This game will die fast without PvP

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Just as FFXI is, this game needs a GOOD PvP system at launch, or a few weeks after launch, or people just WON'T play it. I'm not saying all the time PvP, or even a system like DAoC's *best PvP system know to date* but even just a server or two that lets you PvP. Anyone else think this? I dunno, theres something about an MMO without PvP that just drags it down...alot...

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I've seen the one specific server for PvP before... and I like that idea. But I'm sure Blizzard will come up with one of their kickass ideas for it.. I know there is somehow, because somewhere in the old Archives(I'll look it up in a sec.) it said that you can actually destroy the smaller towns, (nothing like Stormwind or Teldrassil)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by uFOO
ffxi is not dead, i play it and it is a great game, if you didn tknow- they will have pvp on ffxi.. as they say on www.playonline.com
FFXI lost over half its members within the first 3 months of the game comming out. And I know about the PvP they're putting in, but it's prolly gonna be too late.

FoxWar

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i played FFxi, hated it no pvp =/

its a childs game

Also WoW dont look great

Games Im guna probably play are Risk Your life or Lineage2

Above_70Percent

Member!
Reaction score
Website
ourworld.cs.com
i second on the pvp thing, competition is what makes a good game great.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
lol foxwar@banned
anyways, ffxi is a great game, its fine without pvp, i wouldnt be good anyways

i might play WoW instead though

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
PvE can only go on for so long. I know alot of people play MMO's solely for the PvP aspect, which is why DAoC is still one of the head MMO's out there (the PvP system on that game is quite possible THE BEST)

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
I know it will be. And guess what? I don't care. Neither will the other 250,000 members that quit the game already.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
ffxi is still one of the best mmorpgs out, can you play wow on ps2? no.

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
I think wow does have a sort of PvP, mostly invovling teams coming and and destroying whole cities of enemy races.... not toally sure tho.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by uFOO
ffxi is still one of the best mmorpgs out, can you play wow on ps2? no.
No, because Blizzard isn't that desperate for money like Square-enix is.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
square-enix isnt desperate for money..they make a lot of the final fantasy games and a lot of people buy them

Sakuhta

Reaction score
Originally posted by SouLeSS
No, because Blizzard isn't that desperate for money like Square-enix is.
Point #1: You are a ****tard, almost everything you've said in this thread has been bs.

Point #2: World of Warcraft does NOT need a PvP to survive. There is plenty of story line and quests to make us normal players keep on gamin.' PvP leads to a lot of BSing and people finding out how to hack so they can be better then their friends.

Point #3: Square made 2 million US dollars off of FFVII alone in 2001. The game came out in 1998. Desperate for money? Square and Enix are no doubt the two highest grossing gaming companies in the ****ing bussiness. Jesus man, know shit before you post it.

Andrew

Premium Member
Reaction score
couldnt have put it any better, of course if there is pvp, people who suck will look for hacks and a lot of confusion will arise

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Originally posted by sakuhta
Point #1: You are a ****tard, almost everything you've said in this thread has been bs.

Point #2: World of Warcraft does NOT need a PvP to survive. There is plenty of story line and quests to make us normal players keep on gamin.' PvP leads to a lot of BSing and people finding out how to hack so they can be better then their friends.

Point #3: Square made 2 million US dollars off of FFVII alone in 2001. The game came out in 1998. Desperate for money? Square and Enix are no doubt the two highest grossing gaming companies in the ****ing bussiness. Jesus man, know shit before you post it.
Point 1: Wow, way to go, get rid of that, cause almost none if any is BS

Point 2: It doesn't /need/ it persae, but it'll help it keep alive alot longer than without it

Point 3: Square is always has been and always will be a money grubbing ocmpany. FFX-2, FFVII:AC, and now the MMO? Please ;)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I have already played the alpha version of Wow (of course how I got it is my own business) and here is what I have to say about it:

1. So far, the battle system is great.

2. PVP has been implimented.

3. Ancients of War are quite large. ;)

IDefy

Reaction score
I don't like PvP especially in RPG's like d2. I can't stand duelers and ppl who solely play the game to "own newbs" and such. I'd rather just play it how I play d2 with no dueling what so ever.