~~SW:EP3 Spoiler Alert!~~ It was pretty goood....

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
SW:EP3 SPOILER ALERT!

STAR WARS EPISODE 3...

spoiler alert

you sir are a dumbass if you didnt know what that meant

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
just saw it:

There are so many tie-ins to the last three movies.
the wookies annd chewbaca. The "galactic empire" the destruction of the republic. Anakin turning to darth Vader. Both Luke and Laia and thier mother's death. Along with Obi-wan, and Yoda and the whole thing with imortality after death. So many other small subtle hints and clues the movie truely was great.

BTW it's operation 66.

cxoli

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
cxoli.net
After seeing the other five movies, how is it not possible to know that Palpatine is the Emperor and all the Jedi are killed besides Yoda and Obi-wan @_@? Do Palpatine's creepy stares and Obi-wan's statement of "Darth Vader hunted down and killed the Jedi" not make it clear enough?

Anyway I want to see it, but god knows how long it'll be before I get the chance to :/

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How did Chewie and Han meet? :(

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Emolite said:
and general grevious kills teh jedi too!
General grievious was a great character, bot visualy and in his demenor.

As for the rest of the cast, the actors sucked, but hey, this is a tradition in SW movies. When vader delivered his scream when he learned he had "killed" is wife, I wanted to cry out of pity, not for him, but for the sucking actor. It could have been a truly great cinema moment if it would have been well orchestrated.

The fight scenes were cool, not as much as in the matrix, but not bad. At the exception of yoda vs the emperor, because this one was well done.

My favorit moment was when anakin attemped to kill his own wife.

The soundtrack wasn't even remotly remarkable. Its a shame.

And whats with the horribly dream sequence ? Lucas had illimited ressources for special effects, and this is the best he could have done ? Christ...

And damnit, the transitions betwen scenes, what was up with that ? Its like a God damned powerpoint presentation.

Conclusion : In the category of Big Cheesy Commercial Holywood Scify Movies, The Matrix is still number one.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
HAHAHA this thread is funny. ima watch it when the dvd comes out

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Matrix fights scenes are good, but after #2 and # 3 I can say that the Matrix as a trilogy sucks major nuts.

As a stand alone, matrix holds it's own against Star wars, but ultimately Starwars had better fight scenes.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Lights said:
How did Chewie and Han meet? :(
Han was an Imperial solider, on his way to becomming a general, and he saw Chewie getting the shit beat outta, Han interviened, which was against Imperial code. Han was dismissed, Chewie stuck around with him, as the Wookie Life Debt policy.

Something like that, it's in the Han Solo trilogy

PauseBreak

Reaction score
WTF!! He did state their were spoilers in the title.

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SouLeSS said:
Han was an Imperial solider, on his way to becomming a general, and he saw Chewie getting the shit beat outta, Han interviened, which was against Imperial code. Han was dismissed, Chewie stuck around with him, as the Wookie Life Debt policy.

Something like that, it's in the Han Solo trilogy
I dont know, in M III, the fight for zion and the last battle in the Matrix, were pretty intense. But I agree that jedi vs sith own smith vs neo. Those battles from SW where more coordinated, and better done visualy.

But as a whole, caracters in the Matrix triology have more presence, were tridimentional and were generaly more professionaly interpreted than in starwars.

B~E

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
By the palpatine vs the jedis fight ? Why, I though it wasn't that bad, considering they had to make an old 80 years old guy look like a fighting machine.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
heres my reason BE: There were four jedi masters who serve on the jedi council, its unrealistic that he would have eliminated 3 in 30 seconds. I'm not saying SW is realistic, but that, in the context of the movie, isnt possible.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
The Final Vulture said:
heres my reason BE: There were four jedi masters who serve on the jedi council, its unrealistic that he would have eliminated 3 in 30 seconds. I'm not saying SW is realistic, but that, in the context of the movie, isnt possible.
How is it unrealistic? Is it not true that the Sith lords genrealy are more powerful than the Jedi? Not to mention Palpatine would have considerable skill, sith powers and if you noticed his attack on the four was sudden. Darth Maul found it considerably easy to take on two jedi at once, and he was but an apprentice.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Hello "Force Freeze." Go read some of the cannon EU books for more info if you're still confused. Windu simply had a high enough resistance to the dark side that he wasn't effected by it much

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
It wasn't just the fact that he was more powerful. The good side of the 'force' was also losing it's strength. Hence why Yoda and Samuel L Jackson's character's couldn't perceive what was going to happen. The dark side had already began to tip the balance in it's favor.

Another thing, the darkside will allows have more apparent strength, when doesn't evil. Evil's cruel , ruthless, and its goes by any means to get what it wants done. If you watch the movies and actually pay attention to some of the things in the movie. Like anakin was already showing signs of unruliness, and lack of strict presence to himself. Him turning which i'm assuming happens (duh, what else would happen in the movie, but i haven't seen it yet.), was just the balance tipping once again toward the darkside.

It's not until Luke, the 'chosen' one. Comes again, that they balance begins to be even again. Hence why Obiwan and Yoda went into hiding, to make sure that the Jedi Prophecy could come true. Again, this is only my opinion on the subject, and i haven't yet seen the movie. Also, we all do know what happens. If you've watch any of the movies you know.

About how Palpatine kept it from the jedi's, he was the Sith lord the entire time. Keep your friend closer, and your enemies closer? Ever heard that. Where else to begin, but with those that are your worst enemies. I know that's where i'd want to hid out. He was just living a double life. I hope that helps clear some things up.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It wasn't unrealistic that he took on 4 Jedi, I wasn't surprised at all. However, I wish it would have lasted longer. I was really looking forward to that fight from the previews...

I'm just sooooo glad Windu got pwned. I hated that guy.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
-Louis- said:
It wasn't just the fact that he was more powerful. The good side of the 'force' was also losing it's strength. Hence why Yoda and Samuel L Jackson's character's couldn't perceive what was going to happen. The dark side had already began to tip the balance in it's favor.

Another thing, the darkside will allows have more apparent strength, when doesn't evil. Evil's cruel , ruthless, and its goes by any means to get what it wants done. If you watch the movies and actually pay attention to some of the things in the movie. Like anakin was already showing signs of unruliness, and lack of strict presence to himself. Him turning which i'm assuming happens (duh, what else would happen in the movie, but i haven't seen it yet.), was just the balance tipping once again toward the darkside.

It's not until Luke, the 'chosen' one. Comes again, that they balance begins to be even again. Hence why Obiwan and Yoda went into hiding, to make sure that the Jedi Prophecy could come true. Again, this is only my opinion on the subject, and i haven't yet seen the movie. Also, we all do know what happens. If you've watch any of the movies you know.

About how Palpatine kept it from the jedi's, he was the Sith lord the entire time. Keep your friend closer, and your enemies closer? Ever heard that. Where else to begin, but with those that are your worst enemies. I know that's where i'd want to hid out. He was just living a double life. I hope that helps clear some things up.
Your reasoning is flawed. In the fight, 4v1, the sith had not yet tipped the balance of the force in their favor, Palpitine was the only sith. It was not till the end of the battle when mace was killed that a second sith had arisen. Here is another question to ponder, if the 'chosen one' is to bring balance to the force, why did jedi's seek him. Since Jedi's already had the upper hand, why would they be interested in balancing it? In my view, Luke isn't the chosen one, Vader is. He made the sides of the force equal; two jedi, two sith.

@Lights, what do you have against Mace Windu, the greatest jedi fighter of all time? Also, he didn't get pwned, he kicked the emporer's ass, only thanks to Anakien did he survive.