~~SW:EP3 Spoiler Alert!~~ It was pretty goood....

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
The Jedi didn't have the upper hand. It clearly states that in the first two movies. Unfortunatly, most people don't see anything in the first two other than shittyness. Palpatine was just a MAJOR sith lord the jedi coucil had been after for ages. Again, if you watch it, the 3 jedi masters that die almost instantly don't react. They are held under a power called "Force Freeze" -- It basically allows the user to move faster than normal, causing the others to basically freeze with reaction --

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SouLeSS said:
The Jedi didn't have the upper hand. It clearly states that in the first two movies. Unfortunatly, most people don't see anything in the first two other than shittyness. Palpatine was just a MAJOR sith lord the jedi coucil had been after for ages. Again, if you watch it, the 3 jedi masters that die almost instantly don't react. They are held under a power called "Force Freeze" -- It basically allows the user to move faster than normal, causing the others to basically freeze with reaction --
Yes, he is a major sith, but is Yoda not a major jedi? The two balance each other out in power, and Obi Wan and Darth Vader(In his untrained condition) are about equal in power. I also gathered from you other post that the reason he killed them is due to force freeze. Still, any thoughts on the 'chosen' one(s)?

OMGLOLWTFPWN

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That was the most backflips I've ever seen a 103 year old do...

The movie was good, I laughed when yoda walked in a owned the emperor's two guards, and again when he got tossed across the room, looked like palpatine threw a stuffed animal at the wall. Adi Ki Mundi's death was pretty funny too.

I have to say that vader vs. obi wan was far better then the matrix.

Tipsy

Respected Member
Reaction score
The chosen one was supposed to bring balence to the force by destroying the sith. When Obi-Wan is fighting Anakin at the end he shouts (***SPOILER***): "You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy the Sith, not join them!" (***END SPOILER***) And if that is the case, Anakin/Vader is the one who kills Emperor Palpatine in the last movie, when he throws him over the railing in the Emperor's throne room.

All in all, I think the whole Star Wars series is great, it is the story of of Faust and Mephistopheles of our generation. Not to mention the whole biggest opening in history.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yea, but i still dont see how that is balance. The sith got eliminated, darth vader dies, trilogy ends. Balance is when there is an equal amount. Lucas is a bullshit artist.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Remember, Yoda said in epsiode III that the prophecy may be misinterpreted. So don't take it in the literal sense of the world which you are.

There is somehting I noticed. First off, Anakin is like Jesus. Born without a father, by a poor mother!? At the same time there is a great empire that was once a Republic(Rome).

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol, nicely done, all these movies, sw matrix ect are throwing in religous idealogies in now a days. its pure bullshit.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
The Final Vulture said:
Yes, he is a major sith, but is Yoda not a major jedi? The two balance each other out in power, and Obi Wan and Darth Vader(In his untrained condition) are about equal in power. I also gathered from you other post that the reason he killed them is due to force freeze. Still, any thoughts on the 'chosen' one(s)?
Yoda is a major jedi, yes. Thats why neither one of them won in the battle scene towards the end of the movie.

Anakin was stronger than Obi Wan. It was just his arrogance and lust for power that almost got him killed. Just like every other Sith out there.

Anakin is still the chosen one. It won't change. He joined the Sith, and they ended up ruling for a while. At the end of Episode VI, Anakin kills Palpatine. This is his act of balancing the force. Had he lived, and not taken his mask off and choose death the force would be truely balanced. All the other Jedi were dead, mind Luke. All the other sith were dead mind Anakin.

Anakin dies, the jedi now rule over the sith. It's all one big circle if you actually look at it.

:grunt

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I didn't really like how the badass General Greivous will killed off so fast. For god sakes, 4 Lightsabers at most he can have. One deadly opponent. Plus, the fact Yoda just moves his hand and two guards fall

The Final Vulture said:
thoughts on the 'chosen' one(s)?
Luke Skywalker is the real chosen one.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Also like to point out the entire empire reflects Hitler and the Nazis.

First off, big hint is the "storm troopers" were so named in Starwars, as that is what the Nazi called them also. Emperor used fear of a threat from within and racial attacks like Hitler. Hitler made alot of "liberties" to eliminate communists in Germany which ironicly was very few yet he exercised alot of power for this. also the elimination and prosecution of the jedi mirrors that of the Jews.

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Hellwolf_36 said:
I didn't really like how the badass General Greivous will killed off so fast. For god sakes, 4 Lightsabers at most he can have.

Luke Skywalker is the real chosen one.
Grevious shouldn't have been able to tune 4 lightsabers that well. He was part droid. Anyone that knows anything about StarWars EU knows that to conrol a lightsaber, one must be able to shape and harness it. This is why they magically stop. It generally comes second nature, but to be able to do it with four would be near impossible. If you read any of the clone war novels, or knew anything about Grevious, you'de know that he was truely a coward. He only saught to fight battles where he would win without contest, and where he would have a huge upper hand.

Luke wasn't the chosen one, Anakin was.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah, I did notice Grevious went for the cruddy Jedi in the Clone Wars. Then he fights a real jedi and he gets beaten to a burning heap of trash. The only parts that Grevious has that are organic are his eyes, brain, and his spine (I don't think his heart was real).

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Hellwolf_36 said:
Yeah, I did notice Grevious went for the cruddy Jedi in the Clone Wars. Then he fights a real jedi and he gets beaten to a burning heap of trash. The only parts that Grevious has that are organic are his eyes, brain, and his spine (I don't think his heart was real).
Wasn't his heart visible when Obi-wan exposed his chest? I just finished the movie a few hours ago.

I knew about Force Freeze (from KOTOR rather than from any Star Wars EU), and I kinda assumed that's what happened to the other three jedi, but I was a bit disappointed... after watching the previews, I was really anticipating an awesome battle. Even the fight between Palpatine and Windu wasn't all that impressive.

However, I thought that the fight between Obi-wan and Anakin was good. Very entertaining, at least. I was interested to see exactly how Anakin became so grotesque... I figured he got burnt, but I didn't know he had four mechanical limbs.

Overall, the one thing that really impressed me about this movie was the graphics. The attention to detail and special effects truly separated this movie from the first two; real things and CG things were barely discernable.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Master_America said:
Wasn't his heart visible when Obi-wan exposed his chest? I just finished the movie a few hours ago.
Yeah it was, then Obi Wan blasted it with 2 blaster shots. I think that heart didn't really look organic, I think it was cybernetically created, thus making Grevious a cybernetic organsim

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
Hm... I may be wrong, but it definitely looked organic. It was beating, and it was the first thing that made me realize what General Grevious actually was. I can't remember anything from Episode Two (was Grevious in that one?), but before I saw the heart, I thought he was entirely a droid.

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Final Vulture, you seem to think that just because there are an equal number of Jedi to sith, that everything is equal. This isn't true, don't you remeber the conversation between Mace Windu and Yoda in episode two i belive, when they spoke about a shadow being over the force, and that they were unable to prophicize the future, and/or tell what's going to happen. That's not with a bunck of even number, there were a helluva lot more Patawans, and Jedi then sith lords and such. Strength doesn't always come in numbers. :)

It can be said that Luke and Anakin are the chosen one. If not for luke, Darth Vader(anakin) wouldn't have killed the emperor in the 6th movie. So, is luke the chosen one for bringing his father back to the good side? Or is Anakin the chosen one for actually doing the deed. One without the other, would never have accomplished what they did.

The statement about the prophecy, lol. That's really funny. I've read this series called. "The Sword of Truth' There's a shit load of books, but the main point, is that throught the entire serious there are certain propechies that need to be fullfilled, and they try and go one way with them, and when that doesn't work, they thinks all is lost. Yet almost the -exact- opposite happens and the propechy is still fullfilled. People interperate things a whole lot different. (yes my spellings bad, its late, and i'm heading to bed. )

I can't wait to see the movie, and planto within the next week. I personally love it when good turns evil. They are always the best evil. :).

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, I just got back from seeing it. Needless to say I loved it but I was also a bit disappointed. The battle between Grevious and Obi-Wan was really a downer. I wanted to see atleast 10 minutes of light saber clashing against 4 other lightsabers. Anakin and Obi-wans battle was awesome, I liked the music that was played during it. (I intend to get it, since it sounded darker then The last two episodes dramatic jedi deul musics did.) as well as a new avatar of Anakin when they are fighting in the lava. (Hopefully.)

My favoruite part is when Lord Sidious was tossing the disks at Yoda in the largegallatic relations room, or whatever you want to call it. The music and suspense during that part really got me going because of how Yoda moved and evaded the disks. Then Yoda repelled the force lightning sent by Lord Sidious, which I also thought was cool. Definateky worth seeing. Anyone know where I can get the music? :)

Firebat

Member!
Reaction score
It was the first time i laughed in a starwars movie, the stuff that R2D2 did *giggle*

oh artoo, your so silly

DeadLocked

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Hmm, i was wondering, can't we just sticky one of these episode III threads so that, we don't have a billion of them?