Story

Kuzmich

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The bullets were flying everythere, our command told us to stay still and we did. Last 20 hours were full of pain, and to think that just 3 months ago I was in school, getting my diploma. Year is 2137, Germans have begun WW3, we are loosing, allies are loosing. Americans have just been pounded out of their inner circle of colonies. Our own Russian front is shrinking rapidly and soon we will have to fight in our own solar system. Right now we are on a planet “Rostov-na-Donu†and if we fail here then German advance into Russian inner circle of planets is secured. It is kind of funny, we are a human race, we are the rulers of the universe, our space ships colonize the farthest planets on the farthest reaches of the galaxy, yet still we use the same bullets, yet still we kill each over for power. I myself like many from my division am from “New Novgorod†a colony hidden far in the Russian controlled space.
Time came for another attack. Artillery hit, Germans have activated their shields, the familiar noise of radiation bouncing of the magnetic field. Enemy’s shields have just taken a hit, and are about to loose their energy, we must run to them until they recharge again.
We ran, we ran, and then we ran some more. First shots have fired from our side, the soldier near me fell with a bullet in the neck, reinforced plastic armor, can’t save you from a titanium bullet if you are hit from a close distance. People kept falling down, I threw first grenade, silent explosion, and the sound unlike any other, man dying from being burned alive by liquid fire. We stepped in the trench, a young boy, 15-17 years old aimed at me with his Shmauser, the finger squeezed the trigger but I was faster, my bullet hit him straight in the head and his shot was fired in the air, as he was falling down.
Four more hours and we have taken the trench, suddenly our division commander has asked for our attention.
“Good news, we are going to be leaving this rock in 3 hours, higher command has decided to nuke this planet, Jiglov go tell others to pack up, Menshikov, help him. They are going to drop the nukes at 17:00 , no one going to wait for us to leave. – Then he turned to me- Orlov, I need you to select 20 best men from your squadron and wait in this trench while we get back to the pods, you will be given the command to retreat, after we reached the pods.â€
“Will do, comrade captain- I left, thinking about the people in my squadron who have no relatives, who are ready too die.-“Kuzmich, hey Kuzmich go tell the squadron to meet me hereâ€- in 10 minutes, it was done. –“ alright people I know what you thinking, whoever I choose will certainly be killed. You are probably right, so I am gonna let you decide who goes and who leaves.â€
Finally it was decided 20 men stepped forward, all were veterans, and lost everything they had to the war.
“Alright. Take your positions, Germans are gonna advance at the first sight of our troops retreating, we got to be ready. We will only have to hold them for 3 hours, it shouldn’t be too hard.â€- Who was I kidding? Those people were going to die, every one of them, and they knew it, they already have gone through water and fire, they can not be fooled.
The retreat signal for main forces was given, troops started to move out. Then came the wait, I laid my gun on my knees, and started looking in the direction of enemy camp. They attacked 40 minutes later. I heard one of the soldiers scream, then more shots came, we activated shields just in time. Artillery fell and then the smoke cleared I saw the German army. Ten thousand at least, against 20. I ordered retreat to a safer position but it was too late, they came into the trench, my AM-250 started to get hot, from all the bullets fired. Then I was shot. I screamed something, pain in the shoulder was too great to bear. Then artillery hit again. I fell and I seen that all the rest of my people fell with me. Faces full of fear and pain. With no shields to protect us, artillery destroyed those who were handling the machine guns and Germans went through the trench, they didn’t try to kill the dying the radiation from artillery shells will kill those who are wounded. Darkness took me.
I woke up in a room filled with light, I had no wounds on me. Suddenly something walked in, just came out of the light. It looked like a rat crossbreed with a chimpanzee, exept it was the size of a guerrilla. It walked on two feet, it carried some kind of weapon I never seen, a gun but it had a peace of glass in the place there the bullets were supposed to come out. The alien was thin, really thin. He set down near me, put his weapon aside and placed his hands on my head. I felt like I was in a pot of water. My thoughts mixed together. Then he stopped and went away, as silently as he came in.
I wasn’t given any food, but neither was I hungry. Time has stopped for me, I didn’t know then it was day or night. All I could do was think. The planet was nuked, why did this aliens rescue me?
Some time after my first encounter two other aliens visited me, they didn’t say a word or move an arm but somehow I understood that they wanted me to follow them. I went after them and suddenly I felt my body disappear, I felt no pain I just stopped feeling my arms and legs and then all became dark. Then I woke up I was in some kind of mechanism my hands and legs were bound to it by steel bracelets, I wasn’t able to move.
Then they came, one of them carried a helmet, he put that helmet on me, attached it to wires which were hanging out of the ceiling and one of them touched a small symbol on the wall to the right of me.
The pain was unimaginable, I couldn’t scream, I couldn’t do anything. I begged my body to let me pass out, but something kept me from it, I wished to die, but my wish wasn’t granted. Finally, they let me slide in to the darkness.
I walk up in a small transport shuttle, with a face of an Asian medic hanging over me.
“You alright?â€- he spoke in Russian, but with very noticeable accent
“There am I?â€- I was surprised beyond belief, is this true? Is this real? Am I alive, after hopping for death?
“This is a cargo ship, name is “Reins tagâ€, Chinese colonial resistance just captured it from Germans, two months ago, we are heading for tactical space station “Tokyo 112†They have a Russian embassy there, you should be fine. We found you with this, he reached and pulled out my army coat- “Captain understood that you are Russian by looking at that symbol†–he pointed at the standard RF, paratrooper emblem, a dark circular shaped picture of space, with a good old Tricolor flag in the center of the picture and a two headed eagle in it, my ID number, and division was posted below the emblem-“ after that he called for me, I am the only one who speaks your language in here, my name is Yang by the way.â€
“My name is Gleb, how long till we at the station, and how did you find me?â€- I was weak, I had to concentrate all my energy, in order to speak.
“We are gonna be at the station in 7 hours, we found you drifting in the space jet fighter, you got lucky, the engines were destroyed and we haven’t found you, well are computers predicted structural collapse in 3 hours.â€
“Thanks, don’t mind if I pass out right now?â€
“Go ahead, we not gonna question you, we were already contacted by your government they know that you here, we don’t want any troubleâ€
I passed out and then I woke up, “Reins stag†was already docking to the station.
I was given some new clothes, and they sent me straight to the ambassador’s office.
Then I walked in there were two men in the room, one was ambassador, he was sitting behind the desk, and the other one looked like a military type, a few moments have passed and I realized that it was my division’s captain, the men who sent me and some of my best men to die.
â€How are you feeling?†– ambassador spoke with calm, friendly voice
“I am fine, thank you†– I couldn’t hold my anger, I pointed at the military man and said –“what is he doing here?â€
“I am here to question you sergeant Orlov, and you will do well to remember that I am your superior officer, and you should address me in a proper way†– Captain said loudly, he was almost yelling.
“Captain Babrov is also here to congratulate you, you are here by promoted, to the rank of sub-captain†– he seemed displeased with captains tone- “Now tell us, how did you escape the planet? All of your men were killed, the troops left the planet without you after you were classified as missing in action, how did you survive the nuclear holocaust?â€
“Well, there were some kind of creatures, aliens. Yes, aliens, they used some device on me I don’t know what it was, it was painful, after I passed out I woke up on board of “Reins stag". That is basically it."

(This is only the beggining, once i get some free time i will continue, that will be somethere in the beggining of september.)