can help alot, but jsut one i hate hate frost wyrms they get raped by lil archers...dont even try to get frosties unless its a big long game but still only get 1...I hate frostwyrms...

Swooper

Respected Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I've tried mass frost worms before in a 2v2, and completely raped a level 12 with it. It can work, but you have to do it correctly.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Hey, 8 Spirit Towers kick FWs' butts. Archers fully upgraded can screw them as well. They're slow, slow to attack, lame, but you can't really fight without them. Strange FW...