Starcraft: Myspace

PauseBreak

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I really didn't know WHERE to post this. DM move if necessary.

I revamped my Myspace into a SC theme.
Any ideas on how I can make it better? I want a cold-space theme. Blues and maybe greens. I want it to feel dark and lonely. Something like SC. I got some music, =\ and a background. Anyone have any ideas?! Thanks!

www.myspace.com/pausebreaks

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Hey, Thanks for the background. I might use that one instead of wahat I have now. I have the music so I'm good with that. But like, can I do something with buttons? or something/!>

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Mmm. I'm not sure, but there are myspace editors that let you edit the buttons and all that stuff. I'm not familiar with any though, and you would probably have to make the buttons yourself too. :(

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
It'd be great if you could do the sounds that signify when you run the cursor over a menu button or click it, and apply it to the links. And you should have the background music be the SC remix of Du Hast.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I wonder if I could do the links and sounds. Could that be done? What if hosting files wasn't a problem?! How would I go about that?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hosting what types of files? The sounds and images, or?

I'm not sure if you can edit sounds on your page...I know you can use music and things like that. It would be neat if you had the clicking sounds or specific unit sounds when you clicked ''add to friends'' or whatnot. You could have ''It is a good day to die'' when someone adds you or something. :D

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I'm not sure if you can edit sounds on your page...I know you can use music and things like that. It would be neat if you had the clicking sounds or specific unit sounds when you clicked ''add to friends'' or whatnot. You could have ''It is a good day to die'' when someone adds you or something. :D
Yeah, or even a rollover. I'm sure that could be done. I'll look into it. I know Blizzard on their main page has that "work complete" by that orc. I'll look at the HTML for that on the source and try to work from there!

EDIT: I looked and it seems its flash. Which I do not believe myspace allows. :(

PauseBreak

Reaction score
It is most likely protection reasons yes. Because Flash is very powerful and can easly give your computer the dumbs. Its probably blocked because its used for ads like a mad house.

And yes, I did check the blizzard code. Its flash.
<script>
document.write("<div>")
document.write("<object classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000' codebase='http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0' width='80' height='80' id='work' align='middle'>")
document.write("<param name='allowScriptAccess' value='sameDomain' />")
document.write("<param name='movie' value='images/work2.swf' />")
document.write("<param name='quality' value='high' />")
document.write("<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />")
document.write("<embed src='images/work2.swf' quality='high' bgcolor='#ffffff' width='80' height='80' name='work2' align='middle' allowScriptAccess='sameDomain' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' />")
document.write("</object>");
document.write("</div>")
</script>