StarForge - The new map making Editor

Expkilo888

Member!
Reaction score
Help installing starforge

Tell me what to do because i still have an error and that doesnt fix my problem...
its an error about starforge.dll
has anyone else seen this error(.01%) or my cpu just sucks(99.99%)

(V)aster)V(ind

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.idealplayers.com
I have the same problem as matrix, except I found a way around it, create the tileset/size and such in scxe, then OPEN it in SF..it works fine dandy...next up for heim: Triggers!

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
There is one more thing that I often use that would be good to add in StarForge. Add the abilities of Ctrl + Z (Undo) & Ctrl + Y (Redo). I use those a lot and when I realize I can't, it takes me twice as long to undo because I already try Ctrl + Z.

[GLOW=BLUE]- The_Matrix_Reloaded[/GLOW]

Expkilo888

Member!
Reaction score
Error in starforge

Can someone help me out???
I did everything i put all the files in windows\system and starforge still doesnt work...
Theres this error always saying
Error unlocking starforge.dll
This is most likely caused by mismatched versions.
Please download the newest starforge version from
http://seteam.cjb.net

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yes, I agree. I think 1.0.2 will be out a couple days before yours...:) Well anyways there is still a lot to fix. Like the mission briefing, triggers, unit & hero settings, etc...

Infested.Fenix

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Did anyone get SF to save a map that could be opened with SCXE? cuz i didnt. I stopped trying, cuz it kept giving me the same message, Something about earlier version, and i should check blizzard for updates....

Hamster_

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Infested.Fenix
Did anyone get SF to save a map that could be opened with SCXE? cuz i didnt. I stopped trying, cuz it kept giving me the same message, Something about earlier version, and i should check blizzard for updates....
I did , Make a new map in SCXE then save (put 2 start location + 2 unit save) open in SF make your terrain ... save (MAKE A BACK UP FILE SCMDRAFT CORRUPTED MY MAP!!!) Then save again , open in SCXE (work for me)

BH_Naft

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i have a small issue with the minimap....it doesnt show resources or starting locations....see attachment....

plus, when i am editing on twilight tileset, it will occasionally randomly freeze, usually when placing dirt over either null or creep....(although it may be with all terrain).

oh, and on the twilight tileset, about every other restart(of sf) it places creep instead of dirt & other tiles(about 50% of the time)

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Yes, I think the problem with the minimap happens to all of us, Heimdal just created it so you can move around the map quicker. He will most likely enable the ability to see all of the units in a later version of StarForge.

Heimdal

Member!
Reaction score
The bug with the twilight tileset I already knew about and I've already fixed. In the next version I will remove all unused terrain types from the main terrain palette, so you won't get those freeze problems. A lot of people are complaining about it, when really they just chose a terrain type that doesn't exist in the tileset. As long as you're careful, you shouldn't have problems with it.

The next release should also have some other terrain problems fixed, and maybe a proportional minimap as well...I'm rather pressed for time now.

The error about the numberbox control can be fixed by downloading comct232.ocx from the editors page on my site.

If you are getting the error 76 "Can't find path" error, your data files are not in the right place. You need to unzip ALL of the files in starforge.zip into the same folder. Winzip should preserve path information and create a folder called "Data" inside whatever folder you unzipped to. Inside this folder should be: Units.lst, Sprites.lst, Actions.lst, Conditions.lst, techs.lst, upgrades.lst, Units.pal, Terrain.pal, Ownder.dat, Vcod.bin, and unitweap.dat.

[size=huge]ANNOUNCEMENT[/size]

Because I spend SO much of my time now telling people how to fix problems on not one, but three forums, I will no longer post in this thread. You are welcome to help each other, but the official StarForge discussion will be hosted on the forums on my site (http://teamse.x-boxnight.com/phpBB2/index.php). If you need help, first check the first post of the StarForge Troubleshooting thread. If you can't find your problem there, or the solution doesn't work, you're welcome to ask for help on the forum or by e-mailing me at ravenx609@hotmail.com.

Goodbye for now!

P.S. It would be a good idea to lock this thread, in my opinion...Also, could one of the moderators please delete the attached versions of StarForge that I posted earlier in this thread? They are already obsolete and will only cause confusion. Thank you!

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Very well. If you have any doubts of me locking this up, PM me and the mods will consider re-opening it.

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
This thread will be opened but some rules will be made.

You may not post anything related to SF creating problems.
You may not blame Battleforums or anyone else for SF creating problems.
You may not flame Heimdal or any other people in this thread.
You may talk about Heimdal's site
Basically, just talk about how cool StarForge is going to be and you'll be happy.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
The_Matrix_Reloaded- Why were all the attachments removed? (I started browsing the SC Forum today). I was looking forward to see some screenshots of this Awesome editor in action.

Oh well, I will have to wait! (Oh no!)

Anyways, from what I hear, You are doing a good job on SF Hem.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Ahhh....Missed that part. Makes sense now. Thanks for informing me.

Heimdal

Member!
Reaction score
Quick note - Forums on my site are temporarily down. You may still download StarForge and read announcements on the main site, http://teamse.x-boxnight.com (click the image in my signature).