Things you want/don't want

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Things you like from SC you want, and things you woulds hate for them to put in.
Things you like so far in SCII or things you don't.

I personally Like the warpray and Pheonix. I think the few shots of the Tempest look cool. I despise the Mothership, mostly because earlier this year CNC3 had a flying "build only one unit" called a mothership. I personaly think the reaver should be overhauled. I didn't really like the SC version. I think the Twilight Archon looks interesting, and should be the only "archon" unit in the game. SC:BW added the dark archon and while I liked the spells, the unit seemed unnecissary. Colossus: awesome. The Protoss warping is awesome, and I like what I see so far of the protoss for the most part.

I'm mostly looking foreward to the Terran. I would love the return in some way of the Firebat and the Medic. I feel that with the Addition of Reapers we can hope to see more infantry style units. I don't hink a Human army would ever remove the vital portion of a mobile infantry. Not in the CNC sense where they are pretty much useless through most of the game once you get some real metal, but units with some decent uses.
Additionally I'm thinking the Starships should be redone and expanded. Initaly the Battlecruiser is to small. However I think that leaves a Stronger Battleship open. I would like to see the return of the Wraith. Even more is I'd love a Valkyrie/Wraith Hybrid. I really liked the design of the Valkyrie and the missles. I figure the Science Vessel will get an overhaul. The EMP should at least be kept, since an EMP isn't general is a technology I see humans using. If anything a Nuke should emit an EMP. In terms of the Factory, the Tank I figured should be kept. I doubt the vulture and goliath will remain completely intact. The vulture's speed and spider-mine will probably be salvaged in some form. The Goliath is a fundamental Sci-fiction vehicle that will be kept, if not visibly upgraded to look cooler. It's function will probably remain the same.

Zerg I'm not concerned about. The Hive and Larva idea of unit production is unique and should be left in tact in some way. The main hatchery upgrade perhaps could have different upgrades. Additionaly differen't buildings should be new to avoid reuse of old and to create a need for different types of mutation of some buildings. Hydralisks are a meh in terms of returning. They will return probably, but hopefully upgraded. I hate ultralisks, so Zerg should get a cooler tier 3 unit. Guardians and Devourers should be removed, and let Mutalisks get some cooler morphs, open to ideas.
I liked how they inserted units in Broodwar. I think zerg would be awesome if it had a group of base units, which evolve further on the battlefield itself, similar to how the Lurkers, the Guardians, the Banelings are made. I refuse to entertain the "omg let zerg infest any building and they can build.." I always hear from people, it's just to retarded. The point of the Hybrids means that they cannot infest protoss on the battlefield, so don't let the zerg infest a protoss building, that is retarded.
I know it is unfeasable, but I always thought that if the Overlords were killed, and the Zerg lost the control provided to make more zerg units, what about current zerg units? Similar to removing the protoss power source removes the buildings power why not implement a zerg loses some control if to many overlords are murdered. And when I say overlord, I don't mean simply the flying unit. I mean maybe an upgraded control providing unit.

As for the Story, The Hybrids (luckily) may or may not appear according to some SCII developers. Seeing as how the original creators are pretty much not all around, that is a great Idea. I liked Duran being infested. interesting twist. I hated Duran being some super duper entity who duped everyone to morph zerg and protoss together and they are all over the sector. Gay.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
For story since Xel'naga is in the story i assume both hybrids and xel'naga will be like an unplayable race like the trolls and murlocks in wc3

i dont want to see Goliaths go but i would like to see what will replace them if they are

Zerg and terran air i liek to see something new.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
First off, I'm very pleased with almost everything Toss so far. Mothership seems a little excessive, but if it's done right it can work.

Terrans, I'm just interested in seeing how they match up with the Protoss. There have been a lot of innovative additions to the Protoss, and I'd like to see something equal but different apply with the Terrans. Mobility is obviously a high factor in SC2, and I think that all primary buildings should be mobile, except for Supply Depots (or their equivalents) or addons.

Zerg are my real interest. I want to see them finally get the respect they deserve. If they get rid of Guardians, they sure as HELL better put in something even cooler. Guardians were probably my favorite Zerg unit, and much tampering with them would really piss me off. Keep the Lurker as well, I love that damn thing with a passion, and I'd like it to have a weaker melee attack as well, just for the sake of defense when it's moving around.

A stronger air force for Zerg would be nice...in most games that went primarily air, the Zerg were at a heavy disadvantage against the powerful ships of the other two races. As well, similar to what Mike said, I'm interested in lots of new evolutionary stages. Zerg are very diverse and adaptable, and I'd love to have them have the highest variety of units of the three races, with each one fulfilling a sort of primary use similar to how other hive-minded creatures work. Make it so that like a true swarm, a large and effective Zerg army would require a variety of units to deal with any situation.

Also for Zerg, I like the concept of a Queen, but vastly different from the old version. I see a Queen as being a larger, fairly tough mobile Hatchery that can spawn only a particular type of unit, but can do so almost anywhere it sets up shop. If it deployed similar to how the Queens in Alien Vs Predator: Extinction did, it would be invaluable yet also balanced. It would also balance against the extreme mobility of the other two races.

I'm also toying with the idea of an air unit that attacks in a melee fashion against both ground and air. As well, I'm reallllly interested in the idea of a unit that can be either ground or air by changing modes similar to how a siege tank works, with the aerial version obviously being an upgrade. Naturally, it would be a melee fighter, and could only attack units that were the same type as it was, ground on the ground and air in the air.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
It is feesable. The Undead Gargoyle was a Air Meele unit which incidently had an ability to become a ground unit when it turned to stone to recover health. In terms of technology it is obviously possible.

Some also believe a terran dropship may now have to land to unload units. It would prevent the tank drops from being as effective, and from what I can tell things like phase prisms and nydus worms are making dropship type unis obsolete, so Terrans arn't the only ones losing this drop ability. Speculation of course.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Heroes for customs, or else it's going to be boring.

Benzur

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There definately has to be more dark templar... gotta love the assassin types.

betaalpha5

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i think the mothership is cool but like the carriers of brood war pretty useless in a real battle. watch as zerg send in hundreds of scourges to take it out.

i like the jet pack marines but i still think they should keep the firebats in someway. if something like dark swarm happens to them firebats are pretty much the only thing that can attack under one.

what i really want is for the stupid terran generals to get some common sense and stick a freaking .50 cal on top of it! HELLO just stick a gun up there. it doesn't have to be powerful just be able to shoot close by enemy. i know it will never happen but still seems kind of dumb.

Epidemic

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i want the food limit upped to like 300-350 ish...

i like the colossus. and the replacement for the dragoon looks cool.

the rest of hte protoss units aren't as innovative as i'd like them to be, especially aesthetically. the zealot spirte looks awkward.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
350 would be great, except it would probably like sticking a dynamite in your case. for most people anyway. Having like even a 6 player game that is 2000+units. imagine a 12 player game, that is up to 4200 unit on screen plus buildings, plus critters.