who would win?

• Tauren Cheiftain pwnz!11

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Crypt Lord is da bomb..

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

Kuro Neko

Reaction score
Alright, now a fair 1v1 fight against the two, give your opinions. :)

Edit: meh..spelled "who" wrong in the poll.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Crypt lord. impale, armor, beetles, locust is great.

ill post stats and shits in a few minutes

~edit~ fixed

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I think, based on no research whatsoever, that the crypt lord would win. Impale would cause problems and with that armor....man it would be ownage. And to top it off, Locusts would own...unless the TC ran away.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
and Crypt lord has impale. it evens our, plus if u can get maybe 5 dead bodies that is 5 beetles to help out. and 12 armor? thats just amazing

Kaldaris

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Spiked armor nonetheless, I had thought about this as a hero matchup, but its obvious the Crypt Lord would win, even in the Chieftan has reincarnate.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Crypt Lord would win if TC didn't have Reincarnate. With endurance Aura TC has enough speed to easily get away from the swarm thingy. Stomp and that wave majig are also quite strong.

TC wins easy =)

UltimateJim

Member!
Reaction score
ok, no units are around, TC would win, ITS 1v1!!! the tc could stomp, but oh no!! the CL impaled!!! then the cl uses locusts, kills the tc, tc comes back, stomps and waves and he would own

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
Originally posted by Serial Thriller
Crypt Lord would win if TC didn't have Reincarnate. With endurance Aura TC has enough speed to easily get away from the swarm thingy. Stomp and that wave majig are also quite strong.

TC wins easy =)
na, u see, the swarm thing takes up nearly the whole screen, and while you try to run away, the lord impales you, lets the locus tear away at your skin, and get healed in the process. all the cheiftain can do is stomp and wave. Did you guys forget that the spiked carapace returns damage? cuz that just burns up the cheiftain as well as give the lord some extra defence.

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
CL all the way

impale, ok damage, but what we are looking at here is the stun. the stun makes the locust even more usefull, plus you can prolly attack about 2/3 times while hes stunned.
spiked, give armor, less damge, and returns damage, hurt TC even more.
bettles, no use in 1vs1, but lvl 3 is about as stong as a foot man! thats 5 free units in normal games!
locust, does damage, and heals, impales makes running even harder, plus it covers most of the screen, so running is still useless.

now the TC

war stop, stun, but what use is it? only good for a couple extra attacks.
wave, does damage... thats about it.
endurance aura, gives speed, and attack rate. attacks faster=more hits=more damage, useful
reincarnate, brings back to life. sure, its usefull, but the CL still has locust, which brings his health back up alot also.

looks like it would be close... but the CL would still win

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by thebastardsword
na, u see, the swarm thing takes up nearly the whole screen, and while you try to run away, the lord impales you, lets the locus tear away at your skin, and get healed in the process. all the cheiftain can do is stomp and wave. Did you guys forget that the spiked carapace returns damage? cuz that just burns up the cheiftain as well as give the lord some extra defence.
Ya, the armor would cause a lot of trouble with the TC. At level 3 it adds 7 bonus armor to the already 5, that is 12 armor!! And the armor also returns damage...making it all the more potent. Beetles would be useless here, since it is a 1v1. With the armor it would make the crypt lord have 2x more armor than the TC + 35% of the TC's damage would be returned to it. I think that alone would be ownage.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Significantly? The movement speed of the TC is increased I think to 280 with aura, but that means the CL is..... nvm.....

The TC is boring though. Tough, but slow to attack and the armor for such a hero sucks. And such a huge collision size means easy targets for stuff.

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
1 vs 1, CL would win. A ranged stomp, high armor, personal thorns aura, and an ultimate that returns HP, the TC just won't cut it, even with reincarnation.

FuZi0N

Member!
Reaction score
the swarn follows the CL, even if TC runs away, were wont be an escape, the CL is a Tank hero..... he has heaps of HP and armour well that speaks for its self....... spiked carpace= 45%dmg return to TC..... thats about 30 dmg at least done back to him+ the CL's attck and thats about 50-70 dmg on TC with 1 hit!! if we are talking about 1v1 hero then bettles would be useless cause there wont be any dead bodies..... but they wont change the outcome of the battle that much. I personally like the CL as a second hero never first, but if you get him on those high lvls = CaRnAgE!!!

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
People forget shockwave. It's a good damagin spell if you use it correctly. I am not sure and basing on a complete guess to say that TC would attack and move faster with the aura than the CL. The fact that spiked carapace returns damage is the problem... if I had to take a guess I'd say CL barely.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by FuZi0N
the swarn follows the CL, even if TC runs away, were wont be an escape, the CL is a Tank hero..... he has heaps of HP and armour well that speaks for its self....... spiked carpace= 45%dmg return to TC..... thats about 30 dmg at least done back to him+ the CL's attck and thats about 50-70 dmg on TC with 1 hit!! if we are talking about 1v1 hero then bettles would be useless cause there wont be any dead bodies..... but they wont change the outcome of the battle that much. I personally like the CL as a second hero never first, but if you get him on those high lvls = CaRnAgE!!!
35% damage return, not 45%.

http://www.battle.net/war3/undead/units/cryptlord.shtml