Still no luck on Drawing of the Web

kgulley

Reaction score
My friend and I from St. Louis are both working on this freakin' mission to no avail....Help !!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Well, I once did that mission by massing Ultralisks, but you need good macro and micromanagent in order to do that. I suppose your best chance would be to mass Hydralisks, fast, and getting as much expansions as you can.

Your first step would be to expand to the western and northern expansions (to get more minerals and gas), and start building hydralisks (with upgrades) in order to attack the Protoss expansion in the bottom left corner of the base. Make sure you bring overlords. Then just mass them, and attack. You don't have to destroy the middle base, only the 5 bases surrounding the beacons, and bringing Duran in.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Alrighty, it's the right mission this time. Ok, get gas asap. Build up your eco and about 4 tightly packed sunkens. Expand to the north but build two hatches(one near the minerals and one at your ramp then make sunkens there). Expand to the south as well as do the SAME thing(make 2 hatches and make sunkens by the ramp with overlords, of course). Make a few queens and start infesting karaku with parasite. These will give you vision. And they will warn you of incoming attacks well before they happen. You want to overload the pylon clusters as quickly as possible because blue will eventually start attacking you and with great force, too. Remeber that Duran has lockdown and the ability to consume. Each time you overload a pylon cluster, destroy all the surrounding buildings. A nice group of hydras, lurkers, overlords and Duran, of course. Lings(for Duran to consume couldn't hurt, either) Take out the 1st 3 on your side of the map(replace your losses each time). There's another resoucre node just left of the southernmost pylon cluster. Take it as soon as your ready to destroy the brown protoss base on the southweat corner of the map. With that destroyed, brown won't be much of a factor anymore. Defending your base from carriers can be hard without an air force of your own so you're gonna have to just use hydra/deflier. You can dodge storms with your hydras if you see temps approaching. Anyway, taking out the last 2 clusters should be a piece of pie, at this point.

The units I used were hydras, lurkers and defilers.(overlords for detection, of course) Ultras are nice. Upgrades=thx.

You may have to work on your speed. Otherwise what I just said won't help you that much.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I just went nuts and massed a giant army. I think i got Guardians to mop up. That was actually one of the Zerg missions i could do!

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Ranzo, you nub. That's the map where you can't have air.

Zmoney

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I just Massed Hydras and expanded and just romped right through.

I used lings to Clean up the mess.