The Amazon thread

Nincompoop

Member!
Reaction score
Rogues? Ewwwww.... I can't even think of any other class that I would just hate to play.
Well.... lol -- that's probably because of the rogues in wow that make me feel that way.

They really need to bring back the amazon in some form or another...a character strictly based on the bow. The Amazon seemed to be the most popular class during the year or so i played Diablo 2...so i cant imagine them taking it out!
I don't know, when I played (not recently) the zon wasnt that popular, but they could be now =D

Amazons rock

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
how come no body talks about javzons ? :( bow sucks

oh and replenishing quiver skill.. that just sounds pretty dumb, if you find refilling quivers every games you join to be tedious...... =/ I mean arrows do drop pretty frequently in the game..

Nincompoop

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah I dont think arrows and arrow replenishing will be a problem, whatever they do it'll be convenient for the player.

Glowy

Premium Member
Reaction score
In 09 zons were the top dog if you guys don't remember...and it was even considered unfair when zons wore that ammy that had a chance to curse you with amp dmge....But I always liked the ranged class's. I love kiting. It kinda takes skills to be a good kiter. And makes for a more interesting game play then standing and whacking away. But I guess I'm talkin about another game instead of d2 where its spam multi till they dead thing. Only thing I'm concerned about is guided arrow. The staple of zons skills. IF they don't have that I just don't know what I'm gonna do. O yea *prays for nec*

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I tried an amazon recently, i went bow because my Barb is already my melee character. It's sooo annoying, if you misclick your attack and click the ground and not the mob (Sand Leapers and Fallen MOVE SO FREAKING FAST SOMETIMES) you end up walking towards it. I could hold shift and spam left click, but that isn't fun.

**** amazons.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Hence the use of skills rather than basic bow attacks. You know, the ones that just shoot at wherever you click rather than walk you that way? Magic Arrow ftw.

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
I tried an amazon recently, i went bow because my Barb is already my melee character. It's sooo annoying, if you misclick your attack and click the ground and not the mob (Sand Leapers and Fallen MOVE SO FREAKING FAST SOMETIMES) you end up walking towards it. I could hold shift and spam left click, but that isn't fun.

**** amazons.
Setting attack to right click might do the job. Have attack set to both left and right clicks. ^_^

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Stupid question, but I've played so many RPGs lately where the systems are different...

Ranged weapon damage (such as bows) is affected by what stats? Is it Dex or a combination of Dex and Str?

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
Ah, yes. Discovered this. Playing with a 1.10 Bowazon. So far, Lv8 (or 9, not sure) and RAPING on /players 8.

RazeTheRuler

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I really hope that the arrows etc. will be unlimited. Had such a drag with them in D2, the only reason I felt amazon was annoying to play :p

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, in-verse the Rogue is a dedicated archer, their Sightless Eye schtick amplifies their capabilities. Amazons, in contrast, are much more multi-skilled and seem to be "jack of all trades" in capabilities.

All in all, simply for nostalgia's sake I'd like the Rogue back. And if she does...infinite arrows, baby.:D