Terran Waypoints

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
I had always thought it was common sense when using Terran to give SCVs waypoints after they finish building to repair units, or mine more minerals, until I noticed a few friends I play with a lot not doing that.

Just curious if most of you guys use SCV waypoints for more than just repairing and moving. :p

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
On the rare occasions I play this race, yeah. I use waypoints for toss(warp a building and then return to mining), too. I'm not sure how zergs use waypoints, though. I can't figure out a way other than scouting and burrowing lings around the map. Is there a way for toss to use waypoints for warping in multiple buildings then return to mining? Probably not, but I figured I'd just ask.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Yes, it immediatly makes it burrow. Waypoint is for moving and attack, or in the case of the workers, build/repair then move, attack or gather. Yes, I do it very often.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
coRtALoS said:
No, just like you can't waypoint an SCV to build multiple buildings. :p

And did you just imply you can waypoint a Ling to scout/burrow? I thought if you hit 'U', it immediately makes it burrow, whether you're holding shift or not.

Yeah, lings do burrow immediately. I wait until they reach their destinations then press 'u'. Either manually or by hotkeying the lings and press 'u'.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I've never used a waypoint with a probe or scv before :( probably because I don't play Protoss or Terran :p although I use waypoints constantly with Zerg.. for getting strategic positions on the map while avoiding enemy bases/expansions mostly.. and usually with air. I don't really see a useful purpose for waypointing drones.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, with zerg, what I do is to grab a newborn overlord, send him to a part of my base, and waypoint him to patrol to other point of the base. Kinda like what computer does. Quite handy versus splash air units ;)

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I usually set up the patrol without the waypoint, but that's a pretty good time saver :).