This might be old, but Steven Spielberg and starcraft?

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Jackie Chan was also given a thanks. The credits at the end of the game have a lot of interesting people in them, I took them out of the mpq archive, :D.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
yea theres a lot of weird thank yous

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
I like this, though:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217061/trivia

Specially this one:

#

# Starcraft first made use of the word "pwned", which is popular with Internet users. It came about when a map designer misspelled the word. Then the game was published with the error. When a player had been beaten, the message "______ has been pwned" appeared. This was corrected using patches but remained in the vocabulary of '1337' or 'leet' speakers.

:D

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
The Goliath hero, Allen Schezar, is named after a 'Guymelef' (mecha) pilot from the anime "Tenkû no Esukafurône" (1996).
i defeintly liek this one :p

L

Laharl

Who is Steven Spielberg anyways? I KNOW I've heard of him before, but I can't quite place where.

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
Big-Fat-Homo said:
Who is Steven Spielberg anyways? I KNOW I've heard of him before, but I can't quite place where.
He is an amazing movie director...(well at least he used to be)

He directed....

1) ET
2)Jurassic Park 1,2,3,
3) aLOT more that I cant remember....

L

Laharl

Sadly none of those movies are that good. Wait, did he make the movie "AI"? God, I hated that one.

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
TrongaMonga said:
# Starcraft first made use of the word "pwned", which is popular with Internet users. It came about when a map designer misspelled the word. Then the game was published with the error. When a player had been beaten, the message "______ has been pwned" appeared. This was corrected using patches but remained in the vocabulary of '1337' or 'leet' speakers.

:D
I've been telling people that for years, but no one would believe me. I remember that map, but I can't remember what it was called...

There's thanks to Carl Sagan, Rage Against the Machine, and a guy named Hung Nyugen, too.

"Hung," hehe..

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
dArKmIsChIeF said:

He directed....

1) ET
2)Jurassic Park 1,2,3,
He did NOT #2 and 3. Those were terrible movies.
But he was done a lot of great work. A LOT.

L

Laharl

I looked up the movies he did and the only one that I even remotely liked that I found was "War of the Worlds".

Octopor

your whole family is made of meat
Reaction score
dArKmIsChIeF said:

He directed....

1) ET
2)Jurassic Park 1,2,3,
He also directed A.I

And that movie was shit.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Jurassic park and The Lost world was directed by Spielberg, however Jurassic Park III was not.

Spielberg has directed some amazing Films, including historical based Saving Private Ryan, Schindler's List and Munich.

ET, Close encounters and War of the Worlds were also really alien movies directed by Spielberg. The first two have far more meaining to them then the last which is a big action alien movie.
Even Minority Report (also directed by spielberg) was nothing but an action movie still managed to have strong social and ethical questions attached to it.

AI lacked what Spielberg is good at, but the movie is by no means at all terrible. One of the Greatest directors ever basicly created the story. Some people I think expected something different out of it, but you have to be a complete idiot not to fully examine and comprehend the true meaning of the Movie. Stanley Kubrick by all means was a genious.

Other notable collaborations are Raiders of the Lost Arc, and The Last Crusade (with George Lucas) and is also noted as being incredibly good movies.

Finaly the greatest actor ever has appeared in Spielberg's Empire of the Sun. You might know him as Batman, but Christian Bale played a great part in that film, and it should be noted that the movie was really good.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one that really liked A.I.? That's one of the only movies I cried at the end of it...just me, but I really enjoyed it.