Tempest out, Carrier back in

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://sc.gosugamers.net/news/blizzcon_sc2_is_amazing

:(

I kinda sad to see them go, actually. I've already warmed up to the idea of tempest having no air shield. It would've been interesting to see protosses show their they're true colors(once again) and adapt and improvise. Oh well. No need for wary rays, anymore. Carrs should at least look like tempests.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
that makes 2 scraped toss units
i dont really like the salvage idea, but i always wanted a flying starport :D

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I'm pissed. I ****ing hated carriers. Tempest actualy looked kick ass, and would provide a great airship. I don't see why keeping the tempest as was, but just putting back intercepters. That would have kicked ass. Now all the whiny protoss players get what they want.

Salvage is a great idea. Same how the Undead had unsummon. Only thing is getting back 100% of your resources is going to make it less of a strategic decision. Losing resoures makes it less of a rash decision and more of a strategic decision.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm pissed. I ****ing hated carriers. Tempest actualy looked kick ass, and would provide a great airship. I don't see why keeping the tempest as was, but just putting back intercepters. That would have kicked ass. Now all the whiny protoss players get what they want.

Oh STFU, you got rid of the soul hunter due to your ****ing whining. With all those damn unnessary terran air units along with all that damn siege units,(along with too much detection) carrs will be needed all the more now. In BW, carrs were almost necessary break T pushes. If terrans didn't want to deal with carriers so much maybe you ****** ass terran players should stop hiding behind behind siege mode, spider mines and ****ing missile turrets. Terran players SUCK.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Oh STFU, you got rid of the soul hunter due to your ****ing whining.
First off, where the hell did the Soul Hunter come into this. I liked the soul hunter, but if you actually knew anything about me, than you would know that

With all those damn unnessary terran air units along with all that damn siege units,(along with too much detection) carrs will be needed all the more now.
You mean how there is only one Anti-air air unit now, replacing both Valkyries and Wraiths and doesn't even have cloak AND which also replaces the Goliath, Terrans best ground to air unit. Or the fact that the Missile Turrets no longer have detection, and a separate structure is needed. Not to mention Immortals can take the Siege tank fire, and Colossus can step around any defense a terran can produce.

In BW, carrs were almost necessary break T pushes. If terrans didn't want to deal with carriers so much maybe you ****** ass terran players should stop hiding behind behind siege mode, spider mines and ****ing missile turrets. Terran players SUCK.
Of course why not stop using siege tanks and spider mines, the only thing that can make a Terran win against a protoss. First off we are talking about SCII, and not BW. I was talking about my distaste for a unit which only requires attack move for the average player against an average player to win, where the unit priority and static defense priority targets little piece of shit interceptors instead of the actual carriers. That is my problem with Carriers. At least the terrans one Air assault unit could have taken a shieldless tempest, no now it has to be a carrier.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
werent tempests the same as carriers with ground shield?

anyways sweet <3 carriers

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
werent tempests the same as carriers with ground shield?

anyways sweet <3 carriers
yep, carriers should get something new added to them imo

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
yep, carriers should get something new added to them imo
in all honesty.. i dont really see the necessity in taking out the "tempests" because they seemed pretty much the same hting as carriers...

L

Laharl

Carriers > Tempest.

Good job, Blizzard. You cut the crap, removed a second useless unit.

L

Laharl

In that case, still unhappy. I hate the shield system. It's stupid.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
In that case, still unhappy. I hate the shield system. It's stupid.
you do realize they got shield system in brood war as well.. its just.. tempest doesnt have shields against air attacks, only against ground.. (thats what I got out of tempest's description)

L

Laharl

I'm aware. But the half assed shields are completely unprotoss in nature.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm aware. But the half assed shields are completely unprotoss in nature.
then why arent you complaining about immortals?

or were you doing that already?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
then why arent you complaining about immortals?

or were you doing that already?
he already has. Apparently it "doesn't make sense" that protoss would make a unit with extremely powerful shields.

L

Laharl

It makes no sense that they would leave them completely unprotected against other air craft. Or, against more... mild attacks.

See, this is what happens when you let some random jackoff direct a sequel to an already existent game.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I've said it once and i'll say it again. You care too much. If you're not going to play a game based on stuff like that, then you seriously have issues.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
It makes no sense that they would leave them completely unprotected against other air craft. Or, against more... mild attacks.

See, this is what happens when you let some random jackoff direct a sequel to an already existent game.
Look at it this way. Perhaps the logic is more along the lines of "We must sacrifice our defenses against the airborne threat in order to to greatly enhance our defenses against the landwalkers. Our shield generators only have so much energy output, and the steadily-growing threat of the landbound legions of our enemies is of a higher priority. We must serve as a vanguard cliff upon which for the seas of our enemies' terrestrial hordes to break. Our brothers in the skies can defend us from the enemy fleets. WE will cut through the ground forces like a Zealot's blade."

I mean seriously. It's not like Carriers are MEANT to be alone. The whole thing behind the Protoss is that it's a FLEET, not just a flotilla of the same ship. Just like it's the Zerg SWARM, and they always did well with varied types of units in an attack. I'd be willing to bet that Carriers with a flight of Phoenixes for AA backup would be a force to reckon with.

L

Laharl

That makes mild amounts of sense, as many protoss units do have fairly heavy specialization. IE: Zealots and have weaknesses based on it.