T~ Restoration

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Does anyone here actually uses it? I guess I only use it in late PvP, because of Irradiate and Lockdown. Other than that, only if we have a Parasiting Zerg player.

amrtin77

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ive never used it.... never thougrht to. even when parasited ill usually kill the unit or use it to scout... if its a unit i dont want dead i just keep him away from anthing important.

it is a good idea to use to help high lvl units, but i never think to research it.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Research Restoration 100 100
Cost: 50
With the introduction of nano-conveyed anesthetic and attenuated laser technology, surgery has made amazing advancements. The death rate resulting from the emergency removal of foreign objects or alien viruses is at an all-time low, making such treatment in the field routine.

The Medic may use this ability on any unit to remove harmful effects such as Lockdown, Optic Flares, Irradiate, Devourer Acid Spores, Plague, Ensnare and Parasites (does not affect Stasis Field).

Restore is useful in removing permanent and damaging effects. Removing Parasites is one of the best uses of this ability as Parasites give away critical strategic information. Removing the effects of Optic Flare is another very good use of Restoration. Terran opponents might be less inclined to use Optic Flare against you knowing you have Medics of their own, but if they do use the ability, Restoration is available to quickly counter it.

Restore does not affect an area effect, meaning that affects a single target per use. If you want to counter the effects of an area effect abilities (Plague, Ensnare, Maelstrom) you must do it one unit at a time.

Unlike Healing, Medics do not restore automatically. This is by design. You must direct the Medic to Restore the affected targets.

Restoration is the best counter to Lockdown. For only 50 energy you can instantly remove the effects of Lockdown. Because Medics are ample, much more so than Ghosts, this is a very cost effective counter to this particularly disabling effect. Having Medics might discourage enemy Terran players from using this ability against you.

Restoration can instantly remove the effects of Irradiate. This is a little known fact that you can use to your advantage if you are provided the opportunity (i.e. having Medics near to cast Restoration)

Restoration can remove the Devourer's Acid Spores. Use Restoration to prevent the enemy from using Devourers to their advantage.

If you have enough Energy, Medics have the potential to remove the effects of area attack effects such as Plague, Ensnare and Maelstrom. If you are going to try this, target larger and costlier units first then work your way down the rest of the units. Unless you're under attack, it's easier to wait until the effects of Maelstrom and Ensnare wear off. Plague, however, does serious damage to units so remove it as quickly as possible.

You cannot use Restoration on Defensive Matrix or Stasis Field.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i havn't really used it. since mostly we only use rines and bats near the begining and then tanks and wraiths near the end.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I would use it, if my opponent was one of those annoying Zerg players. But then again i'm a Protoss player =/

Restore helps against plague too, so i'd research it if it was TvZ.

amrtin77

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hmm... if it works against plauge, can you use it on a building? ive never thought to use a medic on a building.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
No, you can't use it on a building, only on units. Eh, why not using mind control on a build as well? Sure would own on money maps :D

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Plaguing m&m is fun. It works so quickly that meds run out of energy trying to heal everything, unless you're really quick at using restoration.

aphextwin

Reaction score
i would use restore, but im too lazy to use it.....

Bink

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Maelstrom dosn't last long enough to bother using restore.

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If terran went bio, I'd storm them instead of maelstrom.