The most cost-efficient unit?

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
So, what is the most cost-efficient unit.

If you cannot understand what i am saying. Let me rephrase it - What unit gives you the most output (Kills, movement etc) for it's price?

I'd have to say Zerglings. You can march an army of those, fully upgraded very cheaply and still walk out happy with the result.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Medics. They did give quite a punch to the marines in BW, and can win you a battle. And cost as much as a firebat.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
I'd probably say hydralisk. One of the best anti-air units in the game plus, with a lot of em, you can take a base in seconds.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i was gonna say ling but sind e renzo did,ill say templars , (not dt)
because they cost low gold,n high gas although gas is most important,but still u cant pass up temps vs zerg they kill almost all zerg units in 1 storm

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Yes, I would have picked high templar but I realised most people put 3 templars in their attack. If you add the gas from the research, there goes 650 gas, right off the bat :-/.

Jiggy

IT'S A GOAT!
Reaction score
I gotta say zealot i mean those things are nuts and its not like there expensive compared to other basic units. the only real problem is the lack of air attack.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sword Tip
I'd probably say hydralisk. One of the best anti-air units in the game plus, with a lot of em, you can take a base in seconds.
My thoughts exactly. 75 minerals and 25 gas am I correct? As long as you have a strong supply line that's only 100 per unit. Which is a great freakin unit, especially focus fire in numbers. Hydras > God.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hydralisks. Cheap, great AA and in large groups can decimate pretty much anything. Carriers die if you FF the actual carrier. The only thing they have problems with is Psionic Storm, A nuke, or masses of zerglings IMO.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sakuhta
My thoughts exactly. 75 minerals and 25 gas am I correct? As long as you have a strong supply line that's only 100 per unit. Which is a great freakin unit, especially focus fire in numbers. Hydras > God.
One fully upgrading Zergling could almost kill one fully upgraded Hydralisk. One Zergling costs 25 minerals, three Zerglings cost one Hydralisk. So Zerglings > Hydras.

They have one major flaw, they can't hit air :p

aphextwin

Reaction score
actually...

mutaling > hydra
crackling > hydra

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah, but MutaLing is a combo. So that doesn't count.

And i already said that Cracklings > Hydras ;)

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by RyanXWing
Drone, SCV, Probe. THEY PAY FOR THEMSELVES!

lol true very true, i might say rines cuz they are cheap and they are very good in the begining

B)ushid(o

Reaction score
Marines. AA, cheap, and good when fully upgraded and stimmed. Marines are good support for any tactic. Marines can protect a seiged tank's flanks when doing a Tank Push, or for any time, really. Marines are ownage.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Originally posted by B)ushid(o
Marines. AA, cheap, and good when fully upgraded and stimmed. Marines are good support for any tactic. Marines can protect a seiged tank's flanks when doing a Tank Push, or for any time, really. Marines are ownage.
Add some Ghosts to use that skill they have on heavy air units( Carriers, BC's, or even Corsairs) I can't rememebr it's namr, and some medics to heal damage/stim damage and you've got a potent force.

K0r34n Jja Shik

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexowoman
One fully upgrading Zergling could almost kill one fully upgraded Hydralisk. One Zergling costs 25 minerals, three Zerglings cost one Hydralisk. So Zerglings > Hydras.

They have one major flaw, they can't hit air :p
Yea but thats 1on1. Hydras have range.

24 lings vs. 12 hydras, the hydras would win, only a few lings would get close enough to attack.

Zmoney

Reaction score
I'd Say Zerg ground period.....There dirt CHeap!

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by K0r34n Jja Shik
24 lings vs. 12 hydras, the hydras would win, only a few lings would get close enough to attack.
lings would still win since the lings surround the hydras. then there's the fact hydys do explosive dmg so lings take half.

24 lings doesn't = 12 hydras in terms of cost.