To all the money mappers out there...

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Keep going at it and play the maps you love. Who cares what the ignorant non-money mapper has to say.

I find it so stupid that people inside BF and of course in BNET still condemn the use of money maps. Why do you do so? It requires skill, much like a non-money map, but it's on a different level, it's the same game, yes, but it requires a different technique of gaming.
A person so used to non-money maps wouldn't be able to handle the pace at which a money map operates. Then who is the newb?

People play money maps, for what i think, several reasons -
- The faster pace of the game.
- The more units the merrier.
- More room to build.
- Easy to learn.
- Quick resource collection.
- Unlimited resources.
- Backstabbing.

Now what's wrong with any of those (Besides backstabbing)? It's just like us playing non-money maps but we think we are a trillion times better then them because non-money maps don't have unlimited minerals and you have to manage your resources (Among other things) more efficiently.

I think you ignorant non-money mappers need to get over yourselves and stop be a bunch of asses. It's just like the act of racism, you are prejudice towards another human, because of their color (In this case, style of map).

Get over it.

PS> I hope some of you here who actually do insult ANYONE that posts a money map replay or even mentions the word money map would listen to what i said and not insult them because of what maps they play.
I hate it, and so does everyone else. I don't want to be a dictator, so i wont warn people or move/split posts that contain those insults (But it could be taken as flaming - which is a warnable offense outside of The Asylum).

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
A person so used to non-money maps wouldn't be able to handle the pace at which a money map operates. Then who is the newb?
By personal experience, a money mapper gets much more owned in a non-money map than a non-money mapper in money map.

The only thing I do not like in money maps is that you do not need any micro, besides some spell casting, and the macro is almost zero... That's the skills the money mappers do not have. Appart from that, controlling an hard army isn't easy either, but, still, I'll stick with the fact that normal maps are way better.

Nevertheless, I do not like to see people flaming money mappers just because they play money maps. It's a game, not a war... Everyone does it as they wish, and, for as much as I can, I'm willing to give them an help as they require it.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
Renzokuken said:
- More room to build.
- Easy to learn.
- Unlimited resources.
- Backstabbing.
You forgot blood. People build lots of hydras to kill all the other hydras to see the blood. Even if they don't notice it, blood is what amuses them.

I like money maps. But I tend to stay away from mass a player with 1 or 2 units. I'm tyring to incorporate using strategy. Like I said in one of my threads in the sc strategy, I was trying to decide if I should use devours or scourges. A strat pisses them off is mass them with hydras and ultras in their entrance. While they're are too busy watching the fight, I'm bring in 3 queens to their base and I parasite one of their workers and spawn broodlings the other.
<3 money

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Renzokuken said:
- More room to build.
- Easy to learn.
- Unlimited resources.
- Backstabbing.
People also play them for fun, too, which is also fine. I, personally don't if people enjoy playing on them(that's what the game for), but it's when people try giving advice based on playing $$ maps. THEN it becomes a problem.

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
The only thing I do not like in money maps is that you do not need any micro, besides some spell casting, and the macro is almost zero...
Your joking right? Well, zerg dont have to micro much, but other than that its pretty micro intensive.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Micro intensive? What do you mean? I actually fail to see it, I'm sorry.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
I've never microed anything but one zealot on a money map... I used it to attract mass hydras in the line of fire of mass siege tanks.... apparantly money maps are more of a massing map rather than micro. I remember when I used to flame people for playing money maps... what a newb I was lol.

I like Money maps for fun, never for public games.... just private with BF... unless I enter a 7v1 comp stomp to BS...

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
Micro intensive? What do you mean? I actually fail to see it, I'm sorry.
If you just use attack-move you likely lose over half your units if not all.

Try playing ZC map against decent players and you'll see that you do have to micro.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
But what do you mean, micro? You mean micro as in not allowing the units to go on line, but rather wait with the ones in the front line and then attack together? Or do you mean to move off the units under attack so they can live longer, and thus, increase your army firepower?

Ashigaru

Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't know there was more than one meaning for micro. I mean you have to micro in general. ie useing your casters things then moving them back, while reinforcing you units, usually in the mid of a zc map, making a drop along the side to attack the enemy.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i play muney maps to mess around :D hehe like tha game me trong and ryan did

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Making a distraction attack, then dropping him in the side is a macro battle in its whole, yes. Controlling the drop well (as in, do not let your dropship die, etc, even though in money map you usually don't have to worry about that, there are so many), spell casters are micro, too, etc.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
umm i just play them for fun with my friend. is that a crime?

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
WildfireFX said:
I play both. Who cares? A map is a map. You play games for fun, not so that somebody can tell you HOW to play.

ummm yes they do, remember all those ppl that keeps posting tips on how to win

aphextwin

Reaction score
money doesnt involve any skill waht so ever....... its just plain stupid, no expo, just macro and gg

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Akule said:
You dont have to micro at all on money maps. Its all just build build build send up through the middle build build. no strat. no micro.

You sound like the kid who goes mass Carriers and expects to win. Or mass hydralisks. It does require micro. A person who knows what he's doing with units like spellcasters can smoke people that just build. You like carriers? I like Hydralisks with Dark Swarm. ;) See my point Akule?

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
well someone that masses carriors has a very good chance of winning if it is against a someone, even if they are zerg. Not alot of players get dark swarm on money map.

Money maps do take less skill then non-money maps. Because with money maps you can get 10 gateways and not think twice about it. but with maps like LT you have to think about conserving and wondering if it will go long enough to where minerals count. That and the pace of money isnt as quick.